Author Topic: Is CBC another ill fated attempt at reforming education  (Read 1007 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Is CBC another ill fated attempt at reforming education
« on: September 14, 2019, 03:15:01 PM »
Seeing kids wearing sacks to clean filthy markets is joke taken too far. 8.4.4 with a lot of tweaks 30 years later was working all we need is find a way to make transition from primary to secondary work and reduce cost. I do believe gok needs to find a way of reviving public education make it the first choice. Encourage investments in quality college education

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Is CBC another ill fated attempt at reforming education
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 03:45:37 PM »
What wrong with it

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 04:22:03 PM »
What wrong with it

I seen a lot of complaints from education experts. I do not understand what is useful in having kids go to clean streets in costumes? What is that supposed to be. Help in? I am not in position of commenting on the school work itself. In USA where I think CBC is applied one thing that works is continuous assessment throughout..kenya could have tweaked 8.4.4 a bit and make continuous assessments as part of to the education. We did quizzes and thwt is the same with What i see in american system.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 04:29:40 PM »
We used to do cleaning in schools without getting marks for it. We did community service that was not geared towards grading. All kids need is quality basic educarion. We can add things like tech when resources are available. For now we can spend this wastage gk energy on something more useful like improving college education to cater for current needs. The people that will benefit with CBC are vendors

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 04:44:50 PM »
I am not an expert but if our educational policy wonks recommended CBC after extensive research and debates so be it

Offline Higgins the genius

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 11:56:08 AM »
How will the determine who join which high school? What will be the entry level at the university? Education will no longer be the equalizer

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 11:57:36 AM »
Just like 8-4-4 was failed by lack of investments due to corruption this one is just a non starter. The smart ass wonks removed all prcatical subjects which required massive govt investments only to reintroduce same a few years later. Bure kabisa.  The investment required from government and parents is a revolution spark in a time of stagnant if not collapsing economy. Education is getting 20% of taxes; this plus the fees we are paying in both public and private schools shows something wrong and not the content.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 12:18:46 PM »
What is an obsession with joining high schools 100km or even 1000kms away from home. Kids should continue in same school till form 4 - preferably all our primary schools should be expanded to full schools. Universities we can have SAT like exams - for those that want admission - and they can do it anytime -

What I like about CBC - is that kIds will probably continue into junior high - class 7 to form 2 - in their primary schools.

This nonsense of boarding secondary school should cease except for special cases...like kids from troubled families.

I hope CBC will ensure kids start class 0 to class 12 in the same school. This nonsense you see in British colonies.

How will the determine who join which high school? What will be the entry level at the university? Education will no longer be the equalizer