Author Topic: Trump Crushes Huawei  (Read 10528 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Trump Crushes Huawei
« on: May 20, 2019, 09:25:18 AM »

https://www.androidauthority.com/huawei-loses-access-to-google-android-987873/
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Trump Crushes Huawei
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 12:14:59 PM »
They probably already have their own OS.  They just need to manage the PR fallout.  This might backfire for google.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 12:28:24 PM »
Even if they have their own OS, how many apps can run on it? That is the tricky situation and remember customers do not have patience to wait for months before apps are developed which can run on the new OS.

They probably already have their own OS.  They just need to manage the PR fallout.  This might backfire for google.

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 12:50:12 PM »
Even if they have their own OS, how many apps can run on it? That is the tricky situation and remember customers do not have patience to wait for months before apps are developed which can run on the new OS.

A valid point.  But for a huge player like Huawei I would not be surprised that they have that all figured out with compatibility support one way or another.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 12:57:33 PM »
With middle class Americans and Europeans citizens facing serious economic pressures the governments will have to allow them benefit from cheap Chinese mobile technologies. Looking at reviews of the budget phones on Youtube and Amazon, am always findings North Americans complaining of missing out on these dirty cheap but functional phones due to network issues. With dying Apple what options do they have Nokia, Motorola??

Am sure Chinese government will find a way around these Trump cyber terrorism. Splitting Huawei into a thousand tech dragons is an option.

Is google repeating the mistakes of Apple and microsoft failed closed apps/IoS model in mobile business??
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 03:59:01 PM »
Us really spooked by Huwaei new tech... from their now unmatched patents.Huwaei will spin off something better

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 04:10:25 PM »

Getting an OS is the easiest bit, onboarding developers is the toughest. That's where Windows ,Blackberry failed. Samsung has a working Tizen but they are way too smart to test it on other than their cheapest devices.

But the problem is bigger than Android, how about chips?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 04:54:42 PM »

Getting an OS is the easiest bit, onboarding developers is the toughest. That's where Windows ,Blackberry failed. Samsung has a working Tizen but they are way too smart to test it on other than their cheapest devices.

It looks like their chips are also mostly American.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/19/18632075/intel-qualcomm-huawei-ban-us-chipmakers-report

I think they will suffer, short term.  But long term, it might harm American companies if Americans keep putting volatile idiots into power.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 05:46:36 AM »

It looks like their chips are also mostly American.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/19/18632075/intel-qualcomm-huawei-ban-us-chipmakers-report

I think they will suffer, short term.  But long term, it might harm American companies if Americans keep putting volatile idiots into power.
Thats my take. Its a very short sighted short term thinking. China has 1.5 billion vs USA 400mil. Its a white nationalist thinking to purnish Huawei, which looked forward while USA was busy fighting Iraq wars.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 08:04:21 AM »
If China retaliates the Googles and Apples will suffer more. Huwaei buys 1 trillion dollars worth of goods and service from US - and they will start looking elsewhere including internally.
Thats my take. Its a very short sighted short term thinking. China has 1.5 billion vs USA 400mil. Its a white nationalist thinking to purnish Huawei, which looked forward while USA was busy fighting Iraq wars.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2019, 09:03:42 AM »
If China retaliates the Googles and Apples will suffer more. Huwaei buys 1 trillion dollars worth of goods and service from US - and they will start looking elsewhere including internally.

That seems to be a little off the mark.  Even the whole of China does not buy that much.  In fact, the entire two-way trade between China and the USA is well below that.  According to the US Trade Representative:

* Total US-to-China exports (goods and service) in 2018: $179 billion
* Total China-to-USA exports (goods and services) in 2018: $558 billion

https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/china-mongolia-taiwan/peoples-republic-china
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2019, 09:29:41 AM »
Got that figure from Nation - I think 1.1trillion Kshs (10 billion dollars). Still that a lot of money US companies will lose - 11billion dollar hole for Google, Intel and such companies.
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/What-Huawei-restriction-means-for-Kenya-/1056-5124102-4g7e18z/index.html

But Huwaei is already a colossus and will ride thro this. This is just US getting scared of Huwei 5G rollout way before any US company figures it out.

That seems to be a little off the mark.  Even the whole of China does not buy that much.  In fact, the entire two-way trade between China and the USA is well below that.  According to the US Trade Representative:

* Total US-to-China exports (goods and service) in 2018: $179 billion
* Total China-to-USA exports (goods and services) in 2018: $558 billion

https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/china-mongolia-taiwan/peoples-republic-china

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2019, 09:38:36 AM »
Trump is fighting too many wars at the same time. He hardly has any allies left apart from a few dictators.
In this fight with China, the US has a lot to loose. Alone the US companies in China have a turnover of over US$ 200B. These are US companies producing in China for the Chinese market. Once Chinese consumers start boycotting US products, many US companies will feel the pinch and the profit for the shareholders will shrink.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2019, 01:57:57 PM »
Trump is fighting too many wars at the same time. He hardly has any allies left apart from a few dictators.
In this fight with China, the US has a lot to loose. Alone the US companies in China have a turnover of over US$ 200B. These are US companies producing in China for the Chinese market. Once Chinese consumers start boycotting US products, many US companies will feel the pinch and the profit for the shareholders will shrink.
Trump wants the white race to appear on top, so his wars are meant to   inflict pain so that the "superior race" can dominate.

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 02:45:08 PM »
Trump wants the white race to appear on top, so his wars are meant to   inflict pain so that the "superior race" can dominate.

He is a white supremacist no doubt.  But I think the chaos he is causing is to distract from bigger personal issues.  There is no hidden evil strategic genius of restoring white power.  Soon we will be able to see financial data from his accountants so we better brace for a bigger shitshow.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2019, 01:26:58 PM »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2019, 02:13:04 PM »

Nope you're off on 5G as the beef. It's only a symptom. These are the furious kicks of a losing horse. They have issues with the whole Made in China 2025 not just Huawei. Basically China would have to shutter her progress and supplicate to appease the US. Not happening. Huawei won't conform - but strategically - cause for Xi and the Party such weakness is a BAD MOVE in war. Expect long haul cold war until a winner emerges - my $$ on the dragon. Huawei and other victims will be bruised badly in the crossfire - Apple, Tesla, Safaricom, etc.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2019, 06:48:17 PM »

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2019, 05:59:31 PM »

More trouble for Huawei

https://www.androidauthority.com/huawei-arm-989084/

ARM is British.  Not American.  How does the ban affect them?

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma