Author Topic: Kenyans just like complaining - Economy grew by 6.3%  (Read 611 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Kenyans just like complaining - Economy grew by 6.3%
« on: September 30, 2018, 07:36:41 AM »
That is from Q2 data - with inflation at 3.9%.
https://www.nation.co.ke/business/Economic-growth-signals-more-jobs-as-inflation-rises/996-4782896-ow9lf2/index.html
I don't know why they like complaining when they are buying Unga for so cheap :)

If Q3 and Q4 only - at 6% plus - then economy will be cranking up at 6.3-6.5%.

And next year Uhuru may finally get to Kibaki 7%!!

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Kenyans just like complaining - Economy grew by 6.3%
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 03:33:54 PM »
When you interrogate these figures being thrown around at the household level you understand the level of economic mismanagement and plunder going on.

Agriculture - Bumper maize  harvest but farmers have  not been paid with only so called 'cartel' having pocketed the billions for importing maize from Uganda.  Maize rotting in the stores at homes and NCPB can contribute to GDP growth as long as Jubilee magicians are at work.

Electricity - Despite cheap hydro power and supernormal profits by KENGEN & KP my cost of power has nearly tripled from May.

Truly magical growth which when you look at Kerosene poverty stricken households you get why they need to shut up and celebrate for paying the cost of diesel car owners engine protection fees.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution