Author Topic: Obama:Maybe Pundit Is Right  (Read 785 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Obama:Maybe Pundit Is Right
« on: August 03, 2018, 06:25:15 PM »
I watched a video(can't locate it now) of his recent trip to K'ogelo and was left with a bad aftertaste in my mouth on behalf of his peeps.  The guy comes all the way from America to a village then makes light of the fact that "everyone was claiming to be related to him".  Dismisses ties to the villagers.  Which is a complete reversal of his admiration of this same culture in his book Dreams From My Father.

I thought that was either revealing or a massive slip of tongue by the usually disciplined Obama.  It also kind of explains why Michelle Obama who had made it all the way to Serengeti was conspicuously absent.

I think Pundit is right in one respect.  Obama, for a guy who seems to have made so much effort to reconnect, looks down on his folks.  It's as if he has concluded out that his beloved people are more nuisance than folks whose presence he enjoys.  He will only hang around and tolerate them when there is some publicity related function with his sister.  But I don't agree that he owes Africa anything.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: Obama:Maybe Pundit Is Right
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 08:14:27 PM »
Nope the joke is an inside jokes ke that he shares with his sister. When being interviewed by cnn auma contrasted before, o was senator and potus and o that came there as a private broke citizen. She noted how things were now looking up for Obama clan and that the community was very proud and protective of their son. She said now everyone wants to be an Obama around kogelo..

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 08:24:21 PM »
Nope the joke is an inside jokes ke that he shares with his sister. When being interviewed by cnn auma contrasted before, o was senator and potus and o that came there as a private broke citizen. She noted how things were now looking up for Obama clan and that the community was very proud and protective of their son. She said now everyone wants to be an Obama around kogelo..

He said something along those lines.  A lot of Africans - I think the Luo too - treasure familial ties that can be identified, no matter how distant.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 08:28:44 PM »
Yes obama is totally culturally ignorant so is his wife

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 08:33:25 PM »

And I think his sister has misled him to buy into the the it is all about his ascendancy.  There might be that.  But there is also just a genuine tie these people feel to him because of his father.

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 08:38:58 PM »

And I think his sister has misled him to buy into the the it is all about his ascendancy.  There might be that.  But there is also just a genuine tie these people feel to him because of his father.
Obama is close to his family. He does consult. There are tensions as there would be in any family