Author Topic: Corruption Will Still Bring Down Uhuru  (Read 407 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Corruption Will Still Bring Down Uhuru
« on: July 06, 2018, 11:34:30 AM »
The culture of corruption that he has cultivated is what will bring him down.

Who can blame Ruto for bribing more than 2/3 of the MNAs and Senators? In decent countries that would have led to long prison sentences and loss of the seat. But Uhuru killed Chapter 6 of the constitution; He appointed a corrupt bastard to head EACC after getting rid of the hapless team of commissioners.

Uhuru is fighting the war wrongly. He should have first had the legal structure studied. Then come up with a foolproof raft of new laws and amendments to the existing. He would then ask the MPs to pass the same without debate or amendment.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Corruption Will Still Bring Down Uhuru
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 11:41:56 AM »
At least he is attempting to fight. That is good deterrent. Judiciary is turning the corner - there have been some EACC convinctions. So it's not doom and gloomy. Obviously you're interested in UhuRuto who are "above" the law for good reason tied to our democracy.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: Corruption Will Still Bring Down Uhuru
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 12:17:27 PM »
At least he is attempting to fight. That is good deterrent. Judiciary is turning the corner - there have been some EACC convinctions. So it's not doom and gloomy. Obviously you're interested in UhuRuto who are "above" the law for good reason tied to our democracy.

I was not even close to targeting Ruto. Review my posts and you will find my focus has been entirely on politics. I have not recently pointed fingers at the sacks of money he donates at harambees and other financial debauchery and misdeeds that people raise.

My approach - based on experience and knowledge - is that fighting corruption must be structural not personal. You defeat corruption by creating a majority in society that abhors it. The rest follows like ducklings.

If you target Ruto and imprison him today, only mono cell brains like Global Cow Dung will believe it was about fighting and ending corruption. The truth would be that it would have been a political hatchet job. Once it is done and over with, the "war" would also come to an end and the corrupt will gluttonously make up for lost billions...

Like I wrote Uhuru should first fix the structures. He should then focus on changing the values and morality of Kenyans. The latter is something that takes generations. The earlier we start the better.

Today there is no place in Kenya where people would be aghast at theft. In my home area people (youth and adults alike) used to walk into my farm and help themselves to my mahindi - plucking them off the stems. When I had one arrested after a particularly aggressive "plucking" bout, his defence was most startling: He claimed that he was not stealing; rather he simply "took".

It eerily reminded me of a book I had read in passing at a library during my graduate years. It detailed the problems missionaries had with Africans who could with some unheard of hairsplitting, distinguish between "taking" and "stealing". ( will dig up the book now that we have google books ).

This morning a truck driver refused to stop at a zebra crossing and killed three young people. He saw them but objected to them crossing. He actually hooted in anger before killing them. It will be recorded as a "traffic accident". A murderer will go scot free to kill again.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread