Author Topic: Jean-Pierre Bemba Is Freed  (Read 760 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Jean-Pierre Bemba Is Freed
« on: June 08, 2018, 06:29:55 PM »
The Mobutu oligarch catches a break.  The worth of the life of an African native?  Nought.
International war crimes judges Friday acquitted former Congolese vice president Jean-Pierre Bemba on appeal, overturning an 18-year sentence for war crimes committed in the Central African Republic in 2002-3.

"Mr Bemba cannot be held criminally responsible for the crimes committed by his troops in the Central African Republic," presiding judge Christine Van den Wyngaert told the International Criminal Court in The Hague.
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/africa/ICC-acquits-DR-Congo-Bemba-on-appeal-/1066-4602424-iirjcmz/index.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Jean-Pierre Bemba Is Freed
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 07:28:49 PM »
Kabila who is illegally in power has to be worried. Pemba had beat him in the election and he sent him to ICC> Like UhuRuto - Jean Pierre Pemba is probably headed to PORK in Kinshasas - and ICC is now a monumental failed experiment.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 11:04:58 AM »
Yup. Also Jean-Pierre Bemba is a real thug who will go back to the bush if Kabila continues to cling to power by force instead of handing over to a new elected leader as agreed in the DRC peace accord that gave Bemba VP. Kabila basically went rogue and handed over  the guerilla Bemba to the ICC to allow him to carry on mischief. This could turn out good or real bad for the DRC.

Zaire after deposing the blood-sucking vampire Mobutu has yet to exorcise her demons.

Kabila who is illegally in power has to be worried. Pemba had beat him in the election and he sent him to ICC> Like UhuRuto - Jean Pierre Pemba is probably headed to PORK in Kinshasas - and ICC is now a monumental failed experiment.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 12:27:02 PM »
Yeap. Once pemba is done with sentence for interference - he is going to back to Kinshasha to oust Kabila.
Yup. Also Jean-Pierre Bemba is a real thug who will go back to the bush if Kabila continues to cling to power by force instead of handing over to a new elected leader as agreed in the DRC peace accord that gave Bemba VP. Kabila basically went rogue and handed over  the guerilla Bemba to the ICC to allow him to carry on mischief. This could turn out good or real bad for the DRC.

Zaire after deposing the blood-sucking vampire Mobutu has yet to exorcise her demons.