Author Topic: Postmortem: Jubilee has lost on Every Side  (Read 5130 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Postmortem: Jubilee has lost on Every Side
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 11:17:35 PM »
Miguna is not coming back.
Unless if to apply for citizenship which he is entitled to.
He will also not badmouth Uhunye yet. He is at his mercy maybe until he gets his citizenship

I listened to an interview on BBC and the sounded really cowered. I sincerely hope it was jet lag and nothing else.

That's frankly B.S.: What exactly forced Uhuru's hand here? He has the state, international recognition, and the support of a good chunk of the population even if he's hated by the rest. The opposition have literally nothing but words and demos. Explain again your notion of things being forced on him to do what he "must". This is just your spin as usual, to make Muigai's clumsiness seem well thought out and calculated rather than dumb. You're apologizing for the dude.
He wants opposition to remain small so they can more easily beat them in 2022. You can't see that,ama you are just teasing me?
But you were making the argument that his hand had been forced by circumstances. This now is an argument that it's Machiavellian move instead. All this seems to be about making Kamwana seem clever rather than reactionary.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 11:26:30 AM »
vooke Miguna is not politically savvy or even calculating. It's more likely he'll unleash a blockbuster on the Kenyattas starting with Jomo. Prolly drag Moi in somewhere. Something like "The Kenyan Despots". People like Joho quickly moved on after picking a fight he couldn't win with Uhuru. Not Miguna.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 02:11:07 PM »
Watching the unfolding scenarios since RAO's "inauguration" has been interesting.

Miguna deported, David Ndii has massively toned down his tweets against Jubilee and is now mainly sticking to economics, Orengo quiet, Muthama not blabbering, Kalonzo thinking of 2022 etc.

The mistake RAO did was going through the so-called inauguration. Yes, there were thousands of people who witnessed it but at the end of the day, it's obvious that RAO did not think of the consequences. MDVD, Weta, and Kalonzo did, that's why they stayed away.

Power. That's what it boils down to.

RAO has no power whatsoever and, after his "inauguration", it's become more and more obvious to everyone around him.

Jubilee is roaring, showing us who has the power and RAO can't do a single damn thing about it except whine, even though he's the "People's President". Watch his lieutenants running to court, scared of the holder of real power:

Ndii, Wanjigi and Orengo at DCI to block arrest

NASA leaders led by Siaya Senator James Orengo have appeared at the DCI after they sought anticipatory bail from the courts.

Orengo who is also a lawyer for the Opposition was with Businessman Jimmy Wanjigi, Embakasi East MP Babu Owino and NASA Strategist David Ndii.

The leaders arrived at the DCI headquarters at 12 pm to serve the DCI boss Geroge Kinoti with the anticipatory orders from the Court.

More

So what next? Back to whining about nusu:

The Opposition has self determination and power-sharing through creation of the office of the Executive Prime Minister, should its push for the new poll hit a snag....

More

Good luck with that, after the massive failures of the push for self determination (still with only ~31'000 supporters) and NASA's last failed referendum push.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 02:35:08 PM »
Now that is putting it as is. When will these guys take up their vacant roles as opposition? I mean Joseph Malema of Freedom party in RSA is doing far better job than these guys.
Watching the unfolding scenarios since RAO's "inauguration" has been interesting.

Miguna deported, David Ndii has massively toned down his tweets against Jubilee and is now mainly sticking to economics, Orengo quiet, Muthama not blabbering, Kalonzo thinking of 2022 etc.

The mistake RAO did was going through the so-called inauguration. Yes, there were thousands of people who witnessed it but at the end of the day, it's obvious that RAO did not think of the consequences. MDVD, Weta, and Kalonzo did, that's why they stayed away.

Power. That's what it boils down to.

RAO has no power whatsoever and, after his "inauguration", it's become more and more obvious to everyone around him.

Jubilee is roaring, showing us who has the power and RAO can't do a single damn thing about it except whine, even though he's the "People's President". Watch his lieutenants running to court, scared of the holder of real power:

Ndii, Wanjigi and Orengo at DCI to block arrest

NASA leaders led by Siaya Senator James Orengo have appeared at the DCI after they sought anticipatory bail from the courts.

Orengo who is also a lawyer for the Opposition was with Businessman Jimmy Wanjigi, Embakasi East MP Babu Owino and NASA Strategist David Ndii.

The leaders arrived at the DCI headquarters at 12 pm to serve the DCI boss Geroge Kinoti with the anticipatory orders from the Court.

More

So what next? Back to whining about nusu:

The Opposition has self determination and power-sharing through creation of the office of the Executive Prime Minister, should its push for the new poll hit a snag....

More

Good luck with that, after the massive failures of the push for self determination (still with only ~31'000 supporters) and NASA's last failed referendum push.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 03:14:53 PM »
The fresh elections deadline have been pushed forward another 6 months; the first 3 month deadline long expired. There are are also no takers for the People's cabinet, so it's been scrapped. Only Babu Owino has informally claimed to be the People's Interior CS. Now they are back to wanting a new political system with PM.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 03:39:26 PM »
The fresh elections deadline have been pushed forward another 6 months; the first 3 month deadline long expired. There are are also no takers for the People's cabinet, so it's been scrapped. Only Babu Owino has informally claimed to be the People's Interior CS. Now they are back to wanting a new political system with PM.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 03:49:59 PM »
If you find it necessary to respond to my "insults" I should be really pleased.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2018, 04:13:04 PM »
I said Kichwa you need a mirror. Like the incomprehensible views of the Jubilee supporters in Nyeri you blamed on propaganda. The radical NASA supporters you refer must be so enlightened, nothing to do with political messaging by their leaders.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2018, 05:07:12 PM »
vooke Miguna is not politically savvy or even calculating. It's more likely he'll unleash a blockbuster on the Kenyattas starting with Jomo. Prolly drag Moi in somewhere. Something like "The Kenyan Despots". People like Joho quickly moved on after picking a fight he couldn't win with Uhuru. Not Miguna.

He might as well pen a book.  I wouldn't expect the jubilant to grant him citizenship under any circumstances(based on whatever relevance the law retains) anyway.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2018, 05:11:01 PM »
I have no problem with Jubilee supporters in Nyeri.  I understand where they are coming from and my goal in life is not to change their minds. I am very focused on the NASA fraternity and unlike the old days of mwakenya, we have social media to speed to make communication a breeze and make it absolutely impossible for this despotic regime to muscle our communication. We are not worried about time nor are we control by day to day headlines. When they crackdown on NASA leaders, the movement goes underground and again with the easy of communication, underground is really not that deep underground.  I strongly believe we will succeed and if Nyeri people too believe they will succeed then that is fine. The problem is that time is not on their side. Ouru is already a lame duck president and their are limits to which he can wield state power. Even dictatorship needs a huge complacent and compliant segment of the population to survive. Ouruto do not have that.Ouruto cannot outlive our commitment to change and he will fail miserably trying to subdue or intimidate us to compliance and complacency.  That is why I am very confident that he will not be able to sustain our daily onslaught.

I said Kichwa you need a mirror. Like the incomprehensible views of the Jubilee supporters in Nyeri you blamed on propaganda. The radical NASA supporters you refer must be so enlightened, nothing to do with political messaging by their leaders.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2018, 05:30:07 PM »
Windy, the jubilee government does not confer citizenship-the constitution does.  This matter of citizenship is bigger than Miguna. A lot of Kenyans got their dwell citizenship before 2010 and they are the ones who put a lot of pressure on the leaders to get dwell citizenship. The law that one has to re-apply to get their natural citizenship back is unconstitutional and must be challenged all the way to the supreme court. Under the old constitution one was considered to have "renounced" their Kenyan citizenship just by merely acquiring the citizenship of another country.  We got rid of that constitution and under the 2010 constitution which is the law of the land that language does not exist.  Many Kenyans living in the US and elsewhere are not happy with this statute but refused to challenge it until the Miguna "deportation".  I therefore believe that this particular statute/regulation will be found unconstitutional and natural born Kenyans will only have to prove that they were born in Kenya to acquire a national ID or a Passport.

He might as well pen a book.  I wouldn't expect the jubilant to grant him citizenship under any circumstances(based on whatever relevance the law retains) anyway.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2018, 06:05:31 PM »

Actually if he depoliticizes the issue he will get it instantly. Outside of politics I doubt he even needs Kenyan citizenship. Irony.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2018, 06:16:29 PM »
I know you have nothing against Nyeri people. Your view of them mirrors theirs of you. The radicalization is a reflection. The risk of betrayal Ruto had with Kikuyus is gone for this reason - they see him as a savior contrasted to radical NASA. Right into his game, do you see?

A few things NASA sings are actually good for the country. Independent courts, IEBC, devolution, etc. Others like PM and katiba changes are bad: we just reversed 50 years of that and the new system is just 7 years along. Such ideas expose "electoral justice" as a smokescreen. And these demands, and other things, they are the exact mandate of an opposition. Just avoid the treasonable stuff.

I have no problem with Jubilee supporters in Nyeri.  I understand where they are coming from and my goal in life is not to change their minds. I am very focused on the NASA fraternity and unlike the old days of mwakenya, we have social media to speed to make communication a breeze and make it absolutely impossible for this despotic regime to muscle our communication. We are not worried about time nor are we control by day to day headlines. When they crackdown on NASA leaders, the movement goes underground and again with the easy of communication, underground is really not that deep underground.  I strongly believe we will succeed and if Nyeri people too believe they will succeed then that is fine. The problem is that time is not on their side. Ouru is already a lame duck president and their are limits to which he can wield state power. Even dictatorship needs a huge complacent and compliant segment of the population to survive. Ouruto do not have that.Ouruto cannot outlive our commitment to change and he will fail miserably trying to subdue or intimidate us to compliance and complacency.  That is why I am very confident that he will not be able to sustain our daily onslaught.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2018, 07:57:43 PM »

Robina. I know what we want in NASA but I do not know what Jubilee wants and your guess is as good as mine.  are not qualified to speak for both of us.  What we are doing in NASA is resisting and disrupting a scheme to subvert the constitution through electoral injustice and create a nation where two tribes dominate the rest wapende wasipende.  When you therefore make silly statements like me and Nyeri people are mirror images of each other I know that such statements are based on ignorance and not worth any serious attention.

I know you have nothing against Nyeri people. Your view of them mirrors theirs of you. The radicalization is a reflection. The risk of betrayal Ruto had with Kikuyus is gone for this reason - they see him as a savior contrasted to radical NASA. Right into his game, do you see?

A few things NASA sings are actually good for the country. Independent courts, IEBC, devolution, etc. Others like PM and katiba changes are bad: we just reversed 50 years of that and the new system is just 7 years along. Such ideas expose "electoral justice" as a smokescreen. And these demands, and other things, they are the exact mandate of an opposition. Just avoid the treasonable stuff.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2018, 08:03:45 PM »

Actually if he depoliticizes the issue he will get it instantly. Outside of politics I doubt he even needs Kenyan citizenship. Irony.

Miguna never talked or discussed his citizenship until his dual citizenship was politicized. Talk about blaming the victim. You are losing your mind. Kenyan citizenship does not belong to jubilee and Miguna will not beg Jubilee to give it back. He never lost it and he will get his passport back and enter the country triumphatically  without begging jubilee for it. I told you that time is not an issue for us in NASA.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2018, 09:15:22 PM »
5) A person who is a Kenyan citizen by birth and who, on the effective date, has ceased to be a Kenyan citizen because the person acquired citizenship of another country, is entitled on application to regain Kenyan citizenship.
Windy, the jubilee government does not confer citizenship-the constitution does.  This matter of citizenship is bigger than Miguna. A lot of Kenyans got their dwell citizenship before 2010 and they are the ones who put a lot of pressure on the leaders to get dwell citizenship. The law that one has to re-apply to get their natural citizenship back is unconstitutional and must be challenged all the way to the supreme court. Under the old constitution one was considered to have "renounced" their Kenyan citizenship just by merely acquiring the citizenship of another country.  We got rid of that constitution and under the 2010 constitution which is the law of the land that language does not exist.  Many Kenyans living in the US and elsewhere are not happy with this statute but refused to challenge it until the Miguna "deportation".  I therefore believe that this particular statute/regulation will be found unconstitutional and natural born Kenyans will only have to prove that they were born in Kenya to acquire a national ID or a Passport.

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2018, 09:19:24 PM »

I get your point.  I just think Kenya is now post-legal.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2018, 11:29:26 PM »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2018, 11:31:46 PM »
Two tribe domination - it's called universal suffrage democracy. Anyone can run, not all can win. Ruto is next.

You paint Jubilee supporters as brainwashed (by propaganda) - but NASA followers as informed. That was on Windy's video of Nyeri. I do not speak for you or NASA of course, I read your words.

If one just arrived from Mars they might mistake NASA as law-abiding or its demands and agitations as legit. Until they meet the amorphous NRM, People's Assembly, boycotts, demos, oaths and etc illegalities. You are a rogue opposition. I can imagine Mr Miguna explaining to the foreign media why he was deported and expecting sympathy.

"I am entitled to be the People's CJ"

Robina. I know what we want in NASA but I do not know what Jubilee wants and your guess is as good as mine.  are not qualified to speak for both of us.  What we are doing in NASA is resisting and disrupting a scheme to subvert the constitution through electoral injustice and create a nation where two tribes dominate the rest wapende wasipende.  When you therefore make silly statements like me and Nyeri people are mirror images of each other I know that such statements are based on ignorance and not worth any serious attention.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2018, 11:39:12 PM »

You've every reason to be worried.  The wazees currently advising the electoral fraudster have a very old bag of tricks churning out crude and ancient tricks.  There will be an escalation