Author Topic: Postmortem: Jubilee has lost on Every Side  (Read 5135 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Postmortem: Jubilee has lost on Every Side
« on: February 06, 2018, 09:36:03 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline patel

• Enigma
Re: Postmortem: Jubilee has lost on Every Side
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 10:31:56 PM »
We are still miles away from Canaan.  More work to be done. Judiciary was the only branch of the government that was somehow standing but after the event of the last few days I doubt this institution will be salvageable. 

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 01:57:56 AM »
Like I said, Uhuru should not have listened to that hot head, the fool Matiangi. The wisest response to the swearing in would have been mocking and laughter then continue with business as usual. Why was he acting like a man threatened by an opposition with no guns or institutional power, just words and protests? I saw CNN asking questions along those lines. He should have listened to Grand Mullah, not Matiangi.

And now I hear Miguna has been deported from his own motherland. I'm shaking my head.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 03:16:23 AM »
Miguna will be more lethal peeing in from outside than when he was here. Now he has a golden opportunity to build the movement from outside and source for funds something that NRM did not have. The last thing that jubilee idiots need is Miguna on CNN, Fox, BBC, SKY news or Aljazeera whom I believe cannot wait to interview him. Miguna has reconciled himself to the fight ahead, he is a wounded bull but not broken, totally fearless. He should take a week off, rest and reset then from there media blitz and speech tour through North America, Europe then Africa. Give then hell General Miguna

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 05:32:42 AM »
Like I said, Uhuru should not have listened to that hot head, the fool Matiangi. The wisest response to the swearing in would have been mocking and laughter then continue with business as usual. Why was he acting like a man threatened by an opposition with no guns or institutional power, just words and protests? I saw CNN asking questions along those lines. He should have listened to Grand Mullah, not Matiangi.

And now I hear Miguna has been deported from his own motherland. I'm shaking my head.

I think you credit Matiangi with too much. His is just to implement. Just as all the dead negroes before him. The reaction was a political decision so it must have taken the ICC suspects and their highest advisors
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 06:48:27 AM »

I think you credit Matiangi with too much. His is just to implement. Just as all the dead negroes before him. The reaction was a political decision so it must have taken the ICC suspects and their highest advisors

I imagine Matiang'i is one of the highest advisors. He is very temperamental and the kind to please the boss. This deportation debacle looks like something Uhuru and Matiang'i would do over the more calculating Ruto's misgivings.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 09:35:33 AM »
But Robina, you guys have been cheering on these shenanigans in order to teach people a lesson for insulting the little king, Muigai. As if disrespecting a politician, even a president, even one with no claims of illegitimacy leveled at him, has become a crime.  And then you guys talk about democracy and use the law to protect this presidency. 

Uhuru is acting in a way that depicts him as a straight-up thug with no respect for the law rather than a respectable head of government. This stuff only makes a lot of people see him as capable of the monstrosities this government has already been accused of such as electoral fraud and threatening/using heads of institutions. Why would you cheer him on in that if you believed in his legitimacy? He has the state and international recognition and the support of a sizeable chunk of the population even if not the absolute majority and the opposition have no arms or intentions to acquire them. That would be enough to keep calm for most sane negroes but Uhuru is acting very weirdly instead. Maybe he got drunk again on the day of the swearing-in and hasn't sobered up since last week, who knows. I haven't seen him in public.

I can only think that this is an attempt, not to defeat opposition but to install a brazen dictatorship. That's the worst case scenario so I'm still hoping that Uhuru is just ego-stung and has temporarily lost his senses ie he's throwing a tantrum and will soon calm down.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 09:41:12 AM »
This is actually false. Jubilee have turned the tables - on NASA -and now NASA are negotiating - not for anything like NUSU mkate - but for police & executive to cease crackdown.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 11:01:20 AM »
But Robina, you guys have been cheering on these shenanigans in order to teach people a lesson for insulting the little king, Muigai. As if disrespecting a politician, even a president, even one with no claims of illegitimacy leveled at him, has become a crime.  And then you guys talk about democracy and use the law to protect this presidency. 

Uhuru is acting in a way that depicts him as a straight-up thug with no respect for the law rather than a respectable head of government. This stuff only makes a lot of people see him as capable of the monstrosities this government has already been accused of such as electoral fraud and threatening/using heads of institutions. Why would you cheer him on in that if you believed in his legitimacy? He has the state and international recognition and the support of a sizeable chunk of the population even if not the absolute majority and the opposition have no arms or intentions to acquire them. That would be enough to keep calm for most sane negroes but Uhuru is acting very weirdly instead. Maybe he got drunk again on the day of the swearing-in and hasn't sobered up since last week, who knows. I haven't seen him in public.

I can only think that this is an attempt, not to defeat opposition but to install a brazen dictatorship. That's the worst case scenario so I'm still hoping that Uhuru is just ego-stung and has temporarily lost his senses ie he's throwing a tantrum and will soon calm down.

Like Pundito said else where,
All governments have gray areas where they straddle the fine line between executive suit types and millitary animals.

Let's say calling Uhuru dictator is so last century just as saying Babu is power hungry. He did what he had to do when push came to shove. If whatever he is doing is bad for him, Babu supporters should be cheering him self-destruct

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 12:44:36 PM »

All governments have gray areas where they straddle the fine line between executive suit types and millitary animals.

Let's say calling Uhuru dictator is so last century just as saying Babu is power hungry. He did what he had to do when push came to shove. If whatever he is doing is bad for him, Babu supporters should be cheering him self-destruct
That's frankly B.S.: What exactly forced Uhuru's hand here? He has the state, international recognition, and the support of a good chunk of the population even if he's hated by the rest. The opposition have literally nothing but words and demos. Explain again your notion of things being forced on him to do what he "must". This is just your spin as usual, to make Muigai's clumsiness seem well thought out and calculated rather than dumb. You're apologizing for the dude.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 12:54:42 PM »
This is actually false. Jubilee have turned the tables - on NASA -and now NASA are negotiating - not for anything like NUSU mkate - but for police & executive to cease crackdown.
They had successfully ignored these alleged calls for nusu-mkate, no? What exactly have they gained now as opposed to continuing on that route? All the opposition had managed was a peaceful non-binding ceremony many scoffed at. What was the point of giving them a cause?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 01:00:30 PM »
GoK doesn't exist to look nice. If this was not nipped in the bud with the ongoing crackdown the opposition would have become more and more embolden.
They had successfully ignored these alleged calls for nusu-mkate, no? What exactly have they gained now as opposed to continuing on that route? All the opposition had managed was a peaceful non-binding ceremony many scoffed at. What was the point of giving them a cause?

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 01:56:35 PM »

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 04:11:36 PM »

That's frankly B.S.: What exactly forced Uhuru's hand here? He has the state, international recognition, and the support of a good chunk of the population even if he's hated by the rest. The opposition have literally nothing but words and demos. Explain again your notion of things being forced on him to do what he "must". This is just your spin as usual, to make Muigai's clumsiness seem well thought out and calculated rather than dumb. You're apologizing for the dude.
He wants opposition to remain small so they can more easily beat them in 2022. You can't see that,ama you are just teasing me?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 04:15:56 PM »

Uhuru's fear was Babu antics buying him more votes. You have to remember that the contentious results put him ahead by a mere 9%. That's a margin that can be easily wrecked. Uhunye knows this and it scares him endlessly.

Illegality,rule if law and other shitty factors are just a cover

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 08:23:44 PM »
He wants opposition to remain small so they can more easily beat them in 2022. You can't see that,ama you are just teasing me?
But you were making the argument that his hand had been forced by circumstances. This now is an argument that it's Machiavellian move instead. All this seems to be about making Kamwana seem clever rather than reactionary.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 09:19:01 PM »
But you were making the argument that his hand had been forced by circumstances. This now is an argument that it's Machiavellian move instead. All this seems to be about making Kamwana seem clever rather than reactionary.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 11:01:03 PM »
Kichwa how would the courts enforce those orders? Jail the IG? In a standoff the executive wins. For one parliament would not lift a finger to aid the courts. In the end they are at the mercy of the executive.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 11:11:23 PM »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 11:16:39 PM »
I wonder if the swearing-in was forced by circumstances. What was the pressing need?