Author Topic: China To Make AI Chips  (Read 618 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
China To Make AI Chips
« on: January 26, 2018, 05:55:12 PM »
Robina will like this.  AI wired in at firmware level.  I wouldn't be surprised if bigger players like intel already have this in the pipeline.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/609954/china-wants-to-make-the-chips-that-will-add-ai-to-any-gadget/
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: China To Make AI Chips
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 04:47:11 AM »
Wow, the AA batteries bit is puzzling. It means the chip is really advanced. China is beating the US in computing - AI, quantum, IoT, industrie 4.0, name it. About Intel, and US chipmakers -- they will have a tough time battling the Chinese. AI is still industrial scale which China rigs for her companies. Nvidia and Qualcom are presently unable to supply GPUs for the gaming and cryptomining craze -
 scaling is tough.

Soon there will be a robots craze..
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: China To Make AI Chips
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 06:30:43 AM »
There are already AI chips in toasters to any gadgets with little battery use. It's not the gadgets themselves which are like eyes, ears, data collectors etc. it's data storage and how readily it connect to the internet for high performace output via predictive algorithms... buzz word being IoT. Anyone can soldier chips but the chips themselves aren't AI. It's the data and algorithms that determine accuracy in response rates to some stimuli. I don't think we'll ever get to that point because of greedy politicians, selfish scientists, empty entrepreneurs, climate change, environmental problems. I also see a growing trend of the wrong people becoming scientists. So many eloquent and wordy scientists who publish poetry and not enough thinkers and people who should be scientists are being funded. What I see at the moment is fakeness heading towards anarchy.

I say in 50 yrs time, there'll be super rich and the rest live in some orweillian society, 200 yrs top - human extinction.