Author Topic: Nuff Sed, what is so 'DIVINE' about the blood of Jesus?  (Read 21972 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Nuff Sed, what is so 'DIVINE' about the blood of Jesus?
« on: September 24, 2014, 04:41:34 PM »
Some negro I ran into argued that Jesus blood was sinless but he had sinful flesh. That the lamb without blemish applies to Jesus' blood NOT his flesh. Somebody actually claimed that Jesus blood came from heaven

This is Christian mysticism at its worst

What's your take my sister?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
Re: Nuff Sed, what is so 'DIVINE' about the blood of Jesus?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 04:46:43 PM »
I aint nuff sed, but I hope I can be permitted to participate.

How can Jesus' flesh be sinful? What does "sinful" mean here? I thought only the free will can sin, the flesh cannot choose and cannot sin.

The flesh however can be "fallen" in the sense of a consequence of original sin. All it means is that it is disordered, doesnt exactly work as it's supposed to. A rebellion of the lower nature from the higher nature, such that man no longer has perfect control of his flesh, it's become a little like a wild horse, sometimes going its own way.

I do not accept that Christ was either sinful or fallen in any sense of the word: not in his will, intellect or his flesh. Only the world in which he lived for 33 years was fallen, but not Christ himself.
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 05:12:30 PM »
Romans 8:3 King James Version (KJV)

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Romans 8:3 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

3 for what the law was not able to do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, His own Son having sent in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, did condemn the sin in the flesh,

kadame,
I agree
read through this verse VEEEEERY SLOWLY...Jesus came in flesh, in every way like you  but he had no sin. This verse says likeliness or LIKE but not IN...it means He was like us in ALL ways except he never sinned. This manenoz of separating Jesus flesh and blood is so strange, am still in shock

And besides, his sacrifice was not just shedding blood but death. Si he could have drawn some of his blood and spilt it to complete the redemption plan? His body was as necessary for our salvation as his blood!
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 05:17:53 PM »
To me, "likeness of sinful flesh" might as well be replaced with "likeness of men". All it means was that Christ was truly human, nothing more. Jesus became one of them, doesnt mean he was also fallen.

If someone confesses that Christ was sinful then they are confessing that the savior was himself in need of salvation. I thought this would be something no christian could ever confess.
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 05:40:09 PM »
Exactly!
But they are insisting that what was needed for the sacrifice was his blood and not flesh! SO it don't matter if the flesh was blemished, all we need pure was his blood. SO Jesus had 'spiritual' non human blood since 'blood comes from the father' and Jesus had no earthly father.

Jesus full human except his blood is no human IMHO

To me, "likeness of sinful flesh" might as well be replaced with "likeness of men". All it means was that Christ was truly human, nothing more. Jesus became one of them, doesnt mean he was also fallen.

If someone confesses that Christ was sinful then they are confessing that the savior was himself in need of salvation. I thought this would be something no christian could ever confess.

Offline Nuff Sed

• VIP
  • Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 04:27:05 PM »
Romans 8 should answer that question. It becomes even clearer if you read Hebrews 4.

Hebrews 4
14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.