Author Topic: DPO Group - the mVisa guys - get $5m to expand in Africa  (Read 700 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
DPO Group - the mVisa guys - get $5m to expand in Africa
« on: November 01, 2017, 01:47:37 PM »
It seems everyone wants a piece of the African payments pie. This guys seem to compete with M-pesa, Pesalink, Equitel, etc. They are internet-based like Paypal. They are bigger in SA, Namibia, Botswana where they want to restrict EcoCash to retail m-commerce.

Direct Pay Online Group gets USD 5 mln cash injection from Apis
https://www.telecompaper.com/news/direct-pay-online-group-gets-usd-5-mln-cash-injection-from-apis--1218416
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: DPO Group - the mVisa guys - get $5m to expand in Africa
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 02:04:47 PM »
what do they do again - not getting it.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: DPO Group - the mVisa guys - get $5m to expand in Africa
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 02:47:41 PM »
Internet payments. By integrating merchants, vendors, etc - by single click on mobile app or web. Same space as M-Pesa, EcoCash, Pesalink, etc but they seem to target non-retail - hotel & travel, etc. mVisa uses their API to integrate non-visa payments.

what do they do again - not getting it.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527