Author Topic: Developing: IEBC is in Lockdown  (Read 4025 times)

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Developing: IEBC is in Lockdown
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 08:25:23 PM »
Sure about ELOG?

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001258746/elog-releases-findings-on-repeat-presidential-election

I suspect Rao has nothing. He loves creating tension with nothing to back it up with.

That's his Modus Operandi whenever he believes he's cornered.

I understand your opinion of Raila and share some of it.  But that should not blind us to some facts.  Without going into the reasons, I am convinced the guy likely won on August 8th.  Suppose that is proven to you beyond doubt.  Do you consider it a problem that an election was rigged against him?
I dislike, nah loath, both Rao and Uhuru as I believe neither of them are worth anything (don't get me started on Ruto).

That being said, I seriously doubt Rao won 8.8. or even came close. Believing the IEBC was so clever, so smart, so ingenious that not only did they (partially) successfully rig the elections, not a single verifiable piece of evidence has been laid on the table proving that rigging (1.4m votes!) took place, where tens of thousands were involved. Shambolic? Yeah, as usual. In my opinion, it's simply a NASA conspiracy theory with zero facts of Rao's win.

If we think just a wee bit more, I simply can't understand how anyone can expect any Kenyan government institution to be run with 100% efficiency, heck, even 70%. When Rao was PM, his very own office was practically in shambles on a daily basis (remember, he started the "step aside" BS) yet here he is, demanding from the IEBC what even he himself couldn't deliver. Perfection.

It's simply illogical to think otherwise, akin to the moon hoax or flat earth believers.

P.S. Rao was definitely rigged out in 2007.

I was ready to accept that too.  But the petition was not on the basis of numbers.  Yet, even if it was, the number of missing 34As(10,000 on the declaration day) is a lot.  What do you make of that?

That aside, IEBC flat out refused to open its servers to scrutiny at the risk of contempt of court.  That is in the SCOK records.  It's been corroborated by Akombe.  It's an established fact.  You must be aware of that.  How do you level this with your claim that IEBC had nothing to hide?
In agreement with you in some points.

But the bigger picture is the shambolic operations. That's where I see the problem.

Given: the NASA presidential candidate nominations. Shambolic, took too long, etc., n'est pas? It's typical, with all our institutions and does not necessarily mean rigging.

That's how things work here. Now in 2007, rigging took place as attested by thousands who saw it happening live.

2013 & 2017? Not a single independent confirmed proof of rigging, whether from NASA or any other independent individuals (SCOK didn't see any evidence of rigging, just a mess by IEBC, a decision NASA happily lauded). If there is, please link for me.

There were claims of rigging.  But independent is relative in that partisan environment.  I mean, if Raila claimed rigging, and provided evidence, would you really believe him or the corroborating party?  Would you temporarily ignore your view of the man, and evaluate the situation fairly?

The story of this election was in the electronic transmission.  This is the first election where ROs trooping to the National Tallying Center had been relegated to the periphery.  Whatever got electronically transmitted and received at NTC was going to determine the election.  And in that area, IEBC simply did not allow enough scrutiny to determine what actually got transmitted.  To date, we still have no idea what happened on that day with transmission.

I don't consider their stonewalling on the server order merely shambolic but actually a deliberate and concerted effort to frustrate scrutiny of those servers.  It became pretty obvious that was a red line for them and they were willing and did risk everything to prevent it.  IMO that can only mean that the result on those servers was materially different from what IEBC declared.
"Correlation does not imply causation".

That's the BS NASA is trying to get away with, by making wild accusations that just because the IEBC ran a shoddy election, it automatically implies rigging. It doesn't.

Listen to what Rao is NOT talking about. Therein lies the whole truth of 8.8 and why he avoided 26.10 by making demands he knew couldn't be met within the SCOK deadline. There were a myriad of methods NASA could have used to show actual rigging taking place on 26.10 but NASA wasn't interested.

NASA was never interested in a rerun simply because they knew they'd lost despite the irregularities of the IEBC.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2017, 12:39:33 AM »

That's the BS NASA is trying to get away with, by making wild accusations that just because the IEBC ran a shoddy election, it automatically implies rigging. It doesn't.

Listen to what Rao is NOT talking about. Therein lies the whole truth of 8.8 and why he avoided 26.10 by making demands he knew couldn't be met within the SCOK deadline. There were a myriad of methods NASA could have used to show actual rigging taking place on 26.10 but NASA wasn't interested.

NASA was never interested in a rerun simply because they knew they'd lost despite the irregularities of the IEBC.

True. 2007 most of the observers promptly proclaimed the rigging. The ODM agents in Nithi had real-vs-cooked results handy.

2017 - no real-vs-cooked results - no particular station. No singing agents. Just photocopied and soiled forms. NASA won on the process but failed to prove rigging which lost them token supporters like myself. At best I thought it was plain negligent to place the burden of proof on the IEBC. At worst I thought they did have their agents' results that showed no rigging.

On the opening of the IEBC server/s. I imagined granting access was unmanageable for a myriad of reasons. For one "server" is an abstract concept. What exactly do you grant access to - the databases? Their logs/backups? The file systems with IEBC docs? What docs? The IEBC network? For two the mess called fumbling can be great propaganda material and can do much harm.

But now it turns out the servers can be accessed by various parties after all - even without court orders! 8) So it would be good to know why access could not be granted after 8th August.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 03:31:07 AM »

True. 2007 most of the observers promptly proclaimed the rigging. The ODM agents in Nithi had real-vs-cooked results handy.

2017 - no real-vs-cooked results - no particular station. No singing agents. Just photocopied and soiled forms. NASA won on the process but failed to prove rigging which lost them token supporters like myself. At best I thought it was plain negligent to place the burden of proof on the IEBC. At worst I thought they did have their agents' results that showed no rigging.

On the opening of the IEBC server/s. I imagined granting access was unmanageable for a myriad of reasons. For one "server" is an abstract concept. What exactly do you grant access to - the databases? Their logs/backups? The file systems with IEBC docs? What docs? The IEBC network? For two the mess called fumbling can be great propaganda material and can do much harm.

But now it turns out the servers can be accessed by various parties after all - even without court orders! 8) So it would be good to know why access could not be granted after 8th August.

There was a specific checklist that IEBC had to satisfy.  It was not an abstract request.  The stonewalling was not made up.  The hilarious excuses on the other hand were definitely made up.  To be fair to Muite, he simply did what his client asked him to do.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 03:41:56 AM »
So it would be good to know why access could not be granted after 8th August.

The Europeans in charge were asleep.   For several days, apparently.    They did eventually wake, but even then the IEBC was exercising an "abundance of caution".      :o
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 04:21:31 AM »
So it would be good to know why access could not be granted after 8th August.

The Europeans in charge were asleep.   For several days, apparently.    They did eventually wake, but even then the IEBC was exercising an "abundance of caution".      :o
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2017, 09:50:51 AM »
"You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity." ~ Robert A. Heinlein.

IEBC were stupid and, more importantly in typical Kenyan institution madness, most likely not willing to take responsibility for their own stupidity.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2017, 12:44:57 PM »
"You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity." ~ Robert A. Heinlein.

IEBC were stupid and, more importantly in typical Kenyan institution madness, most likely not willing to take responsibility for their own stupidity.

Indeed. SCOK said: give us the report-card of your failures. And the IEBC bulked.

As the NASA and Jubilee followers we are insistent - indignant - that this proves rigging and mere fumble - respectively. We are all the IEBC.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2017, 07:53:52 PM »

Indeed. SCOK said: give us the report-card of your failures. And the IEBC bulked.

As the NASA and Jubilee followers we are insistent - indignant - that this proves rigging and mere fumble - respectively. We are all the IEBC.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2017, 08:05:51 PM »

I agree, it's hard to believe but all the same these kind of fumbles happen here all the time.

For example, remember when JKIA arrivals burned down? Same kind of fumble.

No one is willing to talk (too dangerous as it could cost you your precious job) and constant buck passing takes too much time to investigate.

Edit:

NASA used the opportunity to avoid running again. They knew they'd lost badly and grabbed any chance to, in my opinion, get nusu.