Author Topic: NDII:Benevolent dictatorship is like snake oil  (Read 4375 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: NDII:Benevolent dictatorship is like snake oil
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 01:01:35 PM »
Kichwa I think that question will be settled soon by the ballot and probably the Supreme Court. There is no dictatorship in Kenya. We are a devolved presidential democracy. With a brand new progressive constitution which was fought for and debated for decades.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 02:04:15 PM »
The bottom line is that we all agree with Ndii that Benevolent dictatorship that ourutu designed for Kenya is not going to work.  We therefore need to go back to the drawing boards and find what will work because there is not going to be any "development" until we resolve that problem.  There are solutions out there that can work but those who designed the 20 year plan of containing power using a rigged electoral system of "electing" the presiden of Kenya must give it up and agree to come to the table and design a system which works for everyone.  A diverse nation like Kenya is a marriage where the terms of the union must be negotiated all the time otherwise folks just need to go their way and find happiness elsewhere.  We in NASA are not going back to that silly arrangement where ourutu "wins" rigged elections all the time.  Kenyattaa's legacy is kaput for thinking he can hoodwink all the people all the time.

It's only benevolent in name.  It is anything but benevolent.  The dictatorship is designed to continue with the status quo, impunity, electoral fraud and tribal profiling and eventual extermination of the Luo nation and any opposing views. 

No dictatorship, period.  Benevolent or otherwise.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2017, 03:42:11 PM »
Kadudu China is a homogeneous society - 90% Han - which enables the Communist Party's iron grip. You can see the disruptive noise the Tibetans and Uygurs cause - including violence, secession and terrorism.

That is close to saying "they all look alike" and is not the most hepful way of looking at things.    The Han are actually divided into distinct sub-groups (or "clans"), with notable linguistic and cultural differences.  Differences that have sometimes meant serious problems.   As an example, take a look at the Hakka and their experiences at the hands of other Han in the "90% homogeneous society":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakka_people
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 04:04:19 PM »
Kadudu China is a homogeneous society - 90% Han - which enables the Communist Party's iron grip. You can see the disruptive noise the Tibetans and Uygurs cause - including violence, secession and terrorism.

That is close to saying "they all look alike" and is not the most hepful way of looking at things.    The Han are actually divided into distinct sub-groups (or "clans"), with notable linguistic and cultural differences.  Differences that have sometimes meant serious problems.   As an example, take a look at the Hakka and their experiences at the hands of other Han in the "90% homogeneous society":

I also thought that simply the fact that there are over a billion people, you are going to have differences, many of them pretty major.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 04:19:39 PM »

I also thought that simply the fact that there are over a billion people, you are going to have differences, many of them pretty major.

This is true - there are major differences - especially over development inequality. The western (mostly coastal) China is ahead of the interior. This is what Tibet highlights. The Han are like the Bantu or Cushites - with tribes, clans, etc - but largely cohesive. The real state conflict is with the Uygurs Muslims and the Tibet monks. These two blow up things and set themselves on fire. The exiled Dalai Lama is wanted for treason I think. Can't set foot in some countries.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 06:39:18 PM »
Mwafrika needs a little more competence and taking responsibility for messing up. As long as you know people - small and mighty, will wildly defend you for mediocrity, criminal activities and all evils we will continue just being rocking chair societies.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 07:30:44 PM »

Doesn't even have to be a particularly large number.   Take a look at the wreck next door, Somalia, whose population is "mostly the same people".
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 09:25:18 PM »

Doesn't even have to be a particularly large number.   Take a look at the wreck next door, Somalia, whose population is "mostly the same people".

Yep.  So there is more to cohesion than just ethnicity.  Maybe Robina should instead refer to a different kind of cohesion.  The We may not be like each other, but we share certain values kind of cohesion.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman