Author Topic: Babu’s Rant at Chatham  (Read 1970 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Babu’s Rant at Chatham
« on: October 13, 2017, 07:56:12 PM »

The new election, therefore, is going to be as corruptly conducted as the one last month and its outcome would in no way represent the will of the people.

We must ask: Is an election held to fulfill some legal requirement, regardless of whether it will be demonstrably free and fair?The validity of the checklist of the requirements for free and fair elections proposed by NASA has not been disputed by anyoneMy participation in it, therefore, would only legitimize a corrupt exercise.These laws are being changed in the middle of an election cycle! It is like changing the rules of a soccer match at halftime in order to help the home team win!Kenya needs its international partners, who have been stalwart friends in the past, to support Kenyans in this struggle to protect and defend its democratic institutions and processes. Our partners enjoy enormous respect for the role they played in helping us overcome the decades-long yoke of one party rule in the 1990s. And in 2007, after the rigged election led to the worst violence independent Kenya had ever seen, it was our partners, in a robust and unprecedently speedy intervention who pulled us back from the brink. Such was the interest in preserving Kenyan peace that highest-level international leaders traveled to Kenya in search of a durable solution.

They included someone I am very pleased to see has joined our discussion today, the great Kenya friend and then British Cabinet Minister Lord Mark Malloch Brown. Then US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice also travelled to Nairobi to push for needed compromises.

That historic intervention, spearheaded by the former United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan, did not merely address the 2007 electoral crisis, but the deep-rooted causes of the violence that successive governments refused to address. It was that well thought-through and caring approach that led to the consolidation of the rights in a new Constitution that engendered a period of vibrant civil society engagement and enhanced national harmony.

Like then, we cannot tackle the current challenge alone. I am aware that the new world that we now live in is less compassionate than what prevailed just a decade ago. But at the same time, there are hugely pragmatic reasons to help preserve the democracy that has given Kenya the stability to become the linchpin for peace and prosperity in our vast and strategic region.

Signed:Rt. Hon Raila Odinga, EGH, Coalition Leader, NASA; Party Leader, ODM; Prime Minister of the Republic of Kenya (2008-13), Chatham House; October 13, 2017.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
Re: Babu’s Rant at Chatham
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 08:19:00 PM »
All Odinga and NASA want are free, fair and transparent elections. 

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 08:20:02 PM »
Like then, we cannot tackle the current challenge alone - that is all I read here - he is calling for international help as UhuRuto squeeze his balls.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 08:28:50 PM »
Useless pronouncements as usual. Ouru has already lost control of the democratic state and all he can now crow about is being a dictator. All he can now look forward to is a birthday party present of 99% win in a mock elections that will put kagame's 98% to shame. The police brutality that he has engaged in will not be forgiven.

Like then, we cannot tackle the current challenge alone - that is all I read here - he is calling for international help as UhuRuto squeeze his balls.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 08:33:06 PM »
Useless pronouncements as usual. Ouru has already lost control of the democratic state and all he can now crow about is being a dictator. All he can now look forward to is a birthday party present of 99% win in a mock elections that will put kagame's 98% to shame. The police brutality that he has engaged in will not be forgiven.

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 08:42:58 PM »

Huh?

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 09:20:45 PM »

Huh?

That means the primitive animal in the idiot has finally emerged. 

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 09:58:02 PM »
I saw some jubilidiots demanding that Odinga vacate the UK and go back home.  You'd think we were standing in uthamaki-ini.  The idiots couldn't even see the irony of them demonstrating noisily in the middle of London without fear of catching a bullet or matiangas.

They need to know huku sio central Republic

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 12:31:45 AM »
Nobody thinks much about African opposition leaders while they are in the trenches. Imagine Besigye or Lowasa. People don't know them much outside their home countries - say in Kenya - how about in Europe? Only genocide can attract foreign intervention.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 07:56:21 PM »

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 08:55:11 PM »
Seeking international support is a very important step towards building a new Kenya and if that fails secession. Ouruto still think we are about elections and presidency. They can have their little crap on Ouru's birthday. 

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 06:06:16 AM »
Seeking international support is a very important step towards building a new Kenya and if that fails secession. Ouruto still think we are about elections and presidency. They can have their little crap on Ouru's birthday. 

I doubt there'll be any form of intervention unless some hundreds of skulls burst. That's a shitty pipe dream