Author Topic: Kenya Diesel SGR vs Tanzania Electric SGR  (Read 2617 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Kenya Diesel SGR vs Tanzania Electric SGR
« on: October 08, 2017, 02:41:37 PM »
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/amp/article/2001256729/tanzania-building-electric-rail-at-half-price-of-kenya-s-diesel-standard-gauge-railway-line
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
Re: Kenya Diesel SGR vs Tanzania Electric SGR
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 03:24:41 PM »
Now jubilidiots will disown the kenyan one and blame it on odinga. 

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 03:57:01 PM »
Electric??
Now thats a 21st Century train system.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 04:14:49 PM »
The looting to amass huge amounts of money for presidential elections cannot allow Kenya to develop.  Once the sham elections are held then they begin another round of stealing to amass the wealth to replace what was spent and rig the next elections. Unless Kenyans get rid of Ouruto nothing good will happen in that god forsaken country soon.

Now jubilidiots will disown the kenyan one and blame it on odinga.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 05:00:22 PM »
Kenya started at 210B so we may have to wait 30 months to appreciate how hard we was screwed
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 05:50:25 PM »
It not easy to do comparison without knowing the details? Does it this contract include rolling stocks, is it class 1(kenya) or 2(ethiopia) or 3, does it including building inland port like it's been done in nairobi, what is cost of land compensation, does this railway pass thro a TSAVO like national park that entails 28kms of work to allow animals to cross over & fencing of the entire line.

You can see similar comparison folks did btw Kenya and Ethiopia - and when you examine closely the difference are minimal.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=954002&page=144

I'd wager to say Kenya is 5-10% more expensive- that usual markup for corruption - otherwise Chinese financing this don't just lend money - they do their maths too-. That probably the cost Magufuli saved TZ if no corruption or consultancy is involved here.

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 12:02:19 AM »
Zamunda SGR is dinosaur from launch. Chinese dump their old relics to Kenya as they upgrade to bullets!!

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 12:14:51 AM »
 5-10% mark up for corruption!  Are kidding me?.  In Kenia that  is laughable. They used to do 10%  before 1982 coup. With arap mushamba back on the saddle, I am sure he would find 10% kick back a downright  insult.

It not easy to do comparison without knowing the details? Does it this contract include rolling stocks, is it class 1(kenya) or 2(ethiopia) or 3, does it including building inland port like it's been done in nairobi, what is cost of land compensation, does this railway pass thro a TSAVO like national park that entails 28kms of work to allow animals to cross over & fencing of the entire line.

You can see similar comparison folks did btw Kenya and Ethiopia - and when you examine closely the difference are minimal.

I'd wager to say Kenya is 5-10% more expensive- that usual markup for corruption - otherwise Chinese financing this don't just lend money - they do their maths too-. That probably the cost Magufuli saved TZ if no corruption or consultancy is involved here.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 07:32:42 AM »
Kenya will just need 480M to go electric - because our SGR was design to be electrical-able when we have stable power
http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/Uganda-Tanzania-to-build-electric-railway-line-/2558-3966938-398wo1z/index.html

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 09:08:55 AM »
5-10% mark up for corruption!  Are kidding me?.  In Kenia that  is laughable. They used to do 10%  before 1982 coup. With arap mushamba back on the saddle, I am sure he would find 10% kick back a downright  insult.

Funny negro  :lolz: :lolz:

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 10:41:43 AM »
Wewe wacha uwongo. Can you inform us where you got that figure?

Taxpayers will fork out nearly Sh49 billion more following fresh plans for the electrification of the standard gauge railway (SGR) line between Mombasa and Nairobi.

Transport secretary James Macharia said the 609 kilometres of railway track from Mombasa to Nairobi would be made electric in a deal reached with Uganda and Rwanda.

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/economy/SGR-electric-upgrade-to-cost-taxpayers-Sh49bn-more/3946234-3460144-119ry7hz/index.html
Kenya will just need 480M to go electric - because our SGR was design to be electrical-able when we have stable power
http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/Uganda-Tanzania-to-build-electric-railway-line-/2558-3966938-398wo1z/index.html

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 10:47:07 AM »
480M dollars. So right 49B. Which is change for our economy - maraga nonsense is costing us about that.
Wewe wacha uwongo. Can you inform us where you got that figure?

Taxpayers will fork out nearly Sh49 billion more following fresh plans for the electrification of the standard gauge railway (SGR) line between Mombasa and Nairobi.

Transport secretary James Macharia said the 609 kilometres of railway track from Mombasa to Nairobi would be made electric in a deal reached with Uganda and Rwanda.

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/economy/SGR-electric-upgrade-to-cost-taxpayers-Sh49bn-more/3946234-3460144-119ry7hz/index.html

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 11:23:23 AM »
Ok 480M US$ to electrify the SGR from Mombasa to Nairobi. Add that to the bill that is already outstanding means another 0.5B US$ to the original bill.
If that is small change to Kenya, why have the counties not got any cash 3 months after the elections?
Btw, leave CJ Maraga out of the equation as he only did his allocated job according to his conscience.

480M dollars. So right 49B. Which is change for our economy - maraga nonsense is costing us about that.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 11:26:19 AM »
First this rail line is going to pay for itself. I don't understand why people are so much into this. Kenya Railways will pay for this debt. We are only the guarantor as the public incase it doesn't turn profitable. But already the economy will benefit because this SGR will half the cost and the time btw Nairobi and Mombasa.  Chinese gave us 10 yrs grace period - imagine how much cargo we will be shunting in 2025 ?
Ok 480M US$ to electrify the SGR from Mombasa to Nairobi. Add that to the bill that is already outstanding means another 0.5B US$ to the original bill.
If that is small change to Kenya, why have the counties not got any cash 3 months after the elections?
Btw, leave CJ Maraga out of the equation as he only did his allocated job according to his conscience.