Author Topic: If the law doesn't favor me, change it...  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: If the law doesn't favor me, change it...
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2017, 06:19:09 PM »
I know you're trying to remain fair and balanced - which to me is impossible undertaking considering NASA are making unreasonable demands and wild claims- but which ones are of the proposed amendments are pure crap?
Others are pure crap
Manual transmission.

Saying hard originals are final shifts hacking from electronic to physical.

An RO can be intercepted and ordered or bribed into changing the original document after transmission. I think the risk of interference is way higher dealing with physical forms in this case as opposed to breaching VPNs and what have you

Couple manual with 5 years for not stamping or signing and you have big problems.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2017, 06:25:00 PM »
That is the debate, isn't it? You are convinced Jubilee's majority is illegitimate while am not. MPs can change laws and that is exactly their mandate. The minority needs to engage and ensure any amendments are reasonable and pass muster. For instance public participation or judicial and IEBC independence can be petitioned in court if breached. Sorry parliament is not illegitimate just because NASA cannibalized itself. If Ruto "bought" MPs :) that's a separate item. You can sue the bought individuals.

Independent about what? The moral equivalency you are trying to draw is infuriating. You cannot be independent or neutral to injustice. There is a reason why genuine democracies such as the US makes it very difficult for the majority to change the rules.  The rethuglicans have a genuine majority in all three branches of government and yet they cannot wake up one morning and change the rules to favor them.  They are having problems even changing Obamacare.  The majority you have in the Kenyan parliament is not legitimate. Other than the rigging, democracy envisioned an independent legislature.  This legislature is not independent. It is controlled by Ouru and Ruto who literally bought them. This is NOT a majority as envisioned by the concepts and principles of democracy and should not be treated as such.  Its like treating "kalongolongo" (somebody translate please) as real food.   
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2017, 06:27:54 PM »
Kichwa yawa. Your wishes are not the law  :) The SCOK decision shows our judicial independence. Petition parliament's legitimacy in court and see how fast your motion will tossed out. What you have in Kenya is psycophancy - unlike the US where McCain bulks at Trump on ObamaCare. Psycophancy is not illegitimacy.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2017, 06:58:54 PM »
I know you're trying to remain fair and balanced - which to me is impossible undertaking considering NASA are making unreasonable demands and wild claims- but which ones are of the proposed amendments are pure crap?
Others are pure crap
Manual transmission.

An RO can be intercepted and ordered or bribed into changing the original document after transmission. I think the risk of interference is way higher dealing with physical forms in this case as opposed to breaching VPNs and what have you

This is the elephant in the room.  Electronic transmission was specifically created to cure this problem.  Now, electronic transmission is reduced to color commentary.  If any form is modified on the way, it will differ with the electronic record and override it.  It also means IEBC doesn't have to explain why forms were not transmitted.  It makes it obvious that the jubilant perceives some sort of benefit from the inability to keep a lid on what's going on.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2017, 07:25:24 PM »
Others are pure crap
Manual transmission.

This is the elephant in the room.  Electronic transmission was specifically created to cure this problem.  Now, electronic transmission is reduced to color commentary.  If any form is modified on the way, it will differ with the electronic record and override it.  It also means IEBC doesn't have to explain why forms were not transmitted.  It makes it obvious that the jubilant perceives some sort of benefit from the inability to keep a lid on what's going on.

Yep, and we can only read mischief in removing the electronic transmission.  Please note that odinga has since found out that 1) only two kiems kits transmitted through the server that they l briefly looked at.

2) The rest of the kit transmitted and diverted by safcom to France. Those results have never come back.

We are dealing with very serious criminals

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2017, 07:32:38 PM »
Others are pure crap
Manual transmission.

Yep, and we can only read mischief in removing the electronic transmission.  Please note that odinga has since found out that 1) only two kiems kits transmitted through the server that they l briefly looked at.

2) The rest of the kit transmitted and diverted by safcom to France. Those results have never come back.

We are dealing with very serious criminals

Bryan,

I don't believe that.  As in IEBC - or rather people within it with the right permissions - does not need safaricom to divert its own data to wherever it wants.   But I think we are in agreement something very shady happened with whatever data was coming from the KIEMS kit - otherwise we would have seen it by now.  Given their behavior with the court order, you almost can't rule out anything, including the possibility that even the so called server access was pure bullshit(meaning they could have shared any crap from any server anywhere).
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2017, 09:13:51 PM »
vooke - this law shifts the burden of proof to the IEBC officials and not the culprits - which we know are the political parties.

There are two factors here - mistrust of NASA saboteurs and fear of intimidation/coercion by Jubilee state agents. For the first elections are done in broad daylight with media, agents & observers present. Party agents - including Jubilee's - take photos, copies, etc of the results. If they are cooked the PO or RO should simply refuse to append signature. If NASA had produced any originals to rebut the cooked forms the judges should have summoned the POs or ROs involved.

Find out why an IEBC officer did not sign a form - and punish them with that information only if culpable. Not a blanket presumption of guilt as the amendment does. Like the law of assault - which expressly exempts self-defence from fault - provide explicit protection for conscientious decisions not to sign bogus results. Of course should you find corrupt PO refused to sign the form for dubious reason - by say Jubilee agent forms showing no evidence of cooking - 5years is OK. Equally plain lack of signature or stamp should not invalidate results.

They was standing outside shouting at me

If the amendment is passed, saboteurs will do more than just soiling the form. The intimidators will have an uphill task of compromising everyone inside the station during counting
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2017, 09:35:59 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2017, 01:56:58 AM »
Kichwa
what she means by "independent" is she does not a Pundit. SHE won't support ineptitude and house clearly involved in malfeasance.
The day i see an independent judiciary is the day Kenya will be free from robbery by politicians. Some in SCOK are independent but how about the lower courts?

That is the debate, isn't it? You are convinced Jubilee's majority is illegitimate while am not. MPs can change laws and that is exactly their mandate. The minority needs to engage and ensure any amendments are reasonable and pass muster. For instance public participation or judicial and IEBC independence can be petitioned in court if breached. Sorry parliament is not illegitimate just because NASA cannibalized itself. If Ruto "bought" MPs :) that's a separate item. You can sue the bought individuals.

Independent about what? The moral equivalency you are trying to draw is infuriating. You cannot be independent or neutral to injustice. There is a reason why genuine democracies such as the US makes it very difficult for the majority to change the rules.  The rethuglicans have a genuine majority in all three branches of government and yet they cannot wake up one morning and change the rules to favor them.  They are having problems even changing Obamacare.  The majority you have in the Kenyan parliament is not legitimate. Other than the rigging, democracy envisioned an independent legislature.  This legislature is not independent. It is controlled by Ouru and Ruto who literally bought them. This is NOT a majority as envisioned by the concepts and principles of democracy and should not be treated as such.  Its like treating "kalongolongo" (somebody translate please) as real food.