Author Topic: Supreme Court of Kenya Presidential Petition Full Judgement  (Read 69648 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Supreme Court of Kenya Presidential Petition Full Judgement
« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2017, 04:47:20 PM »
I hear bees sympathetic to Maraga have attacked the rioting jubilidiots outside the court.

lol

I am trying hard not to laugh.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2017, 04:47:41 PM »
He's quoted my fav chap Mansfield QC.  He would never work for the thieving bastards...

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2017, 04:48:38 PM »
Ojwang-
Proposes Everything must revolve around ballot boxes
Yep! What I'm getting. Verification, transmission, etc dont amount to much. IEBC can just ignore them and all relevant laws.

In all fairness to IEBC, its this exact attitude by this court in 2013 giving them a blank check that probably made them so lax in discharging their duties.

I think minimising the underlying reasons why we are all hang up on transmission is ignoring the fact that all these systems were designed to completely eliminate the movement of ballot boxes until after the count.  For good reason too, considering that:

1) ballots multiplied enroute

2) ballots went missing enroute

and in this instance the disapearing forms 34s..

We have a culture of rigging our elections at different points of the process.

This is basic stuff.
Exactly. He is saying parliament's purpose in enacting electoral laws dont matter.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2017, 04:49:05 PM »
That's the definition of a brilliant judge.  Ojwang is a brilliant law professor, he is like a fish flapping its fins on land.

Lenaola was brilliant just before petition.

Doctor of laws means the man likes his books. Should have stayed at Uni punishing lazy students with long lectures and writing books.

Yep.  He should have summarized it.  Save the lectures for class.  His conservative argument is that the will of the people is what matters.  Screw the process.  Talks of counting ballots and what have you.  There is a school of people that still believes bits and bytes are not real things.

Mwilu is not as well spoken. She makes up for it with a sharp mind and pragmatism.
Yes. She knows exactly what the bottom line is in any mass of arguments/debates: clean-slicing data. What matters is not the English. Just the reasoning.  :D
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2017, 04:50:07 PM »
Orengo on Mukonmen

Commercial break
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2017, 04:51:41 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2017, 04:52:00 PM »
Ojwang-
Yep! What I'm getting. Verification, transmission, etc dont amount to much. IEBC can just ignore them and all relevant laws.

In all fairness to IEBC, its this exact attitude by this court in 2013 giving them a blank check that probably made them so lax in discharging their duties this time around.

It's a view that is predicated on what he considers "physical".  If he had been born before the invention of paper and writing, he would have rejected paper ballots in favor of ayes and nays.  I think he entirely misses the efficiency argument.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2017, 04:54:37 PM »
Njoki Ndungu has no business at the SCOK. I said this way back when she was short listed and time has shown I was right. It is one of the few things Pundit and I agree. We went against the grain to state that she was unqualified.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2017, 04:57:49 PM »
Ojwang-

In all fairness to IEBC, its this exact attitude by this court in 2013 giving them a blank check that probably made them so lax in discharging their duties this time around.

He says it is the starting point.
Integrity of elections should start with the ballot and then move to processes.
What does that mean, vooke?

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2017, 04:59:31 PM »
Njoki Ndungu has no business at the SCOK. I said this way back when she was short listed and time has shown I was right. It is one of the few things Pundit and I agree. We went against the grain to state that she was unqualified.

Shhhh Omollo, the Mortician's speech is being read.

The mafia needed a spot on the bench.  Njoki provides sufficient Uthamaki presence.  She's highly qualified by virtue of her heritage.  Acha kuuliza mengi.  Besides "Odinga will never be president of Kenya, KKV!"

lol

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2017, 04:59:49 PM »
Yeap I don't think she belong here together with Mwilu and Maraga.

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2017, 05:04:21 PM »
Ojwang-

It's a view that is predicated on what he considers "physical".  If he had been born before the invention of paper and writing, he would have rejected paper ballots in favor of ayes and nays.  I think he entirely misses the efficiency argument.
Yes. Basically, parliament enacted laws to cure certain ills but this dont matter. We will ignore that and come with our own ideas of what entails ills and how they ought to be cured. Still not telling us why the millions of votrs affected by the unsupportable forms dont affect the outcome.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2017, 05:05:35 PM »
I think Maraga and Mwilu belongs. Blame the IEBC and Jubilee lawyers and give credit to the NASA lawyers instead of focusing too much on the judges only.

Yeap I don't think she belong here together with Mwilu and Maraga.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2017, 05:10:28 PM »
Njoki and Ojwang position: We start assuming the correctness of the IEBC declaration and raise an impossible standard for rebutting that presumption.

Everyone else: We start by interrogating whether/not the declaration is actually correct. If we find we dont know, then we don't know. If we find in addition that the reason we can't know is that IEBC violated the law, then that makes it worse.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2017, 05:10:37 PM »
I am not a single-issues like you. This is nothing to do with the petition but I think SCOK we need the very best. There are many serious fundamental issues that will go to supreme court...many non-political..and I want SCOK that has the best brains possible. This magara and mwilu don't belong here...just like Njoki. Even if they rule for Jubilee 10 times...I still doubt they've the credentials to be here.
I think Maraga and Mwilu belongs. Blame the IEBC and Jubilee lawyers and give credit to the NASA lawyers instead of focusing too much on the judges only.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2017, 05:12:48 PM »
Magara fumbling around - the what? with the what?  UhuRuto first busines should be to get this monkey off the bench. He should not preside over any other serious case.He is just looping and looping again over the same issues... give us the orders.

• Enigma
« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2017, 05:13:38 PM »
Lenaola was brilliant just before petition.

Doctor of laws means the man likes his books. Should have stayed at Uni punishing lazy students with long lectures and writing books.

Yep.  He should have summarized it.  Save the lectures for class.  His conservative argument is that the will of the people is what matters.  Screw the process.  Talks of counting ballots and what have you.  There is a school of people that still believes bits and bytes are not real things.

Mwilu is not as well spoken.  She makes up for it with a sharp mind and pragmatism.
Yes. She knows exactly what the bottom line is in any mass of arguments/debates: clean-slicing data. What matters is not the English. Just the reasoning.  :D

She can process information in a way that enables her to discuss things that do not only fall in the legal domain.  I could see her easily understanding things like PGP encryption, as long as you explain it to her.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2017, 05:17:36 PM »
What on EARTH is Njoki on about. Seriously?

• Enigma
« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2017, 05:21:07 PM »

The socialites have to be heard too.

Harriet Tubman

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #179 on: September 20, 2017, 05:26:13 PM »

She's reading a speech.... looks like she was even too lazy to pre-read her own "opinion".

Nje kabisa.