Author Topic: magufuli liberating Tanzania from corporate thugs  (Read 4096 times)

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
magufuli liberating Tanzania from corporate thugs
« on: June 12, 2017, 01:12:41 PM »
www.miningne.ws/2017/06/06/just-how-much-gold-does-tanzan

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: magufuli liberating Tanzania from corporate thugs
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 01:31:32 PM »
He is scarring investors with his roadside policy decisions; I doubt we will see much FDI flowing there with his unpredictable on-man show.

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 04:27:08 PM »
He is scarring investors with his roadside policy decisions; I doubt we will see much FDI flowing there with his unpredictable on-man show.

You are always pro big business (so-called "FDI"), even when the said businesses exploit our Africans.

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 04:45:41 PM »

Magufuli's ideas are spot on.  His implementation is off.  He can achieve the same things in a more measured manner.  He can empower courts(and other institutions) for instance, instead of solving everything with edicts.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 05:48:01 PM »

Magufuli's ideas are spot on.  His implementation is off.  He can achieve the same things in a more measured manner.  He can empower courts(and other institutions) for instance, instead of solving everything with edicts.

Magufuli is doing the right thing in my opinion. Mineral cartels aren't easy to beat and its more reasonable if the president takes control and act as fugurehead sending right signal that vice is not tolerated. He also mention of well educated people who have sabotaged the system for individual gain.

Along his speach, he has instructed relevant professionals to make laws to make it hard for thieves to steal mineral resources.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 09:48:38 PM »
Corporate theft is the worst. That is why the Trumps love hit. History shows that those who prospered the most used corporations to steal. Remember Biwott???

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 04:25:10 PM »
Magufuli: Barrick ready to pay what it owes Tanzania

Dar es Salaam. President John Magufuli has met with Prof John Thornton, Chairman of Barrick Gold Canada, parent company of Acacia Mining to discuss the mineral sand saga at the State House on Wednesday.
The new development comes after Dr Magufuli received two reports on the exportation of mineral concentrates abroad for smelting. The first committee probed at the technical aspects of the concentrate and the second committee examined at the economic and legal frameworks around the export.  Both reports damned Accacia for foul play and suggested that Tanzania has lost over Sh100 trillion since it started exporting concentrates in late 1990s.

www.thecitizen.co.tz/News/Magufuli--Barrick-ready-to-pay-what-it-owes-Tanzania-/1840340-3970276-xaonelz/index.html

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 04:42:51 PM »
Institutions are the long term answer but history tells us that you also need strong and committed leaders to get them going.

www.miningne.ws/2017/06/06/just-how-much-gold-does-tanzan
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 01:07:05 PM »
Magufuli orders seizure and reallocation of undeveloped farms
http://www.nation.co.ke/business/JPM-directs-RCs-to-confiscate-undeveloped-farms/996-3969634-6wy016z/index.html

Tanzania shuts down newspaper for two years over articles on mining row
http://www.reuters.com/article/tanzania-media-idUSL8N1JC51L
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 02:03:28 PM »
Unhinged dictator create an environment of fear and instability.
http://www.nation.co.ke/business/JPM-directs-RCs-to-confiscate-undeveloped-farms/996-3969634-6wy016z/index.html

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 08:22:59 PM »
DAR ES SALAAM, July 21 (Reuters) - Tanzania's President John Magufuli has threatened to shut all gold mines in the country if mining companies delay talks to resolve a dispute over billions of dollars in back taxes the government says they owe.

Magufuli, nicknamed "the Bulldozer" for his forceful leadership style, is increasing pressure on the mining companies, which include Acacia Mining, the biggest gold miner in the country.

"I have launched an economic war," Magufuli told a cheering crowd at a public rally in the northwestern town of Kigoma.

"We have asked them to come for talks ... they have agreed to come. But if they delay those talks, I will close down all the mines," Magufuli told the crowd.

http://www.reuters.com/article/tanzania-mining-idUSL5N1KC44O

Tanzania tells foreign Acacia Mining staff to leave
Tanzania passed two laws this month forcing companies to re-negotiate their contracts as Magufuli pushes through reforms he says will distribute revenue to his people.

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/07/21/tanzania-tells-foreign-acacia-mining-staff-to-leave-source_c1601769

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 08:39:42 PM »
Stop acting as if you care about such issues.  If Ouru did the same thing you would find a way to spin it positively or even as wonderful.  You have lost credibility on such issue.  The only reason why you are obsessed with Mgufuli is because of his friendship to Raila. 

Unhinged dictator create an environment of fear and instability.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 09:43:09 AM »
Magufuli kweli. Eti how many billion dollars.

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 11:12:30 AM »
Tanzania should auction Acacia thugs assets to repay part of the stolen money.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 01:23:56 PM »
Tanzania Hands Mining Company $190 Billion Tax Bill

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-24/acacia-gets-190-billion-tax-bill-it-would-take-centuries-to-pay
A country of $47B GDP demands $190B?

The company's spin
http://www.acaciamining.com/export-ban-facts.aspx
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 01:29:30 PM »
that is what you do to fools like this? I hope UK will charge the company executives criminally. Kikwete seems to have been very inept. Pretty boy ala kalonzo but no balls to reign in corruption

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2017, 03:01:24 PM »
This is absolutely madness that will see foreign companies exiting TZ. You cannot do business in a country led by erratic dictator who doesn't have common sense. This tops up Nigeria fine to MTN of some billion dollars. Like seriously?

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 03:06:42 PM »
Is all the gold in TZ worth 190 billion USD?  I understand the need to protect TZ from exploitation.  But he should be pragmatic about what he can get from these guys.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman