Author Topic: kadame, Theistic Evolution is Incompatible with Scriptures and Christianity  (Read 22044 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
I know Catholicism to be fence-sitters, pretending to believe in the Bible but at the same time worshiping at Darwin's altar. They attempt to marry the two worldviews by claiming that evilution somewhat though apparently a product of random events was GUIDED by God's invisible hand
Basically,
Evilution= matter + chance + mutation+ selection+death+ TIME
Theistic Evilution = matter +chance+ mutation+ selection+ death+ TIME+ GOD

So a Catholic believes all an evilutionist believes but they add that God-is/was-in-control rider or that God orchestrated all those processes to achieve a desired end, and he is not yet at it since evilution is still ongoing

I will demonstrate that it is intellectual dishonesty to cling to any pretenses at Christianity while buying into Termie's beloved sci-fi that is evilution
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: kadame, Theistic Evolution is Incompatible with Scriptures and Christianity
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 08:50:28 AM »
1. Denial of Scriptures.
The author(s) of Genesis meant it to be a historical account. Proof of this is;

1. TOTAL UNANIMITY amongst Hebrew professors & scholars. Note most of these don't even believe in it, but they know too well that the narrative was meant to be a historical account

2. Before uniformitarianism & long ages of the 18th century, almost all bible scholars and teachers taught it as historical

3. The average reader of the Genesis account would arrive at the same conclusion

4. The NT writers and Jesus Christ Himself most certainly believed in the historicity of the Genesis account. You may ignore 1-3 but you can't get away with 4. I will be sharing the relevant verses to support this point

I have not mentioned the many CRITICAL Christian doctrines that rely on the Genesis account for their validity. This includes Catholicism's 'Original Sin'

The 'modern' man arrived around 1 million years ago. He never materialized out of thin air but had ancestors and relations too. First, There is no chance in heaven or hell for Adam to have walked on earth for anything earlier than 10,000 years ago. So you either take a 6000 year old literal (which you believe)  Adam OR Evilution's 1,000,000 years old 'modern' man
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 09:33:23 AM »
We cannot do this, jump back and forth. This is the same discussion. Place it in the same thread so all can enjoy reading whatever you want to discuss.

You are misrepresenting both the catholic belief and evolution to create a false impression that only your literalist interpretation makes sense of the Bible.

For 1) It is not "Catholics". Most Christians and Jews believe that evolution is compatible with Genesis, so your riding on this for your anti-Catholic animus is just silly. It is not a Catholic vs fundamentalist position as you are presenting it to be.

For 2) Modern man is at most 100, 000 years old, between 100,000 to 30,000 years is actually the correct age. That fella from 1,000,000 years ago was not a homo sapien.

For 3) Evolution does not include "chance" as you are representing it. That is the Darwinian explanation for the changes proposed in evolution, it is not an inherent part of it and so the idea that catholics accept "it" is a lie that I know you KNOW to be a lie. Evolution merely states that species can develop from other pre-existing species. The idea that this happens by chance is not part of it, just one of the explanations.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 09:50:31 AM »
Get your science fiction right and then revert
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaic_humans
Anatomically modern humans appear from about 200,000 years ago
Modern man is at most 100, 000 years old, between 100,000 to 30,000 years is actually the correct age. That fella from 1,000,000 years ago was not a homo sapien.

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 11:00:43 AM »
OK, I stand corrected. I think I was confusing "appearance" of homo sapien with "youngest common ancestor".

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 11:14:04 AM »
haki how many hadnles do you have?
What's your favorite? This is confusing, I want to stick to addressing you with one :)
OK, I stand corrected. I think I was confusing "appearance" of homo sapien with "youngest common ancestor".

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 11:15:20 AM »
Just call me kababe or kadame  :D I changed it from sunshine because I realized that is so different it will confuse most people.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 11:44:09 AM »
Theistic evolution is a contradiction in terms. Either God created the earth in six days and rested on the seventh day (Sabbath) or He didn't. The Almighty God, Giver of Life, Sovereign Judge and the Ancient of Days created the earth and all that in it is. Counting generations from Adam to the flood, to Abraham, to David, to Jesus' birth and adding 2000 we see the earth is about 6,000 years old. Evolution is incompatible with the Bible. It suggests that God was unable to create and used "forces of nature" and things like "death of the unfit and "survival of the fittest" to create things. Evolution attempts to put God out of the picture. When God is out of the picture, Satan rules. Nobody can accept the suppositions of evolution and remain an honest Christian.   
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 12:03:35 PM »
kadame it is going forward.
Why do you operate multiple handles?
Just call me kababe or kadame  :D I changed it from sunshine because I realized that is so different it will confuse most people.