Author Topic: Pundit Why Is Uhuru Going After Swazuri?  (Read 781 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Pundit Why Is Uhuru Going After Swazuri?
« on: March 30, 2017, 02:06:35 PM »
I can understand that he wants to keep the Auditor General busy so he doesn't reveal what he found out about the Eurobond. That bit is now common knowledge. However what has Swazuri done to displease him? Has he not been "helpful" in renewing leases that he should not? County Land that he requires permission from the Counties before he renews leases has been renewed - all to Jubilee kingpins.

Yet it Jubilee MPs busy violating court orders. Did they not learn anything about ignoring court orders? Wambora is safe because they did just that.

For the record I don't like that bumbling idiot. I strongly believe he is corrupt and makes whimsical decisions. But what is the problem with Jubilee? Why can't they simply follow the law? Why must everything look like the Kiambu Mafia rushing to share wild meat?

The National Assembly's Lands Committee has this morning continued considering a petition to remove National Land Commission chairman Muhammad Swazuri, despite a court order stopping it.

Committee chairman Alex Mwiru said the orders obtained by Prof Swazuri are yet to be served on the Speaker of the National Assembly through the Clerk, Michael Sialai.

RUMOURS

"Until such a time as I am served or directed by the Speaker, I will continue executing the mandate of the committee. That is unless I am directed otherwise. By chairing the committee, I am not in contravention of any law," said Mr Mwiru.

He said he had only heard of the order through rumours and in the Press.

Ndegwa Njiru, petitioner Mugo Njeru's lawyer, said he had been called by Prof Swazuri's lawyer, Prof Tom Ojienda, and told about the order but had also not seen it.

NLC Chief Executive Tom Chavangi, who is meeting the committee, said the order had been served on him, and was hesitant to testify.

But Mr Mwiru ruled, upon scrutiny of a copy of the order, that Mr Chavangi could testify as he was not constrained by the order because it was not addressed to him. Alex Mwiru reacted with fury to the issuing of the order, with Kieni MP Kanini Kega taking it as an affront to the committee.

Prof Swazuri was later declared a hostile witness when he refused to hand over documents that he said he had in his possession and had been asked to bring in the afternoon.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread