Author Topic: SAD: This Negro is divorcing  (Read 21150 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
SAD: This Negro is divorcing
« on: September 16, 2014, 07:26:48 AM »

I looked up to this negro, he is a negro mighty in scriptures, his ministry was an enviable model. I have read his books and monthly devotional- Rhapsody of Realities for years. He has kept above negro evangelical BS. And then this
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/adultery-not-anita-oyakhilome-s-ground-for-divorce-court-papers-show/188414/
The wife will say that they have lived separately for 16 years and over this time have drifted apart. The wife has come to realise that the husband will only visit the UK for annual church programmes that he holds rather than to be with this wife. The wife feels that he has been unavailable as a father to their children during their developing years.

SOME OF HIS WORK
http://webstore.pastorchrisdigitallibrary.org/home.php
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
Re: SAD: This Negro is divorcing
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 08:57:26 AM »
This negro is just a Benny Hinn wannabe, down to the white suits and style of service, even the 'testimonials'.

Don't see what is worse about negro evangelicals than white ones. It was white ones that created the prosperity myth and spread it round the world with their media. Paul &Jen Crouch of TBN are as white as they come and all their litany of friends, mostly white, spew the same properity stuff 247. Negroes have just borrowed it. :D Funny thing is that it started at the same time as a similar wave was making its way round secular humanist/New ageist circles about "thinking and manifesting" your desires. With the TV evangelicals its "name it and claim it", the same concept in different languages.

The only TV evangelicals worth listening to are Joyce Meyer and Joel Osteen, IMHO. However, while I enjoy listening to him almost all the time, I think Osteen is a bit of a people-pleaser and I don't like that the only time he mentions Jesus in his sermons is the last minute when he is giving the "altar call". I also love his wife and like it when he gives her the podium, she could give both him and Joyce a run for their money methinks. :D Joyce is close to perfect in the way she goes about her thing :D and Jesus is at the centre of her teaching most of the time. In Kenya, Pastor Kariuki from Nakuru is ok. Mathew Ashimolowa of winning ways isn't bad either, he has a bit of the prosperity thing but its tastefully done and responsibility is taught, its not outright greed like the others. I always enjoy his sermon.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 10:10:01 AM »
Kababe, good to see you. There's much to say, but my comments will be brief. I do not know this man. In fact, I haven't even watched his videos Vooke has posted. Just wondering, will he stick to the ministry after the divorce? Methinks he shouldn't - he no longer qualifies as per I Tim 3 and Titus 1. But again, the problem seems to be the man's lack of time for his family. Thankfully the wife has ruled out adultery (we can't speculate although there seems to be a hint in the papers).
I agree entirely about the prosperity gospel. I used to listen to Joel Osteen a lot, and Joyce Meyer too. Not any more. Both not only preach the prosperity gospel but live it. I still like Joel Osteen's Texas accent, but his gospel has a trajectory that lines up more with prosperity than Jesus' power to love, pursue, rebuke, correct and save sinners, of whom I am one.

Vooke, as a minister of the gospel, I pray that this becomes a lesson for us not to forsake our families. We can do all that and preach to the whole world, but if we lose our families in the process, I'm afraid Christ will say, "Away from Me; I never knew you."
Can a divorce suit be withdrawn at this stage? When does a marriage break down irretrievably?
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 10:41:43 AM »
Kababe, good to see you. There's much to say, but my comments will be brief. I do not know this man. In fact, I haven't even watched his videos Vooke has posted. Just wondering, will he stick to the ministry after the divorce? Methinks he shouldn't - he no longer qualifies as per I Tim 3 and Titus 1. But again, the problem seems to be the man's lack of time for his family. Thankfully the wife has ruled out adultery (we can't speculate although there seems to be a hint in the papers).
I agree entirely about the prosperity gospel. I used to listen to Joel Osteen a lot, and Joyce Meyer too. Not any more. Both not only preach the prosperity gospel but live it. I still like Joel Osteen's Texas accent, but his gospel has a trajectory that lines up more with prosperity than Jesus' power to love, pursue, rebuke, correct and save sinners, of whom I am one.

Vooke, as a minister of the gospel, I pray that this becomes a lesson for us not to forsake our families. We can do all that and preach to the whole world, but if we lose our families in the process, I'm afraid Christ will say, "Away from Me; I never knew you."
Can a divorce suit be withdrawn at this stage? When does a marriage break down irretrievably?
Are you asking about the divorce from a Christian perspective or legal perspective? Different jurisdictions have different rules; in Kenya you have to do it through a petition and it can be a lengthy process, deliberately made so, especially if one of the parties is unwilling. The law was recently changed so you'd have to look through the new marriage act, 2014 for dtails. In general though, a petitioner must usually prove a matrimonial offence like adultery or dissertion before the court can grant the divorce decree. In other jurisdictions in the west it is much easier and consent of the parties alone may be enough.

From a Christian perspective, as usual there will be a difference across the four main chrstian branches. For Catholics and oriental orthodox, a valid Christian (that is, sacramental) marriage--between two baptized persons--that has been consummated, can only "break down" at the death of one of the spouses. The church can issue a decree of nullity if there was something wrong with the marriage itself from the beginning, so that the couple can remarry, but if it was valid from the get go, it ends only at death. Eastern Orthodox permit divorce and remarriage only up to 2 times, I think, but no more. Protestants are very varied. Some recognize divorce and remarriage only in cases of adultery, others will recognize remarriage despite the reason for the divorce. I guess you'd have to inquire at the particular church.