Author Topic: Mars Lander Spotted  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Mars Lander Spotted
« on: October 25, 2016, 12:30:30 AM »
I was thoroughly pissed off when this Schiaparelli lander failed.  I thought it the more the reason that space-programs NASA, ROSCOSMOS, ESA - but especially NASA and ESA(both are western) should put all their money in one basket, as in do joint missions.  It will cut down costs and spread the risk for more daring missions in the future. 

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-mars-probe-20161021-snap-story.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Re: Mars Lander Spotted
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 01:08:31 AM »
You should connect this to the various AI threads, because in some quarters there has long been the view that Planet Earth is inevitably doomed and that the smart people will (or should) inevitably have plans to immigrate.   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 01:15:43 AM »
You should connect this to the various AI threads, because in some quarters there has long been the view that Planet Earth is inevitably doomed and that the smart people will (or should) inevitably have plans to immigrate.   

That's interesting.  Coz I would have thought a little differently.  We start off by sending the marketing types to Mars, closely followed by other bureaucrats. Throw in convicted felons and prison wardens.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 01:38:09 AM »
That's interesting.  Coz I would have thought a little differently.  We start off by sending the marketing types to Mars, closely followed by other bureaucrats. Throw in convicted felons and prison wardens.

No, no, no.   We've tried marketing types with the Moon--for years and years--and it's largely been a disappointment for serious people.   But the real estate is still relatively cheap; and, if you are so minded, you can, for example, buy a "10 acre VIP plot" here: https://www.moonestates.com/  For top-end lunar real estate, you probably want to look into the "Bay of Rainbows", "Lake of Dreams",  "Sea of Tranquility" ... here: http://www.lunarregistry.com/moon-land/index.php  ("Nominal" fee covers expedited handling and shipping of your title deed.) The names suggest what escaping Earthians might be looking for ...  Etc. Etc. Etc.  But! 

These moon types don't offer certain basics  that many of us would want---roads, schools, water, sewerage treatment, grass, oxygen, etc.   They simply sell you the land and leave you on your own.  That's a joke for serious people. Mars is where the real action is headed.

There are, of course, marketing types selling land on Mars---e.g. the Lunar Embassy ($24.99 per acre, shipping and handling of title deed included, extra for DHL or FedEx) http://www.lunarembassy.com/#!prettyPhoto and it could well be the case that they are, as they claim, "the only recognized world authority for the sale of lunar and other planetary real estate in the known solar system. Please be advised that any others are copy cat companies without authority, soliciting your money for unauthorized products", but they fail in the basics---roads, schools, water, sewerage treatment, grass, oxygen, etc. 

As for starting with convicts, it suffices to look at Australia: all one ends up with is a bunch of Australians.  That---Australianization---would not bode well for the species Homo Sapiens.   

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 02:42:51 AM »

No, no, no.   We've tried marketing types with the Moon--for years and years--and it's largely been a disappointment for serious people.   But the real estate is still relatively cheap; and, if you are so minded, you can, for example, buy a "10 acre VIP plot" here: https://www.moonestates.com/  For top-end lunar real estate, you probably want to look into the "Bay of Rainbows", "Lake of Dreams",  "Sea of Tranquility" ... here: http://www.lunarregistry.com/moon-land/index.php  ("Nominal" fee covers expedited handling and shipping of your title deed.) The names suggest what escaping Earthians might be looking for ...  Etc. Etc. Etc.  But! 

These moon types don't offer certain basics  that many of us would want---roads, schools, water, sewerage treatment, grass, oxygen, etc.   They simply sell you the land and leave you on your own.  That's a joke for serious people. Mars is where the real action is headed.

There are, of course, marketing types selling land on Mars---e.g. the Lunar Embassy ($24.99 per acre, shipping and handling of title deed included, extra for DHL or FedEx) http://www.lunarembassy.com/#!prettyPhoto and it could well be the case that they are, as they claim, "the only recognized world authority for the sale of lunar and other planetary real estate in the known solar system. Please be advised that any others are copy cat companies without authority, soliciting your money for unauthorized products", but they fail in the basics---roads, schools, water, sewerage treatment, grass, oxygen, etc. 

As for starting with convicts, it suffices to look at Australia: all one ends up with is a bunch of Australians.  That---Australianization---would not bode well for the species Homo Sapiens.   

That's hilarious crap.  Still not too far fetched in another lifetime or two given the things the Elon Musks of this world are doing.

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 03:17:35 AM »
That's hilarious crap.  Still not too far fetched in another lifetime or two given the things the Elon Musks of this world are doing.

See, right there is what Forward Thinkers would consider a "poor attitude".   And a disappointment coming from someone who lives in America:  replace "go West, young man" with "go into outer space ...".   I don't know about other planets, but Moon-land sales have been going on for so long that people now must be doing Kenyan "ka-plot" divide-and-flip.    People are getting rich, living the American Dream from flipping lunar land and planning for the future, and here you are---Earth-bound  type worrying about Kamwana, and Ngavana Sweetie, and RV Pundit and  ... Some plan for getting ahead!