Author Topic: Wamalwa as Nairobi governor getting some traction.  (Read 2638 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Wamalwa as Nairobi governor getting some traction.
« on: August 15, 2016, 05:52:58 PM »
Sonko and Waweru better read the tea leaves.
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/08/15/wamalwa-wanjiru-plot-merger-for-nairobi-governor-race_c1403647

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Wamalwa as Nairobi governor getting some traction.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 06:20:31 PM »
I put his chances on par with Miguna Miguna's.  He would have fared better in Trans Nzoia.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 07:33:09 AM »
Somehow a political reject in western will fare better in Nairobi.  All these political gymnastics for uhuru to get luhya votes in Nairobi.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 09:18:45 AM »
All he need is Uhuru's nod and I think that will come. GEMA knows they cannot win this alone. They need one of big Nairobi tribe (kamba,Luhya and Luos) - or well get all the smaller tribes (Gusii, Somalis and others). Sonko could win this...but clearly he is another Trump...and would make the city a big huge mess.
I put his chances on par with Miguna Miguna's.  He would have fared better in Trans Nzoia.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 09:28:31 AM »
Does Wamalwa command the Luhya vote in Nairobi? This is the question one should ask themselves before nominating this guy for that seat.
Pundit, you forget Luhyas have sent two vice presidents home. They could nt even win a parliamentary seat in their home ground. :D :D :D

All he need is Uhuru's nod and I think that will come. GEMA knows they cannot win this alone. They need one of big Nairobi tribe (kamba,Luhya and Luos) - or well get all the smaller tribes (Gusii, Somalis and others). Sonko could win this...but clearly he is another Trump...and would make the city a big huge mess.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 09:59:52 AM »
Interesting -Luhya has a way of politically self-destructing and despite being no 2 (maybe even no 1 now) demographic wise- their political punch is underwhelming. Wamalwa has his job cut out for him. I think most Luhyas have issues with Kidero - after he bankrupted Mumias - and that is an opportunity Wamalwa has to seize. He doesn't need a whole lot of luhyas - if he can get Jubilee ticket.

I think many Nairobians (esp Middle class) are looking for an option to Kidero - and clearly Sonko & Glory Lady Wanjiru - are not the option. I like Wamalwa and I think he just need to work his arse for the first time and nick this.

Does Wamalwa command the Luhya vote in Nairobi? This is the question one should ask themselves before nominating this guy for that seat.
Pundit, you forget Luhyas have sent two vice presidents home. They could nt even win a parliamentary seat in their home ground. :D :D :D

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 11:53:04 AM »
Kidero left Mumias with the account books looking good. What happened after he left has to be answered by his succersors.
What I can tell you is you are day dreaming if you think Wamalwa can sway even 500 votes for Jubilee in Nairobi. The guy cannot even dare address a meeting in Kakamega.
As for working his ass iff for the first time in his life, I doubt it as he has a already the chance now as CS of Water, but what do we see only the guy campaigning for the next seat.

Interesting -Luhya has a way of politically self-destructing and despite being no 2 (maybe even no 1 now) demographic wise- their political punch is underwhelming. Wamalwa has his job cut out for him. I think most Luhyas have issues with Kidero - after he bankrupted Mumias - and that is an opportunity Wamalwa has to seize. He doesn't need a whole lot of luhyas - if he can get Jubilee ticket.

I think many Nairobians (esp Middle class) are looking for an option to Kidero - and clearly Sonko & Glory Lady Wanjiru - are not the option. I like Wamalwa and I think he just need to work his arse for the first time and nick this.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 12:00:54 PM »
Let see how it pans out. He has UhuRuto confidence. That is a lot to start with.
Kidero left Mumias with the account books looking good. What happened after he left has to be answered by his succersors.
What I can tell you is you are day dreaming if you think Wamalwa can sway even 500 votes for Jubilee in Nairobi. The guy cannot even dare address a meeting in Kakamega.
As for working his ass iff for the first time in his life, I doubt it as he has a already the chance now as CS of Water, but what do we see only the guy campaigning for the next seat.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 06:24:48 PM »

In 2016, the Luhya are not unpredictable.  They will go where Raila goes.  That is a fact that may simply be going over the jubilant strategist's head because Raila is not Luhya.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 10:34:14 PM »
And we should believe you because you've polled every Luhya and come up with this "fact". This is beyond ridiculous. More than 70% of Luhya MPS are opposed to Raila, you have 3 out of 4 Luhya governors not supporting Raila-- but you've determine that Raila who barely got 50% of Luhya vote in 2013 will now sweep it all - when his support there is probably at it's lowest?  Those Mps & governors are folks at the ground and keen to be re-elected - and the average Luhya was pro-Raila - they won't be opposing him to the extend of joining Jubilee.

Infact except for Oparanya - there doesn't seem to be any Luhya who support Raila directly - they are either "supporting" him through Ford -K or are in Amani or in Jubilee.

But let ignore all those facts and accept you undisputed knowledge of the luhya politics.

In 2016, the Luhya are not unpredictable.  They will go where Raila goes.  That is a fact that may simply be going over the jubilant strategist's head because Raila is not Luhya.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 12:28:16 AM »
Wamalawa is a better governor material than Wanjiru or Sonko. The Jubilee working class lot who prefered Kidero over Waititu will have no issue with him. Diehard Kikuyus are in Jubilee corner already. Luhyas and Kambas remain the swing vote. Besides he will be a good UhuRuto puppet. One thing I don't see in him is Mutua's traits. He is an underperformer with nothing to show for his public service as MP then Justice and now Water minister.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 07:50:20 AM »
The only person who can persuade me to wake up and lineup to vote for them is one Mr. Gakuo former town clerk. Sonko if he runs unfortunately he'll win. Last election he was the third most voted for candidate after, uhuru and raila. He had more votes than mudavadi, kidero. He really resonates with the poor nairobians who are the majority. The only solution is team him up with someone serious or be prevailed on not to run.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 08:17:25 AM »
Poor Wamalwa is going nowhere not in nairobi maybe in gatundu. Gemans will vote for waititu or Jimnah before taking a second look at Wamalwa.  2017 Gema voting robots will revolt.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2016, 09:32:47 AM »
Yeah - Gakuo is the guy we need. Kidero is big disappointment I won't be suprised if Sonko will not be elected. Kidero has totally messed it up for the "corporate" types. Unfortunately Gakuo doesn't seem to be a political animal. I also agree with Robina...that Eugene though likeable..has really poor track record of getting stuff done. But he has UhuRuto support & confidence and that make him very strong.

The only person who can persuade me to wake up and lineup to vote for them is one Mr. Gakuo former town clerk. Sonko if he runs unfortunately he'll win. Last election he was the third most voted for candidate after, uhuru and raila. He had more votes than mudavadi, kidero. He really resonates with the poor nairobians who are the majority. The only solution is team him up with someone serious or be prevailed on not to run.