Author Topic: Bastille day attack: what we know so far  (Read 1586 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Bastille day attack: what we know so far
« on: July 15, 2016, 12:34:49 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/15/bastille-day-truck-attack-what-we-know-so-farNo group has claimed responsibility for the attack.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/15/bastille-day-truck-attack-what-we-know-so-far

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Bastille day attack: what we know so far
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 12:54:39 PM »
Look like Europe have a serious problem. The only happy person must be Trump.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 01:14:09 PM »
and Britain. Odd the vehicle had fake guns and grenades.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 04:24:31 PM »
Gruesome video I saw.  Allah told him, in 2016 no less, that if he does that, 72 virgins are his for the taking.

50 years from now.  Historians will look back and agree that this period was some sort of mini world war. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 05:17:21 PM »
Its not only Europe, the whole world is a stage for extremism. USA has Donald Trump, while Britain has Boris etc, African has Al Shabbab, Al whatever, ISIS.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 05:19:55 PM »
At some point there will be need to solve our human problems in a civilized way. As one who has seen multiple humanitarian disasters, I would always propose talks. I think the West should hold talks with these fundamentalists and come to some understanding. The talks can be secret if faces would be damaged. But we are now doing 15 years since 911 and no respite in sight. The drones are killing and nurturing revenge and such attacks are building up more hate and giving rise to Brexit and Trump. I would not be surprised if Le Pen is the next President of France.

Gruesome video I saw.  Allah told him, in 2016 no less, that if he does that, 72 virgins are his for the taking.

50 years from now.  Historians will look back and agree that this period was some sort of mini world war.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 10:43:13 AM »
Not sure if it's that simple. There's obviously the criminal types I blame mental health professionals, teachers, educators, social welfare workers etc. for not caring about society enough. Then there's actual terrorists linked with ISIS but those types are either forced to do things or their family will be killed or trained soldiers under the guise of hypnotherapy/drug induced.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 10:54:40 AM »
Not sure if it's that simple. There's obviously the criminal types I blame mental health professionals, teachers, educators, social welfare workers etc. for not caring about society enough. Then there's actual terrorists linked with ISIS but those types are either forced to do things or their family will be killed or trained soldiers under the guise of hypnotherapy/drug induced.

Or maybe, you know, they think God told them it's a good idea.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 04:53:03 PM »
....from hypnotherapy (mind-washed) / drug-induced. To get people to believe in God these days, let a lone martyr themselves for God doesn't hold statistically. From a cultural and religious viewpoint, such spiritual gifts are inherited. Like a royal bloodline and not conventionally endowed on some random Joe. Historically, martyrs were murdered, they didn't go into the battlefield alone to be killed or kill themselves. Suicide is an honor code written in some cultures for penance. Like to absolve a guilty conscience. It's not justified by religion or God.

The likelihood of an extremist being an outlier are much more unlikely than a cohort subject to an intervention. For instance, the likelihood of a suicide bomber having priors, a network and a support system, under some warfare program is more likely than some random outlier coming out of nowhere because God told them it's a good idea. If indeed they truly thought it was God, God has His interventions.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 07:26:08 PM »
....from hypnotherapy (mind-washed) / drug-induced. To get people to believe in God these days, let a lone martyr themselves for God doesn't hold statistically. From a cultural and religious viewpoint, such spiritual gifts are inherited. Like a royal bloodline and not conventionally endowed on some random Joe. Historically, martyrs were murdered, they didn't go into the battlefield alone to be killed or kill themselves. Suicide is an honor code written in some cultures for penance. Like to absolve a guilty conscience. It's not justified by religion or God.

The likelihood of an extremist being an outlier are much more unlikely than a cohort subject to an intervention. For instance, the likelihood of a suicide bomber having priors, a network and a support system, under some warfare program is more likely than some random outlier coming out of nowhere because God told them it's a good idea. If indeed they truly thought it was God, God has His interventions.

This is a very complicated analysis.  But I bet that guy has been consuming too much ISIS propaganda.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman