Author Topic: The Cost of Kenya Secondary Schools Head-teacher’s Association on Parents  (Read 970 times)

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
If Matiangi is serious let him reign in this wasteful association.

It is the Principals' association not that of their schools. So why do schools have to foot the bill? Let principals take money from their own pockets and fly to Mombasa with their mistresses and hookers every year. One principal I know spends 1 million each year on this conference. He also commits the school funds for various projects and schemes launched at this conference.

The trick used universally for public schools is to call a mini Board Meeting to approve the expenditure. Since each Board member will get at least 5000 (Sitting Allowance) for sitting for three minutes and refunded transport costs at the same level (5000 for those who walked etc), they would not risk their membership to this mini board by being obstructionist.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
I am told some of them commandeer the school bus all the way to Mombasa...then comes up with shopping stacked up...sofas and furnitures.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
And this is not corruption???

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
It would be wrong to call it just corruption. No corruption is too mild. It is something more than plunder. May be pillage and depredation. I have not figured out the right term for this.

Then they return find the school broke and send off all the poor students to bring more money. They get overdrafts in banks and from businessmen and sharks. These are not schools.These are fiefdoms in the feudal sense.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
I hear your anger. Sad few people besides Pundit, Terminator, etc care to comment anymore. Soon all our relatives will be on their knees begging for money to send kids to school.

It would be wrong to call it just corruption. No corruption is too mild. It is something more than plunder. May be pillage and depredation. I have not figured out the right term for this.

Then they return find the school broke and send off all the poor students to bring more money. They get overdrafts in banks and from businessmen and sharks. These are not schools.These are fiefdoms in the feudal sense.