Author Topic: Mutahi Ngunyi's Rapid Rise  (Read 2224 times)

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Mutahi Ngunyi's Rapid Rise
« on: April 13, 2016, 02:31:45 AM »
I've noted references here, the Kenyan media (e.g. Koinange's show), etc. and consider Kenya to be a good place for rapid rising.

About three years ago, he was just "Mr. Ngunyi".    Not long after the elections and with some more media appearances, he suddenly became "Dr. Ngunyi".    Late last year, he became "Prof. Ngunyi".   And all that on the basis of just three .ppt slides.

How far can this guy go?
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Mutahi Ngunyi's Rapid Rise
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 03:12:18 AM »
It comes down to public/viewer ratings. Ngunyi's narrative is [taken as] objective because he passed the test last election. While Miguna, Makau Mutua and other pundits came up short.

David Ndii is another whose doom prophecy of Jubilee rot has purned out. The slight difference is we have had enough corruption in Kenya to not be so taken by his brilliance. We knew a scandal or two are imminent, only the scale of the malfeasance is news.

Let Ngunyi milk his cow while it lasts. Once the hoi polloi acclamatize to the political power of tribalism and shed the Ipsos opinion poll blinkers, we will move on to more useful punditries.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 03:29:42 AM »
His latest insight is that we should institutionalize corruption.  We are just thieves.  We cannot run away from our calling.  Something like that. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 04:12:09 AM »
Let Ngunyi milk his cow while it lasts.

Even if it's costing the public good money, e.g. Sh. 40 million for his NYS "Five-Point Plan"?
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 04:54:35 AM »
It is Ngunyi's 5 minutes of fame. Our media is faithful to their market. The idea that one who predicts a downtrodden company like KQ is going down or that a tribal coalition is heading to victory is an oracle -- this is well with our mediocre fourth estate and gullible mass.

In the west I guess the standards are higher but hardly distinct. Trump is able to whip up the "winning" and "greatness" card only with some fair business track record. Excuse the analogy. It takes smarter scheming out there than here to win following and recognition.

Leaders and opinion shapers in Kenya need bigHYPERBOLE-fewIDEAS mix to hit the limelight. Evans Monga're, Kindiki, Khan QC are gone with ICC cloud.

Intellectual discourse like Bitange Ndemo stories is less palatable. Ndii is good in hype like Eurobond. Recall his acrimonious tit-a-tit with Ndemo on development. Ndii was just in for the sensational. He must envy Ngunyi's ratings and the attendant cheese.

Stolen cow..? The milk is fresh.

Let Ngunyi milk his cow while it lasts.

Even if it's costing the public good money, e.g. Sh. 40 million for his NYS "Five-Point Plan"?
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 05:52:43 PM »
Did any one notice in the interview he admitted to have been at Anne Waiguru's house on several occasions? When the NYS scandal blew out on Waiguru's face he denied having met her and claimed only to have communicated with her via email.
They say lies have short legs.