Author Topic: Ndii is preparing people for genocide  (Read 4655 times)

Offline Higgins the genius

• VIP
  • Superstar
Ndii is preparing people for genocide
« on: March 26, 2016, 10:47:02 AM »
When we are busy calling Kenya a great Republic, the Daily Nation has the audacity to publish such a despicable article calling for the break up of the Republic. David Ndii has flouted the National value of Cohesion and must be called to account. There must be limits to such wanton use of freedom of speech

http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/Kenya-is-a-cruel-marriage--it-s-time-we-talk-divorce/-/440808/3134132/-/yrd7n0/-/index.html
On a side note, could we amend the Constitution to allow Assistant Presidents? Like Raila for Luoland, Nkaissery for maaland, Joho for the Coast, Mudavadi for the Luhya Land, Nanok for the North and Duale for North Eastern.  Their job would be to oversight the coordination between the Executive functions of the National and County Governments.

*Blaming the wild ideas on the mushrooms I had with my pizza for breakfast. Have a healthy day today

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Ndii is preparing people for genocide
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 04:31:08 PM »
When we are busy calling Kenya a great Republic, the Daily Nation has the audacity to publish such a despicable article calling for the break up of the Republic. David Ndii has flouted the National value of Cohesion and must be called to account. There must be limits to such wanton use of freedom of speech

http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/Kenya-is-a-cruel-marriage--it-s-time-we-talk-divorce/-/440808/3134132/-/yrd7n0/-/index.html
On a side note, could we amend the Constitution to allow Assistant Presidents? Like Raila for Luoland, Nkaissery for maaland, Joho for the Coast, Mudavadi for the Luhya Land, Nanok for the North and Duale for North Eastern.  Their job would be to oversight the coordination between the Executive functions of the National and County Governments.

*Blaming the wild ideas on the mushrooms I had with my pizza for breakfast. Have a healthy day today

No. Ndii is stating it as it is, from our collective tribal point of view. We're the ones living in a mirage, pretending everything is honky dory when it definitely ain't. Our so-called leaders all surround themselves in a tribal cocoon but we only perceive the "enemy's" kitchen cabinet. We happily and foolishly follow in their footsteps, believing if only our "(wo)man" were in charge, everything would be just so much better.

Assistant presidents? That would be just a glorified super-governor adding yet another layer of government and where have our current governors taken us? Down the same well-trodden path. When not stealing and using tribal affiliation as a cover, which wanainchi willingly fall for time and time again, they're busy clamoring for more cash from the central government. Really not feasible, unless your tribe is PORK, so goes the thinking.

Interestingly enough, the 2010 constitution was the final can opener. Worms everywhere.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 05:58:42 PM »
Secession is an option, but I am doubtful if it's viable for most, with the possible exception of the coast.  What Kenya needs is a full-on Federal system.  Along the lines of the US or German model.  This won't solve much of the current problems, as we know that devolution has only devolved some of the problems.  But it would remove or ease ethnic tensions from the equation.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 06:01:14 PM »
raila sold luos for a plate of mosel by allowing kikuyus to railroad him in 2007

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 06:03:51 PM »
completely agree. Ndii idea is laughable...what will 8 VPS be able to do...with a powerful pork. We need a federal systems that give more and more power to counties.
Secession is an option, but I am doubtful if it's viable for most, with the possible exception of the coast.  What Kenya needs is a full-on Federal system.  Along the lines of the US or German model.  This won't solve much of the current problems, as we know that devolution has only devolved some of the problems.  But it would remove or ease ethnic tensions from the equation.

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 06:45:01 PM »
completely agree. Ndii idea is laughable...what will 8 VPS be able to do...with a powerful pork. We need a federal systems that give more and more power to counties.
It's shocking coming from a guy with his academic credentials. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 08:28:48 PM »
He has lost nut during the eurobond "scandal" and the Nation need to cut him off. We already have 47 counties that mirrors our 42 tribes..save for a few here and there..and we need to move slowly towards having 47 federal states..with national gov only involved in military, foreign affairs and inter-counties issues.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 12:05:42 PM »
Ndii article is a provocation for Kenans to move their minds and not just sit pretty and let destiny take its course.
I also do not agree with him on the multiple VPs but say let us go full devolution with the first step of dismantling the regional adminstration that runs parallel functions to the counties.

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 04:45:21 PM »
At the county level clan-ism will kick in full force. Folks will begin cannibalizing each other based on which clan they come from. There is no end to Kenya's road to self destruction.

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 07:15:22 PM »
He has lost nut during the eurobond "scandal" and the Nation need to cut him off. We already have 47 counties that mirrors our 42 tribes..save for a few here and there..and we need to move slowly towards having 47 federal states..with national gov only involved in military, foreign affairs and inter-counties issues.

I couldn't find fault with the man's analysis on Eurobond.  Let's wait for the auditor-general's inordinately delayed report and see what direction that takes us.  In any case if we were robbed, what can we do?  DPP might order investigations.  EACC might grill a person or two.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 07:53:10 AM »
Indeed lets us wait. So far I have not seen any evidence of the scandal. Dr Ndii has clearly lost it and the Nation need to cut him loose.
I couldn't find fault with the man's analysis on Eurobond.  Let's wait for the auditor-general's inordinately delayed report and see what direction that takes us.  In any case if we were robbed, what can we do?  DPP might order investigations.  EACC might grill a person or two.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Offline yulemsee

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 10:21:20 AM »
Indeed lets us wait. So far I have not seen any evidence of the scandal. Dr Ndii has clearly lost it and the Nation need to cut him loose.
He has taken the hatchet man job from Makau Mutua this election season, Sometime in 2018 he will have space in the back pages of the star/standard

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 10:26:08 AM »
It puzzling to see him reduce himself to a joker. Perhaps he is a paid hack? I doubt the Nation will keep him that long.
He has taken the hatchet man job from Makau Mutua this election season, Sometime in 2018 he will have space in the back pages of the star/standard

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 01:15:58 PM »
I feel Ndii is just calling for stronger devolution albeit his funny analysis. People who surround themselves with their 'sycophants' in any sphere are likely to lose it. Have found that most big people- politicians, media, NGO dons, consultants, pastors, drug barons and all- surround themselves with yes people which is good as long as influence/money flow but will likely make very idiotic choices as they are shielded from reality. I can bet Nddi's circle comprise of people who live and think some Nairobi leafy suburbs are Geneva.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2016, 04:23:06 PM »
I feel Ndii is just calling for stronger devolution albeit his funny analysis. People who surround themselves with their 'sycophants' in any sphere are likely to lose it. Have found that most big people- politicians, media, NGO dons, consultants, pastors, drug barons and all- surround themselves with yes people which is good as long as influence/money flow but will likely make very idiotic choices as they are shielded from reality. I can bet Nddi's circle comprise of people who live and think some Nairobi leafy suburbs are Geneva.
Possibly.  Maybe he is just being provocative.

While tribalism is a real time bomb, it's not in the way that he seems to think.  In fact the ruling tribes benefit only in a vicarious way.  Their leaders get to eat on their behalf.  The rank and file suffer the consequences like everyone else; but they also bear the brunt of resentment and the dangers that come with it. 

Ndii misdiagnoses the problem as ethnic intolerance, rather than the hijacking of ethnicity by elites for purposes of eating.  Ethnic intolerance is a symptom of that problem.  If Kenya devolves enough, they can get to a point where this type of division can not be relied upon to further the interests of the thieving class.  One doesn't need to break up the country into useless entities.

Not too long ago, we may recall allegations to the effect that Raila was fine with Caroli Omondi, making money and benefiting from the proceeds of corruption.  Why can't a Luo make money?, he allegedly asks, as Caroli mutates into Donald Trump within the span of a few months.  It is debatable if Luos really benefit from that.

Harriet Tubman