Author Topic: Banning Mwanabiashara was purely partisan  (Read 36070 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: Banning Mwanabiashara was purely partisan
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2014, 04:33:31 PM »
I am not accusing you of provoking mwanabiashara, i happen to know he's a tribalist with a lot of matusi in his back-pack. That wasnt my meaning. What I meant was that you BOTH exchanged words. Veritas should therefore have not interfered. The reference I am making about a provocative Swahili slur is simply something that occurs to me after this whole saga may be likely to happen if veritas warns people in private instead of in public.
Rather hard to accept considering I am the one who released on him in Swahili ONLY after he provoked me. So you are basically saying if Veritas had read Swahili and understood me, then she should have been more understanding of Mrs. Mwanabiashara.

There is nothing like somebody provoking a fight in the school yard then have his tribeswomen say BOTH did it. The beneficiary in such as case is the bully who started it. I don't buy your explanation and in fact consider the whole of it tribal subterfuge.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2014, 04:33:46 PM »
As far as I know, this site is for grown ups, not juveniles who wear pants all the way to their knees.

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2014, 04:40:08 PM »
I am not accusing you of provoking mwanabiashara, i happen to know he's a tribalist with a lot of matusi in his back-pack. That wasnt my meaning. What I meant was that you BOTH exchanged words. Veritas should therefore have not interfered. The reference I am making about a provocative Swahili slur is simply something that occurs to me after this whole saga may be likely to happen if veritas warns people in private instead of in public.
Rather hard to accept considering I am the one who released on him in Swahili ONLY after he provoked me. So you are basically saying if Veritas had read Swahili and understood me, then she should have been more understanding of Mrs. Mwanabiashara.
Yes, I think she would've because regardless of who starts a fight, eventually if slurs are exchanged, as a mod must be fair and warn both, with particular emphasis on the provacateur. Otherwise, if both say things that re not according to "decorum", then it LOOKS like one gets the ultimate boot without an explanation, it looks partisan, even if it is not. Hence, such things should be aired out publicly.

It occcurred to me Veritas may very well miss a slur in Swahili. Such would be avoided if PMs are replaced with public notices especially before banning.

There is nothing like somebody provoking a fight in the school yard then have his tribeswomen say BOTH did it. The beneficiary in such as case is the bully who started it. I don't buy your explanation and in fact consider the whole of it tribal subterfuge.
Omollo, I dont know why you insist that I am Kikuyu. I really am a proud Gusii woman, but if you'd rather believe I'm Kikuyu, that's fine too. People on nipate have accused me of being Luo in the past. I don't mind either designation.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2014, 04:55:44 PM »
Google don't pick up on swahili slurs. But I asked Omollo not to say that slur and he responded kindly.

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2014, 04:57:32 PM »
Google don't pick up on swahili slurs. But I asked Omollo not to say that slur and he responded kindly.
Good to note.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2014, 05:08:17 PM »
I think we need a "council of the Spear" whose job is to decide on possible action when a complaint is brought up. This will spread evenly the blame instead of leaving it to one person.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2014, 05:12:19 PM »
Can you please elaborate more on this "Council of the Spear" what's the formation? What's the process? Please explain.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2014, 05:22:17 PM »
kababe,
has it occurred to you that Veritas withheld whatever led to Mwanabiashara's response?
Justice demands she disclose everything not just the unsavory parts which may have been out of context(wapi Nuff Sed?)

Veritas is is extremely condescending to purport to act in the interest of the members by taking unilateral extreme measures. It presumes we are stupid negroes who can't tell what is good for ourselves.

Tomorrow, vooke and his sermons will be shown the door without much ado. You need to respect or at least pretend to respect members who take they time to join your forum. It is hard work I agree but without members, all that would be nothing

Calling Mwanabiashara a spammer WITHOUT proof shows that it was personal between you.

We are demanding fairness not begging for it. And while at it, quit reminding negroes they can always go back to Nipate.com. Why does it hurt you that Nipate is still half-dead?

Eish, stop insulting her. Mwanabiashara insulted her via PM. That's why she banned him. Omollo's slurs in that exchange were in Swahili, she didnt see them, she only saw Mwanabiashara's. I believe if she had she would have stayed away or issued a reminder on that thread for every one. Give her a break, she's here she's listening to members. She's learning. This is a new site. Tuliza boss.

vooke

With all due respect, I think you are trying to milk this out for what its worth. If you must have proof, read maumaus whole passage at .com. Veri inquired of his decorum as she did Omollo. He responded the way he did and thus the ban, which might have been a bit harsh....a first warning would have been sent before a complete ban. We are all in agreement of admin resisting from unilateral extreme measures and reminding disenting opinions of where they should or should not go back to.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2014, 05:24:36 PM »
Someone files a complaint of "nudity" with Veritas. She refers it to the council, based on rules and regulations, the council decides whether it is a valid complaint or not and votes. The outcome is communicated on the forum to all members. Council members are made public but voting is not. Can be improved.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2014, 05:27:32 PM »
Love it! Thanks Parker! Nominations are up.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2014, 05:43:51 PM »
mya88,
after reading the PM Mwanabiahara shared, I lost some sympathy for him. But you will note he was responding to something Veritas said and it may have been offensive. Am sure you would be interested to know what he responded to with such vitriol. If it was harmless, it serves to magnify his sins. If Veritas fired a deadly salvo, then the negro may have been justified. She further calls him a spammer. Read through his 27 threads and you find this is not so.

That said, am glad members have contributed on this thread because it shows my concerns was not petty. Trust me my intention is to IMPROVE this place not make noise
vooke

With all due respect, I think you are trying to milk this out for what its worth. If you must have proof, read maumaus whole passage at .com. Veri inquired of his decorum as she did Omollo. He responded the way he did and thus the ban, which might have been a bit harsh....a first warning would have been sent before a complete ban. We are all in agreement of admin resisting from unilateral extreme measures and reminding disenting opinions of where they should or should not go back to.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2014, 05:51:59 PM »
His IP matches a spammer. For the record, this is what I private messaged him (the only private message):

I'm relieving you of your moderator duties with a warning for abusing forum members. Calling others "b!tch" and what not is unacceptable.

I came to this decision:

1. Spamming.
2. Complaint.
3. The fact he purposefully provoked members (not just Omollo) in his posts.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2014, 05:57:38 PM »
mya88,
after reading the PM Mwanabiahara shared, I lost some sympathy for him. But you will note he was responding to something Veritas said and it may have been offensive. Am sure you would be interested to know what he responded to with such vitriol. If it was harmless, it serves to magnify his sins. If Veritas fired a deadly salvo, then the negro may have been justified. She further calls him a spammer. Read through his 27 threads and you find this is not so.

That said, am glad members have contributed on this thread because it shows my concerns was not petty. Trust me my intention is to IMPROVE this place not make noise

vooke

I know you mean well. As veri has disclosed the reason for his responses. That matches what maumau wrote on .com. There is room for improvement and I think admin and members are making concerted efforts to improve.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2014, 06:17:59 PM »
Thank you Veritas, but you do understand some negroes may be browsing off public places. So his IP may be tagged spam. That is not convincing

Whenever you receive a complaint against somebody, it is quite possible the accuser is biased and out to punish the perpetrator. So acting on the basis of a complaint WITHOUT checking it out is open to abuse

And of course if two negroes are fighting and one gets a warning of rudeness, it is quite possible he may think the other party was not warned....Prisoner's Dillemma or something. In fact I suspect this is what rattled him. That's why I insist on public warning to both parties at the same time

His IP matches a spammer. For the record, this is what I private messaged him (the only private message):

I'm relieving you of your moderator duties with a warning for abusing forum members. Calling others "b!tch" and what not is unacceptable.

I came to this decision:

1. Spamming.
2. Complaint.
3. The fact he purposefully provoked members (not just Omollo) in his posts.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2014, 06:19:59 PM »
Yes, I think she would've because regardless of who starts a fight, eventually if slurs are exchanged, as a mod must be fair and warn both, with particular emphasis on the provacateur. Otherwise, if both say things that re not according to "decorum", then it LOOKS like one gets the ultimate boot without an explanation, it looks partisan, even if it is not. Hence, such things should be aired out publicly.

It occcurred to me Veritas may very well miss a slur in Swahili. Such would be avoided if PMs are replaced with public notices especially before banning.
1. Mrs. Biashara (we have no idea what business) got what she deserved;
2. If a drunk person enters a room full of peaceful people and proceeds to attack the first (Pundit) and then moves to the next (Omollo), I see no reason why Omollo and Pundit should follow the drunkard out on expulsion just because they were unfortunate to be the drunkard's victims;
3. You claim to be a lawyer and for the second time I want to doubt that - unless you are a Grade C- student. Provocation is a major factor in determining culpability. In many cases provocation is all that is required to turn a murder charge to manslaughter or unlawful killing - depending on the jurisdiction.

4. No serious lawyer would advocate for equity and equivalence between the provoker and the provoked - unless she is defending one. Thus your stance betrayed a bias which in my book indicates you are a nyooba adherent - your ethnicity notwithstanding.

5. Mrs. Biashara (the business of which we still have no idea) was sufficiently informed by Veritas and is welcome to launch an appeal against her exclusion. I will of course oppose the appeal in principle. She has not appealed instead has gone out there to bad-mouth .org and Veritas - even suggesting Veritas is my spouse.

6. I have never seen your opposition to the constant harassment I undergo - not least the use of woman as an insult. Instead I noticed you giggling loudly when vooke suggested that I was his "punching bag" which he would miss at .com. That betrayed your sympathies and I immediately withdrew all goodwill I had shown you.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2014, 06:28:33 PM »
Omollo, why are you falsely accusing me? I have never so much as bothered with your fights with vooke. Giggling? Anyone who knows me and vooke know we fight every month. The idea that I take his side shows you are simply intent on seeing things your way. You admit you both gave out slurs, everyone here agrees you both should've been warned--if indeed warning was required--and I now understand you were indeed both warned, so apparently its not just me.  Veritas felt the same way. You are talking about my tribe, my profession and all that, and now making up false claims about me. You are not charged with murder, you hurled unnecessary expletives at another member, who had done the same to you, lets cease with the dramatics.

Also, I NEVER suggested that you should be banned. I suggested that banning should not have happened at all, especially in private.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2014, 06:38:36 PM »
Calling a thousand men women won't change nothing

1. Mrs. Biashara (we have no idea what business) got what she deserved;
2. If a drunk person enters a room full of peaceful people and proceeds to attack the first (Pundit) and then moves to the next (Omollo), I see no reason why Omollo and Pundit should follow the drunkard out on expulsion just because they were unfortunate to be the drunkard's victims;
3. You claim to be a lawyer and for the second time I want to doubt that - unless you are a Grade C- student. Provocation is a major factor in determining culpability. In many cases provocation is all that is required to turn a murder charge to manslaughter or unlawful killing - depending on the jurisdiction.

4. No serious lawyer would advocate for equity and equivalence between the provoker and the provoked - unless she is defending one. Thus your stance betrayed a bias which in my book indicates you are a nyooba adherent - your ethnicity notwithstanding.

5. Mrs. Biashara (the business of which we still have no idea) was sufficiently informed by Veritas and is welcome to launch an appeal against her exclusion. I will of course oppose the appeal in principle. She has not appealed instead has gone out there to bad-mouth .org and Veritas - even suggesting Veritas is my spouse.

6. I have never seen your opposition to the constant harassment I undergo - not least the use of woman as an insult. Instead I noticed you giggling loudly when vooke suggested that I was his "punching bag" which he would miss at .com. That betrayed your sympathies and I immediately withdrew all goodwill I had shown you.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2014, 06:39:42 PM »
Omollo, why are you falsely accusing me? I have never so much as bothered with your fights with vooke. Giggling? Anyone who knows me and vooke know we fight every month. The idea that I take his side shows you are simply intent on seeing things your way. You admit you both gave out slurs, everyone here agrees you both should've been warned and I now understand you were indeed both warned, so apparently its not just me.  Veritas felt the same way. You are talking about my tribe, my profession and all that, and now making up false claims about me. You are not charged with murder, you hurled unnecessary expletives at another member, who had done the same to you, lets cease with the dramatics.
1. Please desist from speaking for other people. "Everybody"? Who is "everybody"? Did you carry out a vote?
2. Your ululation when vooke called me a punching bag is still here on record. I can direct you if your lawyer memory somehow fails you;
3. I have made no admission of the kind you suggest;
a. Your tribe: You came out as Nyooba but then stated that you are a Kisii;
b. Your profession: When you purport to adjudicate in matter drawing on your profession, I have a right to question it;
c. False claims: Please document the "false" claims and demonstrate the falsehood

5. Finally you come out clearly to state what you have been denying: You bias in the matter. Responding to expletives can only be "unnecessary" in the eyes of the advocate for the ravisher;
6. The principle of provocation (as a defense) is not limited to murder (as you probably managed to read, if ever!)

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2014, 06:42:05 PM »
False claims: I was giggling/ululating at something you and vooke said to each other. Please provide the evidence.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2014, 06:43:39 PM »
Calling a thousand men women won't change nothing
I heard that "defense" in a case in UK where some white supremacists who had called an Asian Pakki insisted that the insult had not changed the man. I wondered whether insults are supposed to change people or have a completely different objective.

If somebody called vooke a copper teethed pot bellied bla bla, would it change him? Of course not.