Author Topic: Jubilee govt closes ALL schools  (Read 8250 times)

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Jubilee govt closes ALL schools
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 09:43:04 AM »
Uhuru reminds me of George W. Bush. Clueless fellow with no intellect to lead a country. Most people will not admit it especially from his region but Uhuru after 10 years at the helm will prove to be an equal disaster like Bush after 8 years in the White House.

Kenyatta is an "accidental president". He does not have any leadership skills. He has no philosophy except to enrich a few Kenyans at the country's expense. The sad thing is most politicians support him because they get part of the loot. The country has been mortgaged with so much debt that in 20yrs it will be a Greece. Although Kibaki started it and gave him the touch, he never sat down to think how to balance the country economically so that there will be a thriving middle class. He is still in campaign mode, fearful of every word that comes out of Raila. And that my friends will not bring any tangible progress.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 10:36:22 AM »
I tend to disagree. I think Uhuru has done a fairly good job below the radar...compared to all the 3 presidents. They are problems he need to work on remain corruption. Security has gotten much better and we have safaricom's 14B camera working on major towns...ensuring surveillance...hopefully this is not the lull before the storm..but I believe Boinett is doing well.

If you're talking about KNUT...I don't see that as failure yet..I think TSC/SRC will want to have another go at court.. Uhuru responsibility is to squeeze the best deal out of teachers...not to quickly accede to any demands.

Where Uhuru need to pull up his socks

1) 10,000Kms road project seem dead....he need to figure it out...only Kibaki era road project are ongoing. This is definite election winner.
2) Be firm when it come to corruption.

Otherwise so far he is my most favorite pork. No drama. No intrigues. Get the job done.

Uhuru reminds me of George W. Bush. Clueless fellow with no intellect to lead a country. Most people will not admit it especially from his region but Uhuru after 10 years at the helm will prove to be an equal disaster like Bush after 8 years in the White House.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 03:48:41 PM »
I tend to disagree. I think Uhuru has done a fairly good job below the radar...compared to all the 3 presidents. They are problems he need to work on remain corruption. Security has gotten much better and we have safaricom's 14B camera working on major towns...ensuring surveillance...hopefully this is not the lull before the storm..but I believe Boinett is doing well.

If you're talking about KNUT...I don't see that as failure yet..I think TSC/SRC will want to have another go at court.. Uhuru responsibility is to squeeze the best deal out of teachers...not to quickly accede to any demands.

Where Uhuru need to pull up his socks

1) 10,000Kms road project seem dead....he need to figure it out...only Kibaki era road project are ongoing. This is definite election winner.
2) Be firm when it come to corruption.

Otherwise so far he is my most favorite pork. No drama. No intrigues. Get the job done.

I disagree. Uhuru has no idea on what he is doing. On the surface it looks well but fig  a little deeper and youll find out the rot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2015, 03:54:02 PM »
Maybe we can objective and list those failures and success....I think he has done quite well in 3 yrs he has been in power. The country is certainly stabler than during Kibaki era. What are the "massive" failures...that we need to know?

Gov can easily pay teachers...but something else will have to give! It important for gov to fight as hard before acceding an inch to a powerful union.

I disagree. Uhuru has no idea on what he is doing. On the surface it looks well but fig  a little deeper and youll find out the rot.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 01:01:52 AM »
1. Corruption.
2. Debt is unsustainable in the long run
3. Security.
4. Tribalism is at an all time high. No clear goal.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 08:02:10 AM »
Seem like perrenial problems we grapple with. Certainly Uhuru can do more when it come to corruption and security. But he has DONE more than any other president in those two areas. He has forced 170 top big cats.....who are now in home or in court. That was historic. Ngilu,Kamau and others are in court as we speak. Security...Cops have modern equipment (new cars) more than ever..and 14B safaricom thing is live. We have gone for some months now without a terror attack...this I think is due to police doing kwekwe on those guys..I don't like it...but what option do we have..dealing with criminals that shot students indiscriminately.

Regarding debt....after rebasing the GDP..we can take more debt.

Tribalism...mmm...certainly he can do better job sharing the pie..beyond the two tribes...

1. Corruption.
3. Security.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 06:42:01 PM »
Perception matters. Tribalism is not perennial, rather a problem getting worse by the decade. A bill should address this issue. Cash should be awarded to Rural Counties that have a plan for diversification.

Seem like perrenial problems we grapple with. Certainly Uhuru can do more when it come to corruption and security. But he has DONE more than any other president in those two areas. He has forced 170 top big cats.....who are now in home or in court. That was historic. Ngilu,Kamau and others are in court as we speak. Security...Cops have modern equipment (new cars) more than ever..and 14B safaricom thing is live. We have gone for some months now without a terror attack...this I think is due to police doing kwekwe on those guys..I don't like it...but what option do we have..dealing with criminals that shot students indiscriminately.

Regarding debt....after rebasing the GDP..we can take more debt.

Tribalism...mmm...certainly he can do better job sharing the pie..beyond the two tribes...

1. Corruption.
3. Security.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 04:48:33 PM »
KNUT needs to be broken by all means necessary even if it means the GoK shutting schools for 3 months
I gave you the formula a long time ago. Pity you did not pass it on despite I clearly stating that it was a free gift to whoever wished to employ it. I have to confess I have some beef with these teachers trade unions that will simply not go away in a hurry. If what I proposed was inadequate, kindly get back to me and I will improve on the proposals. KNUT especially has to be converted to a SACCO.

Here are additional measures:

1. Send anti-corruption investigators to look at its books
2. Determine the status and ownership of KNUT's many properties
3. Since TSC collects money on behalf of KNUT, the use of the money must be reported to the state (TSC).
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread