Author Topic: Jubilee govt closes ALL schools  (Read 8218 times)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Jubilee govt closes ALL schools
« on: September 18, 2015, 12:40:38 PM »
Breaking news. All schools public or private will remain closed from Monday until further notice.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Jubilee govt closes ALL schools
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 01:06:16 PM »
While I acknowledge that kamwana never promised to tackle corruption, I still say tolerance for corruption is shooting yourself in the foot.  More money disappears in Waiguru-type scams every year than could be used to pay the teachers their money many times over.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 01:38:37 PM »
Why close private schools? That roadside declaration will be ignored by private schools.

Offline chiethakuodha

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 02:49:46 PM »
One wonders whether Kamwana knows where his powers begin and where it ends and where private entrepreneurial and  that of human rights begin.  As it is, he breaks the law with all the abandon imaginable.  This is what you call "tictatorship".  This is the opposite of his oath of office.  Does this pilot have a compass to where he is navigating the banana republic of ghenya or has he switched to autopilot?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction".

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 03:37:37 PM »
education is the future, and Ubuntu is destroying the only system that was in place. His kids never used the system so why care?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 04:23:21 PM »
This could have been avoided if there was leadership. Patronizing others should be a thing of the past. Collaborating and finding solutions should be a model that leaders need to adopt.
Uhhru must obey the courts..

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 02:38:04 AM »
Why close private schools? That roadside declaration will be ignored by private schools.

It's certainly difficult to see what private-school employees have to do with a pay dispute between the government and its public-school employees.   What exactly is the point?   Dog in a manger?

It will be interesting to see if the private schools object, and if the government then uses force (in any form) to make them comply.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 07:12:45 AM »
KNUT needs to be broken by all means necessary even if it means the GoK shutting schools for 3 months
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 12:16:44 PM »
Sossion will soon be 'negotiating' on whether teachers have to be paid their September salaries  ..... Nzomo/Kaimenyi/Uhuru are headed to win hands down
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 05:32:18 PM »
I think the idea is to break their backs and those of the kids.  The kids are pawns.  The message is whoever you are, you cannot defy this government.  As mentioned elsewhere, kamwana's kids have never had to go through these schools.  There is a sense of complete detachment from the impact such decisions have on people's lives.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 03:42:08 PM »
Uhurus decision impacts millions of future leaders. THe education system has been under assault since Moi. No wonder we have people who cant reason. They elect mps based on the language they speak.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 08:23:17 AM »
Private schools are outside gov control. This is will require hard decisions.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 08:24:13 AM »
Actually Moi fixed the education sector. Kenya education quality is near developed countries.
Uhurus decision impacts millions of future leaders. THe education system has been under assault since Moi. No wonder we have people who cant reason. They elect mps based on the language they speak.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2015, 09:36:02 AM »
I tend to dissagree on this. Moi's education system was directed at white collar jobs and that is the problem Kenya faces today. We have too many desk workers and the technicians and fundis are missing in Kenya. That is the industrial backbone of a nation which is totally missing.

Actually Moi fixed the education sector. Kenya education quality is near developed countries.

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2015, 03:09:46 PM »

I heard Moi threw is rungu and showed the jubilee gov his middle finger. Hate him or love him he doesn't give a rat's ass or bend over. I would be pissed too if my kids education is impacted by politics.

http://newsafricanow.com/2015/09/moi-opposed-to-closure-of-private-schools/
"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 03:52:52 PM »
Sossion chip in and says gov will only pay an extra 10B annually or 900M a month...seem doable. GoK should just pay up what they promised.
http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/We-have-all-along-been-guided-by-rule-of-law-/-/440808/2878088/-/v0ld9az/-/index.html

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 03:58:33 PM »
Nope. No at all. Moi was passionate and still is passionate about education as a whole. It one thing he got right...considering the challenges. 8-4-4 was meant to essentially do that. That is why we learnt mechanics, art and craft, home science, capentry and so many courses including tailoring...as compared to the old system where folks just learn basic subjects.

I think there is no shortage of skilled folks...there is shortage of infrastructure  (roads, electricity) bla bla that hinders industralization...no one who has come to kenya has ever to complained about labour! Kenyans are qualified...to do nearly any job...except those that truly require special skills. Kenyans are also 3 time more productive than sub-saharan average. If there is anything driving the kenyan economy...the bedrock lies in QUALITY education that kenyans receives...as compared to sub sahara countries. It a shame public schools have literally gone to dogs in Kibaki era....and now we have to depend on private schools.

If there is a shortage in middle level skills...it kibaki turning every college or polythenic..into a university..and Moi has been opposed to that...and I think last week...rudely intervened and re-opened Baringo Technical college...put paid to efforts to turn it into a university.

If there is something we are grateful for Moi..it has to been education...that is why to this day folks will not hesistate to send their kids to any school named or managed by Moi.

I tend to dissagree on this. Moi's education system was directed at white collar jobs and that is the problem Kenya faces today. We have too many desk workers and the technicians and fundis are missing in Kenya. That is the industrial backbone of a nation which is totally missing.

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 04:09:29 PM »
The other option is to devolve all functions of education.  Let the counties figure out what their education budgets, including teachers salaries.  Leave as few responsibilities to kamwana as possible.

Harriet Tubman

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 04:44:17 PM »
Nope. No at all. Moi was passionate and still is passionate about education as a whole. It one thing he got right...considering the challenges. 8-4-4 was meant to essentially do that. That is why we learnt mechanics, art and craft, home science, capentry and so many courses including tailoring...as compared to the old system where folks just learn basic subjects.

I think there is no shortage of skilled folks...there is shortage of infrastructure  (roads, electricity) bla bla that hinders industralization...no one who has come to kenya has ever to complained about labour! Kenyans are qualified...to do nearly any job...except those that truly require special skills. Kenyans are also 3 time more productive than sub-saharan average. If there is anything driving the kenyan economy...the bedrock lies in QUALITY education that kenyans receives...as compared to sub sahara countries. It a shame public schools have literally gone to dogs in Kibaki era....and now we have to depend on private schools.

If there is a shortage in middle level skills...it kibaki turning every college or polythenic..into a university..and Moi has been opposed to that...and I think last week...rudely intervened and re-opened Baringo Technical college...put paid to efforts to turn it into a university.

If there is something we are grateful for Moi..it has to been education...that is why to this day folks will not hesistate to send their kids to any school named or managed by Moi.

I agree. The one thing we can all say, is that despite his short comings, Moi was serious about education. Going to university used to be something of a status symbol earned only through hard work. Most of us Moi Era students' may not have gone to any private schools, but we come out with top notch education. That is why I can pretty much sleep throughout my classes in the West, study hard on my own, and still come out a winner. The studying discipline had already been laid.Now with colleges springing up in every corner, and every polytechnic turning into university, its hard to tell.

What Uhuru is doing is wrong, and trying to drag private institutions into his beef with public schools to make a point is ridiculous. Whatever happened to negotiations. Come to think about it, public services such as education and healthcare should never be allowed to degenerate into the chaos it has come too. Nurses on strike while patients are dying in hospitals...teachers on strike while kids are ...left to wonder what is going on.....only a failed government allows such things to happen.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 02:18:49 AM »
Kenyatta is an "accidental president". He does not have any leadership skills. He has no philosophy except to enrich a few Kenyans at the country's expense. The sad thing is most politicians support him because they get part of the loot. The country has been mortgaged with so much debt that in 20yrs it will be a Greece. Although Kibaki started it and gave him the touch, he never sat down to think how to balance the country economically so that there will be a thriving middle class. He is still in campaign mode, fearful of every word that comes out of Raila. And that my friends will not bring any tangible progress.

I agree. The one thing we can all say, is that despite his short comings, Moi was serious about education. Going to university used to be something of a status symbol earned only through hard work. Most of us Moi Era students' may not have gone to any private schools, but we come out with top notch education. That is why I can pretty much sleep throughout my classes in the West, study hard on my own, and still come out a winner. The studying discipline had already been laid.Now with colleges springing up in every corner, and every polytechnic turning into university, its hard to tell.

What Uhuru is doing is wrong, and trying to drag private institutions into his beef with public schools to make a point is ridiculous. Whatever happened to negotiations. Come to think about it, public services such as education and healthcare should never be allowed to degenerate into the chaos it has come too. Nurses on strike while patients are dying in hospitals...teachers on strike while kids are ...left to wonder what is going on.....only a failed government allows such things to happen.