Author Topic: Clerk in Kentucky Chooses Jail Over Deal on Same-Sex Marriage  (Read 55927 times)

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Re: Clerk in Kentucky Chooses Jail Over Deal on Same-Sex Marriage
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2015, 11:22:44 PM »
I hadn't seen this other "gem" from before.... you are not being forced into a contract because a law exists that calls your being forced into a contract something else.... More from the great legal mind that is moon ki.

That one too is definitely funny!  Here's an idea: perhaps they could drop all the other stuff and go to court on the basis of being forced into contracts; it's definitely an angle that doesn't seem to have occurred to her lawyers.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2015, 11:38:47 PM »
More emotional b.s. The woman was fined for an amount she said was IMPOSSIBLE for her to pay!!!! She would have to shut her business! That's what I call ruin. That other people apparently intervened doesn't change what you allude to in this poorly attempted sarcasm.... others stopped them from ruining her therefore they didn't try to ruin her????  Your big argument.....

Perhaps it's just a matter of viewpoints.   

I was commenting on this statement:

The old lady who was basically ruined after fined for 150 thousand dollars for not performing a service for a gay wedding.

They get fined $150K; they get $352K from supporters; and business continues to thrive.     Most people would not consider her ruined (basically or otherwise); indeed, as you note,

others stopped them from ruining her ...

I hope you can see my "difficulty": (a) no old lady to be found anywhere, and (b) no ruin to be seen anywhere.   

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2015, 11:40:39 PM »
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/20/living/stutzman-florist-gay/

So,  here goes: so the person I was thinking of is actually a florist who refused to decorate a gay wedding,  not a baker and she IS a grandma, had indeed served this couple for years before they turned on her (plus hired gay staff in her business). This is what has moon ki orgasming that he caught me lying about a poor old lady ruined by his likes. To Moonki's dismay, she does exist,  I just got the little detail of her role in the wedding mixed up,  florist not baker. Of course,  the principle is the same either way,  florist/baker/caterer/photographer,  doesn't really mater. She did write a letter to that hateful AG too,  yep. Moon ki,  did you have anything else you hoped to use or was this just it for you?
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2015, 11:47:24 PM »
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/20/living/stutzman-florist-gay/

So,  here goes: so the person I was thinking of is actually a florist who refused to decorate a gay wedding,  not a baker and she IS a grandma, had indeed served this couple for years begore they turned on her (plus hired gay staff in her business). This is what has moon ki orgasming that he caught me lying about a poor old lady ruined by his likes.

He, he, he ...

Even Satan & Evil Spawn would definitely be impressed with all the wriggling.   Here is what I was commenting on:

The old lady who was basically ruined after fined for 150 thousand dollars for not performing a service for a gay wedding. 

Let's temporarily go with your new story, about the florist:  Where did the "150 thousand dollars fine" come from?.  That's a lot of change, and you really need to find a good place for it.

Once you answer that, we'll move on to the matter of ruin. And then we might even look at the legal aspects of your new-and-improved offering.

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2015, 11:53:56 PM »
Moonki,  i happily admit i got the facts mixed up. But anyone who has followed my arguments can very easily tell that I was talking about an old lady fined exorbitant fines that ruined her,  as she herself explains in a letter,  after she was sued by gay customers she had served for years,  and who moreover hired gay employees in ger bysiness and had written a letter I read to the AG who went after her. It's pretty obvious I confused the details of the cases. But you were having this orgasm that you caught me lying..... lololol!  You were all sarcastic too,  about people going after an old lady as if such a thing couldn't happen and was all the figment of my imagination..  Then it turns out it did in fact happen. Nice one.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2015, 12:12:39 AM »
Bella:

That's a start.   It appears that there is no old lady who was ruined (basically or otherwise) by a $150K fine.    You made it up.   That's normally called lying, but seeing as you are a "Good & Devout Christian", we'll accept that you merely "got the facts mixed up".  Even after the forceful manner in which you argued your case ...

Anyways, now that you have settled on the florist, let's go with that story.

anyone who has followed my arguments can very easily tell that I was talking about an old lady fined exorbitant fines that ruined her

As far as I recall, she was fined $1K and order to pay $1 court fees and costs.   A total of $1001 is hardly exorbitant, I think; but maybe the judge later sneaked in something.   But more importantly, there's this:

People managed to raise $174K for her against a "fine" of $1.001 K.

Can you give us some more details on the new revision that:

old lady fined exorbitant fines that ruined her

Specifically:

(a) the nature of the "exorbitant fines"; and

(b) the details of the consequent "ruin".

This is what has moon ki orgasming

That's inappropriate here.   But seeing as that you brought it up:  I will be jerking off later, but to entirely different things ... maybe I'll think of you dressed as a nun and doing .. oh, never mind.

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2015, 12:26:29 AM »
Moonki, I have consistently spoken of an old woman who served the couple that sued her and hired gay staff. Any honest person will see I confused the facts of these anti-Christian suits over gay weddings, moreover,  the existence of a 150 thousand fine makes all the more obvious to any honest person that I merely confused these very similar cases. You can continue straining the "made it up" nonsense  but I'm sure it is pretty clear to any honest reader what happened here. Feel free to jerk off with a baguette up your a***,  I don't really care. The woman was being threatened witn ruin as I read her case,  which the article I quoted made clear. If instead she got rich,  more power to her (and her donors,  of course). It might teach the mob to leave well alone next time.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2015, 12:56:38 AM »
the existence of a 150 thousand fine makes all the more obvious to any honest person that I merely

Forget the 150 thousand.   Let's go with the florist of your new story, of whom you say

anyone who has followed my arguments can very easily tell that I was talking about an old lady fined exorbitant fines that ruined her

Yes, that certainly is true.   You definitely have been talking "about an old lady fined exorbitant fines that ruined her".   No argument about that.  But who is said old lady; what were the fines;  what was the ruin?

Please, tell us some more about the old lady, the exorbitant fines, and the ruin.   

The woman was being threatened with ruin as I read her case,  which the article I quoted made clear.

First, it was "fined exorbitant fines that ruined her".  Then she was merely threatened but not ruined?   Which exactly is it?    I assume you now want to go with the latter.  In that case, what was the exact nature of the threats?

Feel free to jerk off with a baguette up your a***,  I don't really care.

Nah.  I don't think I'd enjoy that, and that's even without considering the size of those things.   It would actually be quite tricky, if you think of the baguette breaking up and shit.   Too untidy and messy.  Besides, I have a very strict rule: always stuffer, never stuffee.

For jerking off, I'd rather think of you in your nun outfit.   Dripping wet, but still tight like a nun. If you like things up the a***, as you hint to, then my local Filthy Shop has some good stuff I could bring along; do both holes in what Americans might call a "twofer".   (Do you prefer hard rubber or soft rubber?)

It might teach the mob to leave well alone next time.

I wouldn't think of it that way.   The courts seemed to determined to enforce anti-discrimination laws, and I don't see them deciding to "leave well enough alone", as you put it.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2015, 03:02:08 AM »
If homosexuality is now protected by US constitution,speaking against it is bigotry regardless of your motivation; Bible,Quran....

There is nothing like, conscience, faith here; any partiality on the basis of sexual orientation is discrimination.

That most Christians are outspoken on thi makes them easy targets for suits. And they will get stupid by the day. I know sermons will be censured shortly
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2015, 03:28:38 AM »
If homosexuality is now protected by US constitution,speaking against it is bigotry regardless of your motivation; Bible,Quran....

There is nothing like, conscience, faith here; any partiality on the basis of sexual orientation is discrimination.

That most Christians are outspoken on thi makes them easy targets for suits. And they will get stupid by the day. I know sermons will be censured shortly

Uongo mtupu.  Gay marriage has been legal in a few states for some years.  There has never been any censure on what people can preach or believe.  In the US there is even no law against hate speech.  You are free to wear a Halloween costume and burn a cross outside your house every night cussing niggas.  It's just that you are likely to lose social capital in the process.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2015, 07:07:42 AM »

Uongo mtupu.  Gay marriage has been legal in a few states for some years.  There has never been any censure on what people can preach or believe.  In the US there is even no law against hate speech.  You are free to wear a Halloween costume and burn a cross outside your house every night cussing niggas.  It's just that you are likely to lose social capital in the process.
Churches are more than 'outside your house'. They buy properties, hold meetings,evangelize. They will be severely hindered from speaking out. The church will be intimidated into silence
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2015, 04:59:28 PM »
Comparing Black civil rights to gay rights is like comparing apples to oranges.
<additional blah blah blah deleted>

Once again, you have missed the point.   Quite badly too.
"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

• Enigma
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2015, 05:27:08 PM »

Churches are more than 'outside your house'. They buy properties, hold meetings,evangelize. They will be severely hindered from speaking out. The church will be intimidated into silence
Being hindered from speaking out can happen for many reasons, shame being one of them.  Ostracization another.  I call that the censorship by social norm.  Technically they are going to remain free to speak out.  That is good enough.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2015, 06:31:45 PM »
Looking at the list of the 50 most powerful gay Americans, and using 1964 as an end date for official segregation (with the passing of the Civil Rights Act), would someone please be kind enough to let me know who the pre-1964 African American equivalents were for the following gay leaders:  Suze Orman, the national TV host and respected financial guru. Anderson Cooper, one of the most familiar faces on CNN, Rachel Maddow of MSNBC, famous Annise Parker, mayor of Houston David Geffen. I don't think of any black mayors of major American cities prior to 1964 or any any of these popular people. 

Surely you have a list of no black Americans or Asians or Latinos during the days of segregation who carried the clout that Geffen carried, right?

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2015, 07:19:01 PM »
For jerking off, I'd rather think of you in your nun outfit.   Dripping wet, but still tight like a nun. If you like things up the a***, as you hint to, then my local Filthy Shop has some good stuff I could bring along; do both holes in what Americans might call a "twofer".   (Do you prefer hard rubber or soft rubber?)

Kadame is not your wife. Do you have an ignore button in your head?  When a woman says sh^t. You don't have to physically, verbally, emotionally abuse her. Ignore her

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2015, 07:41:10 PM »
MOON Ki, I am a bad boy too (according to women).

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2015, 08:15:33 AM »

Being hindered from speaking out can happen for many reasons, shame being one of them.  Ostracization another.  I call that the censorship by social norm.  Technically they are going to remain free to speak out.  That is good enough.
The boundaries for what amounts to discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation will be pushed to the max. The cake is just the dessert, main course coming

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2015, 05:47:14 PM »
Too many gays have been persecuted and killed throughout history. It's time the law is on their side. They have a right to get married like any other human being. My first serious boyfriend in high school came out of the closet. He initially told only me even though he knew I was christian. He was scared of his devout Catholic parents, family, friends etc. would disown him. I told him it was going to be ok and my mother and I had his back. He eventually told his parents. They eventually accepted his sexuality choice. I was with him throughout his journey of coming out. He'd been thinking of suicide and running away instead of telling those around him. I wouldn't want any teen to go through such pain in coming out.

• Enigma
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2015, 06:16:24 PM »
Maneno makali makali.  veritas should create a coliseum forum, kind of like controversial.  Maybe add a one on one subforum boxing-ring and a cess-pit for a melee. 

Boxing-ring should be restricted to two antagonists, with no moderation.  Cess-pit permits any-comers; it can morph from a boxing-ring that defies moderation.  Accessing the coliseum should require a special effort; an inconspicuous link; maybe even subscription.  That way we can continue keeping the main forum polite.

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2015, 12:09:42 PM »
Windy, love it.

I have nominated you and Bella for this week.  :D