Author Topic: Clerk in Kentucky Chooses Jail Over Deal on Same-Sex Marriage  (Read 55505 times)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Clerk in Kentucky Chooses Jail Over Deal on Same-Sex Marriage
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2015, 10:41:55 AM »
Veritas,

The persecution of gays is an unacceptable practice to most conscientious Christians, and I can bet MoonKi and even the resident false prophet would agree. Homosexuals have the right to obey or to disobey God, just like Lucifer did with the evil angels that rebelled in heaven. The point Bella is making in reference to the Kim Davis case is that even if the homosexuals have the law on their side, they really have no business forcing those who conscientiously oppose homosexuality to endorse the practice. The Kim Davis case demonstrates the fallacy of your argument. If indeed homosexuals want to celebrate their newfound right to marry, the state should find registrars who have no objections and place them (even advertise) in public office. With the permissiveness of the American society today, there surely can't be any lack of liberal Christians and atheists willing to perform such ceremonies and append their signatures to certificates. Forcing persons like Kim Davis into the mix and jailing them for not complying is judicial tyranny. That is the irony. That homosexuals' freedom to marry is somehow made possible by jailing registrars like Kim Davis who object.

I do not like the pope but he apparently met Kim Davis and expressed solidarity with her.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/30/kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-in-secret-meeting-with-pope-francis-report-says?CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

Too many gays have been persecuted and killed throughout history. It's time the law is on their side. They have a right to get married like any other human being. My first serious boyfriend in high school came out of the closet. He initially told only me even though he knew I was christian. He was scared of his devout Catholic parents, family, friends etc. would disown him. I told him it was going to be ok and my mother and I had his back. He eventually told his parents. They eventually accepted his sexuality choice. I was with him throughout his journey of coming out. He'd been thinking of suicide and running away instead of telling those around him. I wouldn't want any teen to go through such pain in coming out.

Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: Clerk in Kentucky Chooses Jail Over Deal on Same-Sex Marriage
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2015, 05:08:41 PM »
DB, I challenge you to a duel !  8)

Do you accept?