Author Topic: This is a good step forward. Money will flow in..  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
This is a good step forward. Money will flow in..
« on: September 06, 2015, 04:52:33 AM »
This is a good step forward.
Few African leader are this honest.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/09/05/with-only-150000-in-savings-nigerias-leader-may-be-the-least-corrupt-in-africa/

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: This is a good step forward. Money will flow in..
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 10:27:40 AM »
Buhari seems to be copy pasting the Kenyan circus of 2003 ... 100 days in office.... Kroll corruption probe.... phoney wealth declaration - is there a person who has been a general/president worth $150k in cash equivalents?? that's what ruto does in a weekend and he is yet a general or president....

this is all about identifying pending deals so that kickbacks can go to Buhari and his guys..... and also identify rich guys who can be arm-twisted to cede some shares in companies doing well from state policies/investments/tenders..... will be interesting how Dangote turns out under Buhari regime which seems vindictive for now

in crony capital  states in third world countries when power changes hands this must happen
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 03:06:42 PM »
Wow. I hope your analysis doesn't come to fruition.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 07:42:35 PM »
Lol, Obama had student loans when he got elected...8 years later lets just say he is doing well. But politics in Africa is a whole different ball game. Gout is on to something. Lets give Buhari about 4-8 years, that if he does not decide to stay in power indefinitely. Ati two mud houses.....
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 07:48:23 PM »
The guy was president before remember!
Only this time he's duly elwcted

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 09:18:31 PM »
Buhari had that reputation when he was military ruler.  He was apparently too tough on corruption and Babaginda had to move him out of the way.  Hopefully they don't kill him for being too straight.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 10:44:52 AM »
a read into the complex web that is a country like Nigeria and how Buhari comes in.....

http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/02/buharists-and-their-stockholm-syndrome

hard to claim one can have a magical bullet to problems in any society but a stronger, less corrupt Nigeria will do so much good for Africans especially with what's happening in Libya and its spillover effects including Boko Haram
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 02:44:11 PM »
Gout!!!
Over to you..
This guy is taking baby steps. Entrenched bureaucracies are hard to dismantle. Ask Kibaki after he started dismantling Moi era corruption.
http://news.yahoo.com/nigerias-buhari-issues-state-payments-deadline-anti-graft-071319578.html