Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 6916 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: August 16, 2015, 03:36:45 PM »
Good morning church,
Revelation 2:14 (KJV)
But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication

Today I want to share with us about this Baalam character.

A quick context setting.
Some 4-6 million Israelites are marching from Egypt to Caanan. And they are decimating anybody who resists them. Fear and dread fills one King Balak whose kingdom stood in the way. He had heard about Israel exploits.

Balak hires one prophet Balaam to curse Israel. Baalam attempts to curse Israel but he fails. He realizes that Israel cannot be cursed; God is with them. Balak increases his cursing fees but Balaam is adamant.

Then Balaam comes up with an evil but brilliant idea; entice Israel to sin against God who is their strength and they will be alienated from His mercy and power. In that vulnerable position, they pose no threat to him. The plan worked. Please read about it from Numbers 22:5, 25,Deuteronomy 23:4.

Back to the text.
Jesus is warning a church some thousands of years later that the same phenomena of Balaam is very much alive.  The doctrine of Balaam here is practiced by Nicolaitans, a group descended from Nicholas of Antioch (Acts 6:5). He had converted to Judaism from paganism (hence the proselyte tag) and then from Judaism to Christianity. He preached COMPROMISE. Pagans could convert to Christianity without dropping nothing of their former religion.

Balaam's objective is to stir rebellion. When man rebels against God, he is on his own. Satan could not remove Adam from Eden, but He engineered the rebellion that saw Adam out. Am certain when Satan tempted Jesus, the same objective was in his mind.

Beloved, compromise is deadly. God hates compromise.  Paul charges us to examine ourselves to see if we are still in faith( 2 Corinthians 13:5). Today, are you compromising?

Have a compromise-free Lord's Day as we worship the Ancient of Days (Daniel 7:9)

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
Re: Let's Pray
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 04:19:46 AM »
"......... I am he who searches mind and heart, and I will give to each of you according to your works."

Pastor I am late for church...I like the message. Who is that person talking to the churches?
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 07:12:59 AM »
"......... I am he who searches mind and heart, and I will give to each of you according to your works."

Pastor I am late for church...I like the message. Who is that person talking to the churches?

Hello mya88,
The person is Jesus Christ

Revelation 2:23 King James Version (KJV)

23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

The letters to the seven churches. John hears a voice behind him and turning he sees Jesus. He proceeds to dictate the letters. So Jesus is the one doing the talking and He is referring to Himself in this verse.

But I notice something profound; the same words used of Jesus are also used of God.

Jeremiah 17:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

So Jesus is Jehovah. This is one of the strongest proofs of the deity of Jesus for those still doubting
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 02:44:20 PM »

Hello mya88,
The person is Jesus Christ

Revelation 2:23 King James Version (KJV)

23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

The letters to the seven churches. John hears a voice behind him and turning he sees Jesus. He proceeds to dictate the letters. So Jesus is the one doing the talking and He is referring to Himself in this verse.

But I notice something profound; the same words used of Jesus are also used of God.

Jeremiah 17:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

So Jesus is Jehovah. This is one of the strongest proofs of the deity of Jesus for those still doubting
God is Jesus and the bible then goes ahead and tells us "Ask anything of my father in my name, and it shall be granted..." Isn't this contradictory.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 04:12:52 PM »
God is Jesus and the bible then goes ahead and tells us "Ask anything of my father in my name, and it shall be granted..." Isn't this contradictory.
mya88,
These are the intricacies of holy trinity. Jesus is God,the Father is God and Holy Spirit is God yet there is one God

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 05:25:22 PM »
mya88,
These are the intricacies of holy trinity. Jesus is God,the Father is God and Holy Spirit is God yet there is one God
Isn't it just like a different perspective of the same thing?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 06:40:20 PM »
mya88,
Isn't it just like a different perspective of the same thing?
Sounds like it Termie except these different perspectives coexist
Matthew 3:16-17 (KJV)
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.