Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 4987 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: August 09, 2015, 11:59:42 AM »
Good morning church,

Philippians 2:3-4 (KJV)
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. 4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

I have realized that all biblical instructions fall into two categories; DOs and DON'Ts. I mean everything will either be an exhortation to do something like pray, love,sing,trust....or to stop doing something like fear,pride,selfishness,laziness....

The things we are required to do are the very things we are naturally inclined against doing. And the things we are required to stop doing are the ones we naturally find ourselves doing.

On our subject text, we have both DOs and DON'Ts. Strife/squabbles and selfish ambition. This is a natural in a group setting such as a fellowship, a church. This is a DON'T. Instead there should be humility, we should regard others are better or more significant than ourselves. That's a DO, a very difficult one. Even when you are good, when you can hit higher notes than the other, when you have memorized more scriptures, when you think you get along with your spouse better than other, regard others as better. This limits gossiping and it keeps us from being conceited. And finally it helps us to learn from others. You can't learn nothing from people you think you are better than.

And finally, another DO. Mind other people. Step out of your issues and needs and reach out to others. This is charity. I used to think I could only be charitable if my needs are fully met.,but I have since discovered the best way to reach out to others is out of my needs,and not AFTER my needs. This DO is equally a tough one. It is a discipline that kills selfishness.

Have a lovely selfless Lord's Day as we worship the I AM(John 8:58)

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.