Author Topic: Grabbed RV Land To Get Re-Grabbed!  (Read 3103 times)

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Grabbed RV Land To Get Re-Grabbed!
« on: August 05, 2015, 12:08:53 AM »
By "local politicians, brokers and profiteers".

That is what will happen if people complaining about grabbed colonial land don't stop dreaming about "free money" raining down from the UK  and start to look at what is right by their feet.   

Here it is:

http://ilawkenya.com/devolution/local-referendum-should-determine-the-fate-of-tea-estates-leases-in-bomet-kericho-and-nandi-counties/#.VcEnvTJRHL9
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Grabbed RV Land To Get Re-Grabbed!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 01:35:48 PM »
And that will be better than a British conglomerate.

However, this is an out of ordinary case; the original lease was procured illegally. It was as a result of displacement of the local population, brutality and inhuman treatment. Even if there exists a government lease, the land is a community land. The community therefore has a say in it and on the land use and management.

Hopefully a solution will be found soon...County gov need to own those estates.

Right now Bomet and Kericho county have their own small plantations...maybe 500 acres each...but I don't see why they cannot manage those tea plantation.

KTDA already manages more tea than anyone in kenya.

In Nandi..the county gov have said the leases expiring will lapses and land will belong to counties.

But I can feel the kiwaru from some guys.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 01:39:55 PM »
On the same note..Bomet County just passed a law to create their own sort of KTDA to manage county tea. Agriculture is fully developed and counties need to take responsibility.

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 01:51:05 PM »
RVP,

It appears like some sections of Kenyans would rather this community wealth belong to some mzungu rather than a native african. So long as the locals do not benefit, then they are happy....

I prefer Mugabe over the many mzungu stooges we have in kenya today. It is better if mzungu is chased away and the land lies idle than the mzungu eating whole community wealth with political mafia being fed with dredges to keep silence.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 01:53:10 PM »
Mwafrika needs to repossess his land .....How can you be said to 'grab' what was stolen from you or your grandparents ....

have never understood why people believe that you can grab massive acres of land and have it going forever ....even in so called willing buyer willing seller instances such as Waitiki, Taita, South Africa, Gaza .... the land will likely be repossessed by locals as population pressure builds through whatever means at their disposal
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 02:12:11 PM »
I can only think of the famous kiwaru. It the same Kiwaru I face in toilet.com when the little men there learnt about some of the stuff I had done.

How can you reconcile that in an independent country British companies still own 45 tea estates in kericho-Bomet and about 25 tea factories...while the locals are languishing in poverty.

The land was illegally grabbed. It's return is long overdue.

I have had real British folks telling me even for them they feel such kind of injustices should not be happening.

RVP,

It appears like some sections of Kenyans would rather this community wealth belong to some mzungu rather than a native african. So long as the locals do not benefit, then they are happy....

I prefer Mugabe over the many mzungu stooges we have in kenya today. It is better if mzungu is chased away and the land lies idle than the mzungu eating whole community wealth with political mafia being fed with dredges to keep silence.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 02:14:40 PM »
Exactly. The more population pressure; the more acute the need for land. Land should be given to poor folks who do not have luxury or skills or education to do anything else except forage the land. British companies can buy land and start industries.
Mwafrika needs to repossess his land .....How can you be said to 'grab' what was stolen from you or your grandparents ....

have never understood why people believe that you can grab massive acres of land and have it going forever ....even in so called willing buyer willing seller instances such as Waitiki, Taita, South Africa, Gaza .... the land will likely be repossessed by locals as population pressure builds through whatever means at their disposal

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 02:30:43 PM »
Land still remains the only/most important factor of production for those with limited skills .... once the squatters, class 2 dropouts and such get title documents, majority will do well ...for a start they will meet the basic needs...shelter, food and others will fall into place... they can sell pieces and buy livestock, educate kids, start businesses.... am sure even slums like Kibera will be eliminated once the titles are given ...uhuruto were doing well with titles but looks Ngilu thieving instincts kicked in during that clean up exercise after seeing massive opportunities of files that could be lost and new ones made......

Uhuru would easily score his legacy if he moved his office once per week/month to the titling centre ..... I think only very small portion of Kenya has titles locking massive wealth and also making land a time bomb.....

Exactly. The more population pressure; the more acute the need for land. Land should be given to poor folks who do not have luxury or skills or education to do anything else except forage the land. British companies can buy land and start industries.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 04:18:37 PM »
Gout:

RVTitem:

The grabbing referred to in the title is  the grabbing (by Kenyans) of land returned (to Kenyans) at the end of the leases, whence the "re-grabbing". 

According to Chelanga, "local politicians, brokers and profiteers" could well cheat the community in this business; and that if that happens, then the community will not be much better off.    That I would call grabbing.   The fact that it would be Kenyans doing the grabbing would not necessarily  help the community one little bit; after all, most grabbing that Kenyans complain of these days is of their land by other Kenyans.

That brings us to this point: With people unhappy over their land that was grabbed by the colonialists, the end of such leases would be the perfect opportunity to get back their land.   Why they have never sued to get it back since independence is a question we need not get into here, but they now have a chance to do something different, which is to persuade the national government to give them back their land.     Otherwise, by the time the people Chelanga refers to as "local politicians, brokers and profiteers" are done, the locals will be crying even louder about "our land that was grabbed!
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 07:21:59 PM »
Given what we've seen in the past let the multi nationals do their job. Politicians will find ways to grab and distribute to their relas and the rest of the community will be left worse off. Anyone know what happened to Eldore Mushroom land? Am sure its benefiting the community :(.