Author Topic: Spirit of Prophecy, Testimony of Jesus  (Read 13950 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Spirit of Prophecy, Testimony of Jesus
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 02:51:57 PM »
I stand by that statement recognising that like I said before, judgement is a long and complex issue and the Bible depicts it as such. What I see now is that I should have paid closer attention to your wording (scene and event). Are you now saying it was a trick question?

So you reckon 'same scene' means anything but the same event as far as EGW is concerned?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2015, 03:00:34 PM »
I stand by that statement recognising that like I said before, judgement is a long and complex issue and the Bible depicts it as such. What I see now is that I should have paid closer attention to your wording (scene and event). Are you now saying it was a trick question?

So you reckon 'same scene' means anything but the same event as far as EGW is concerned?
Semantics. Get to the point.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 03:26:22 PM »

Semantics. Get to the point.
The point is you reversed yourself midway
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2015, 03:29:01 PM »
Hi Daily Bread,
Caught another usage of the 'same scene' elsewhere on GC.
Besides the coming of the Lord to His temple, Malachi also foretells His second advent, His coming for the execution of the judgment, in these words: "And I will come near
Page 426
to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not Me, saith the Lord of hosts." Malachi 3:5. Jude refers to the same scene when he says, "Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of His saints, to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds." Jude 14, 15.
Great Controversy, page 426-427
What do we make of this, Malachi 3:5 and Jude 14,15?
It is the same scene but different (yet very closely related and inseparable) events of judgement.
'Same scene BUT different (yet very closely related and inseparable) events'?

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 03:38:07 PM »

I've reversed myself so many times in life that my reversals on Nipate are a drop in the ocean. That can't be the point. You had a point before I responded to your post. That's the point I'm looking for.

Matthew 25 is also a judgement scene complete with goats and sheep. Superficial reading may lead to the (false) conclusion that before judgement begins, all persons will be turned into goats and sheep (so the scene must be one of pasture and the event is grazing?). We gotta read with understanding.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2015, 03:55:14 PM »

I've reversed myself so many times in life that my reversals on Nipate are a drop in the ocean. That can't be the point. You had a point before I responded to your post. That's the point I'm looking for.

Matthew 25 is also a judgement scene complete with goats and sheep. Superficial reading may lead to the (false) conclusion that before judgement begins, all persons will be turned into goats and sheep (so the scene must be one of pasture and the event is grazing?). We gotta read with understanding.
What does 'same scene' mean?
You have two examples to work with