Author Topic: Veritas, on the catastrophic side-effects of w*nking  (Read 13722 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Veritas, on the catastrophic side-effects of w*nking
« on: June 12, 2015, 02:36:45 PM »
Yes, masturbation.
From your medical background, please educate us on the side effects of this practice

Cc Daily Bread, Bella
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Veritas, on the catastrophic side-effects of w*nking
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 02:49:32 PM »
Yes, masturbation.
From your medical background, please educate us on the side effects of this practice

Cc Daily Bread, Bella

While you wait in the corridors, I must add that even the best doctors can only give you such an answer third-hand. Only doctors who have engaged in the practice for a specified period can give reliable and accurate response on the effects. Such a response will only apply to those specific victims in those specific circumstances over those specific periods of time. Also, there is a high likelihood of researcher bias given masturbation is not any of those things one proclaims from the rooftops. Further, the Hawthorne effect (assuming there are those who practice it openly and under laboratory conditions) means you cannot get reliable and accurate results. At best, you have to rely on inspiration.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 02:56:59 PM »

While you wait in the corridors, I must add that even the best doctors can only give you such an answer third-hand.
And because it is 'third-hand' it is FALSE
Only doctors who have engaged in the practice for a specified period can give reliable and accurate response on the effects.
Medical researchers are only accurate if they engage I whatever they are studying
Such a response will only apply to those specific victims in those specific circumstances over those specific periods of time.
???
Also, there is a high likelihood of researcher bias given masturbation is not any of those things one proclaims from the rooftops.
And medical science is totally blind to this fact
Further, the Hawthorne effect (assuming there are those who practice it openly and under laboratory conditions) means you cannot get reliable and accurate results. At best, you have to rely on inspiration.
Again medical research is oblivious of Hawthorne Effect

1,2,3,4,5 disclaimers before Veritas attempts nothing. What are you preempting Nuff Sed? What are you saying, NOBODY knows the side-effects of masturbation?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 03:07:16 PM »
I'd be glad if Mya got on board given her medical background. It's frustrating that you have somehow succeeded in dragging us through the mud straining gnats while a camel rots in your gut.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 03:09:38 PM »
I'd be glad if Mya got on board given her medical background.
Mya88, Moon Ki, Omollo,Windy City Assassin, gout please help

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 03:10:33 PM »
Mya88, Moon Ki, Omollo,Windy Assassin, gout please help

Shorten the list otherwise you will be reverting to argumentum ad populum.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 03:11:21 PM »
Mya88, Moon Ki, Omollo,Windy Assassin, gout please help

Shorten the list otherwise you will be reverting to argumentum ad populum.
Grow a pair

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 03:55:23 PM »
Yes, masturbation.

Cc Daily Bread, Bella

I'm sorry Vooke but I have no clue. I'm assuming it'll be different for genders and age. So long as you don't harm yourself in the process, you may find answers in behavioural studies. I think some people touch themselves more than others perhaps because they're not that social in real life... I really don't know. That stuff is far from what I do now which involves working with dozens of diverse power tools and gadgets:

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 06:08:20 PM »
Thank you Veritas,
I read somewhere that self-service causes these;

1. Brain weakened
 2. Cancerous tumors
 3.Catarrh
 4. Dropsy
 5. Eye-sight weakened
 6. Headache
7. Head decay
8. Insanity
9. Kidney disease
10. Liver disease
11. Lung disease
12. Memory loss
13. Nervous system damage
14. Neuralgia

Could you confirm these from any of your sources in the medical world?

It is very important for Nuff Sed

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 07:29:36 PM »
Masturbation is healthy.  It can complement a healthy sex life as well as being a safe alternative to overly promiscuous behavior.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 07:54:05 PM »
Masturbation is healthy.  It can complement a healthy sex life as well as being a safe alternative to overly promiscuous behavior.
You are not scared of Rheumatism and brain decay?

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »
Hehehe...Not from such a source.  You know there is no shortage of kurazy ideas when it comes to religion.  Why the fixation on this single one?  You should read the story of the founder of Mormonism.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2015, 09:10:26 PM »

I really doubt that I can be of much help in these exchanges of Christian love and  understanding.  You folks are way too deep, with the Bible memorized from A to Z and heavy-duty authorities ready at your fingertips.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 10:18:48 PM »
Hehehe...Not from such a source.  You know there is no shortage of kurazy ideas when it comes to religion.  Why the fixation on this single one?  You should read the story of the founder of Mormonism.

Nuff Sed is why
Read her 5 disclaimers why medical research is impotent in verifying the veracity of the claim from Hawthorn Effect to researcher bias

The entire scientific community is totally impotent as far as researching wanking is concerned. In fact, NOTHING short of wanking in the prescribed fashion for prescribed period of time can guarantee any of these results. How was they wanking 120 years ago to generate these? What changed?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 10:26:30 PM »

I really doubt that I can be of much help in these exchanges of Christian love and  understanding.  You folks are way too deep, with the Bible memorized from A to Z and heavy-duty authorities ready at your fingertips.
This is not Bible trivia sir,
This is medical research. You believe science is totally impotent in verifying this claim?

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 10:49:59 PM »
This is medical research. You believe science is totally impotent in verifying this claim?

Perhaps it is.  Perhaps I missed the point, which I thought was in this little note:

"It is very important for Nuff Sed".

Such is usually a reliable hint of where things are headed. To the extent that I had some doubts, they were quickly dispelled by following thread, which showed the real context of your "query":

http://www.nipate.org/index.php?topic=2124.0

As tends to be the case here on Nipate, yet another fine example of our Christian brethren engaged in loving discussions of the holy.  Discussions that always start with one person or side going out of its way to robustly encourage another person or side to join in.   Excellent stuff all around.    With some luck, we'll soon be able to squeeze in something about Christ's message.

On the very narrow and specific matter of wanking:  I imagine it should be OK if people are doing it over their deep knowledge of the Bible and biblical authorities.  Pharisee style.   Quote this, quote that.   Wank, wank, wank.   Easily mistaken for mindless self-pleasure, which we know it isn't, because the Pharisees  also got practical, political power out of it.

So, then: Let's pray. And especially for the hapless negro.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2015, 02:02:49 AM »
Thank you Veritas,
I read somewhere that self-service causes these;

1. Brain weakened
 2. Cancerous tumors
 3.Catarrh
 4. Dropsy
 5. Eye-sight weakened
 6. Headache
7. Head decay
8. Insanity
9. Kidney disease
10. Liver disease
11. Lung disease
12. Memory loss
13. Nervous system damage
14. Neuralgia

Could you confirm these from any of your sources in the medical world?

It is very important for Nuff Sed

Most medical research today are false. Best to just avoid reading that type of literature and lead a healthy lifestyle. Eat well, healthy mind, work hard, love unconditionally. I've met some of the best doctors in the world and found them to be very disappointing. They get funded by big pharma to test drugs they know little about. Innovators make things- create, design things that heighten knowledge and challenge history, the future, directly impinge on temporal issues. This isn't something doctors do.

I recommend chaps like "Dr Sircus" and anyone who writes scientifically using alternative therapies.

http://drsircus.com/

Modern day medicine kills. The more pills you take the more harm. The longer you stay at a hospital or visit a medical center- the more likely chance you'll develop a disease or disorder like most doctors who become and write like serial killers- unhealthy mind and soul.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2015, 02:20:21 AM »

Perhaps it is.  Perhaps I missed the point, which I thought was in this little note:

"It is very important for Nuff Sed".

Such is usually a reliable hint of where things are headed. To the extent that I had some doubts, they were quickly dispelled by following thread, which showed the real context of your "query":

http://www.nipate.org/index.php?topic=2124.0

As tends to be the case here on Nipate, yet another fine example of our Christian brethren engaged in loving discussions of the holy.  Discussions that always start with one person or side going out of its way to robustly encourage another person or side to join in.   Excellent stuff all around.    With some luck, we'll soon be able to squeeze in something about Christ's message.

On the very narrow and specific matter of wanking:  I imagine it should be OK if people are doing it over their deep knowledge of the Bible and biblical authorities.  Pharisee style.   Quote this, quote that.   Wank, wank, wank.   Easily mistaken for mindless self-pleasure, which we know it isn't, because the Pharisees  also got practical, political power out of it.

So, then: Let's pray. And especially for the hapless negro.
This is a 19th century claim by a person special to Nuff Sed as well as others not any important to her.
Is this claim verifiable? Can we (dis)prove that wanking under whatever conditions and duration causes the above diseases?

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2015, 09:04:29 AM »
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2015, 10:47:41 AM »
Thank you mya88,
Samuel-Auguste Tissot did a comprehensive treatise on masturbation. Look at this entry on Wikipedia;
In 1760, he published L'Onanisme, his own comprehensive medical treatise on the purported ill-effects of masturbation.[3] Citing case studies of young male masturbators amongst his patients in Lausanne as basis for his reasoning, Tissot argued that semen was an "essential oil" and "stimulus" that, when lost from the body in great amounts, would cause "a perceptible reduction of strength, of memory and even of reason; blurred vision, all the nervous disorders, all types of gout and rheumatism, weakening of the organs of generation, blood in the urine, disturbance of the appetite, headaches and a great number of other disorders
Here is a copy of his book published in English in 1832. Then some 32 years later, another author pens Appeal to Mothers and claims she was shown by God that wanking had these devastating consequences. Hear her out;
The state of our world was presented before me, and my attention was especially called to the youth of our time. Everywhere I looked, I saw imbecility, dwarfed forms, crippled limbs, misshapen heads, and deformity of every description. Sins and crimes, and the violation of nature's laws, were shown me as the causes of this accumulation of human woe and suffering. I saw such degradation and vile practices...

First, there is nothing groundbreaking about this latter work seeing it merely regurgitated what had been in existent for 100 years before it, 32 of this in English.

Secondly, there adequate proof that the popular thought of the day were dedidedly anti-wanking. Look at this Sylvester Graham . He was quite a celeb and among others he wrote extensively on masturbation as well. On his book Lecture to Young Men he said the masturbator
"....grows up with a body full of disease, and with a mind in ruins, the loathsome habit still tyrannizing over him, with the inexorable imperiousness of a fiend of darkness."
The cause of acne in incriminating teens is revealed, and the result:

"...ulcerous sores, in some cases, break out upon the head, breast, back and thighs; and these sometimes enlarge into permanent fistulas, of a cancerous character, and continue, perhaps for years, to discharge great quantities of foetid, loathsome pus; and not unfrequently terminate in death."

Is it possible to verify these claims scientifically?