Author Topic: Daily Bread, happy Preparation & Sabbath!  (Read 9205 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Daily Bread, happy Preparation & Sabbath!
« on: June 12, 2015, 11:01:18 AM »
Hello Nuff Sed,
Pope White had some serious beef with 'self-service'. I don't condone it but she went overboard.

There is a book, Appeal to Mothers by Ellen White that SDAs long stopped publishing not sure if you have(I have graciously linked it Hapa chini). It was among her 'health' books, and it focussed on 'solitary vice' or masturbation. As usual, Ellen White prophecies and visions were 'made up' as she went and they revolved around contemporary issues.

The relative limited knowledge of human physiology in the 18th and 19th century is mirrored in Ellen White 'health reforms'. Looks like her angel/god could not think beyond humans.

This article examines her anti-solitary-vice rhetoric. Allow me to quote just a small portion of her book(s) to demonstrate White Lunacy

Children who practice self-indulgence [masturbation] previous to puberty, or the period of merging into manhood or womanhood, must pay the penalty of nature's violated laws at that critical period. Many sink into an early grave, while others have sufficient force of constitution to pass this ordeal. If the practice is continued from the age of fifteen and upward, nature will protest against the abuse she has suffered, and continues to suffer, and will make them pay the penalty for the transgression of her laws, especially from the ages of thirty to forty-five, by numerous pains in the system, and various diseases, such as affection of the liver and lungs, neuralgia, rheumatism, affection of the spine, diseased kidneys, and cancerous humors. Some of nature's fine machinery gives way, leaving a heavier task for the remaining to perform, which disorders nature's fine arrangement, and there is often a sudden breaking down of the constitution; and death is the result."1
"Some who make a high profession do not understand the sin of self-abuse and its sure results. Long-established habit has blinded their understanding. They do not realize the exceeding sinfulness of this degrading sin, which is enervating the system and destroying their brain nerve power."2

"I saw that the family of Brother G__ need a great work done for them. H__ and I__ have gone to great lengths in this crime of self-abuse; especially is this true of H__, who has gone so far in the practice of this sin that his intellect is affected, his eye-sight is weakened, and disease is fastening itself upon him."3

"He had practiced self-abuse until he was a mere wreck of humanity. This vice was shown me as an abomination in the sight of God. ... The results of self-abuse in them is seen in various diseases, such as catarrh, dropsy, headache, loss of memory and sight, great weakness in the back and loins, affections of the spine, the head often decays inwardly. Cancerous humor, which would lay dormant in the system their life-time, is inflamed, and commences its eating, destructive work. The mind is often utterly ruined, and insanity takes place."4

According to the above quotes, the following health problems are caused by masturbation:
 1. Brain weakened
 2. Cancerous tumors
 3.Catarrh
 4. Dropsy
 5. Eye-sight weakened
 6. Headache
7. Head decay
8. Insanity
9. Kidney disease
10. Liver disease
11. Lung disease
12. Memory loss
13. Nervous system damage
14. Neuralgia
15. Pains in the system
16. Premature death
17. Rheumatism
18. Spinal weakness/problems

http://www.adventpioneerbooks.com/Text/SolemnAppeaL.pdf-1
http://text.egwwritings.org/publicationtoc.php?bookCode=2T -2,3
http://text.egwwritings.org/publication.php?pubtype=Book&bookCode=ApM&pagenumber=25 -4

And always remember she was inspired and none of her writing was her opinion and to think this was to rebel against God
Yet, now when I send you a testimony of warning and reproof, many of you declare it to be merely the opinion of Sister White. You thereby insulted the Spirit of God.
Testimonies 5,  p.64.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Daily Bread, happy Preparation & Sabbath!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 12:23:06 PM »
I keep missing some of your posts meant for me simply because you have failed to use the correct moniker.
I do not know how you get the authority to condemn Ellen G. White's writing on the effects of masturbation seeing it is something you don't engage in. The only way you personally could prove her wrong or right would be to do it practically, which I don't recommend.

You attempt to insinuate that Appeal to Mothers is no longer published because the Adventist church is embarrassed about it. There is a whole list of other Adventist books that are out of print, and embarrassment is not anywhere near the cause.

It appears to me that the endless attacks on Ellen G. White are a cowardly act. Here is a breathing African Protestant (Presbyterian) man concentrating his energies on the writings of a woman who died 100 years ago. How is it that the same man cannot even bring up one doctrine of his faith, runs away from anything exposing his beliefs, and dredges up the net for anything anti-Ellen G. White? Why don't you bring up the Presbyterian doctrine on masturbation or life in Jupiter for us to compare?

Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 01:24:56 PM »
I keep missing some of your posts meant for me simply because you have failed to use the correct moniker.
I do not know how you get the authority to condemn Ellen G. White's writing on the effects of masturbation seeing it is something you don't engage in. The only way you personally could prove her wrong or right would be to do it practically, which I don't recommend.

You attempt to insinuate that Appeal to Mothers is no longer published because the Adventist church is embarrassed about it. There is a whole list of other Adventist books that are out of print, and embarrassment is not anywhere near the cause.

It appears to me that the endless attacks on Ellen G. White are a cowardly act. Here is a breathing African Protestant (Presbyterian) man concentrating his energies on the writings of a woman who died 100 years ago. How is it that the same man cannot even bring up one doctrine of his faith, runs away from anything exposing his beliefs, and dredges up the net for anything anti-Ellen G. White? Why don't you bring up the Presbyterian doctrine on masturbation or life in Jupiter for us to compare?
Hello Nuff Sed,
You really want me to masturbate to prove that it does not cause Rheumatism? That is the 'only' way? You are sick like your pope. Focus on the EFFECTS of wanking according to Pope White;

1. Brain weakened
 2. Cancerous tumors
 3.Catarrh
 4. Dropsy
 5. Eye-sight weakened
 6. Headache
7. Head decay
8. Insanity
9. Kidney disease
10. Liver disease
11. Lung disease
12. Memory loss
13. Nervous system damage
14. Neuralgia

I think she was smoking weed. That's the only logical explanation. Even schizophrenia has limits :lolz: What the hell is 'head decay'?

No self-disrespecting fool would associate masturbation with any of these diseases. She was VERY off. Makes me wonder what god/angel 'showed' here these things

Incidentally, medical literature from her era equally lambasted masturbation. Only at the turn of the 20th century did the tide change.

There is no Presbyterian lunacy on masturbation nor life in Jupiter to compare with unfortunately. She is all alone there with her 'inspiration'. God said it is not good for man to be alone. Am sure there are exemptions
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 01:46:04 PM »
Voke, assuming you are right and practically don't want to prove Ellen G. White wrong, I need to inform you that taking a stand on masturbation is not a doctrinal statement. I have not seen masturbation in the Presbyterian websites. Instead of straining a gnat in Ellen G. White, why don't you take on the weightier matters of doctrine which she dealt with in her writings?

Matthew 23:23-25King James Version (KJV)

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

Here is one of the camels you have swallowed.
Aware of the tensions between people and communities of different religious convictions and the varied interpretations of Christian witness, the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue (PCID), the World Council of Churches (WCC) and, at the invitation of the WCC, the World Evangelical Alliance (WEA), met during a period of 5 years to reflect and produce this document to serve as a set of recommendations for conduct on Christian witness around the world. This document does not intend to be a theological statement on mission but to address practical issues associated with Christian witness in a multi-religious world.
https://www.pcusa.org/resource/christian-witness-multi-religious-world-recommenda/
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 01:55:48 PM »
Voke, assuming you are right and practically don't want to prove Ellen G. White wrong, I need to inform you that taking a stand on masturbation is not a doctrinal statement. I have not seen masturbation in the Presbyterian websites. Instead of straining a gnat in Ellen G. White, why don't you take on the weightier matters of doctrine which she dealt with in her writings?

Matthew 23:23-25King James Version (KJV)

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

Here is one of the camels you have swallowed.
Aware of the tensions between people and communities of different religious convictions and the varied interpretations of Christian witness, the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue (PCID), the World Council of Churches (WCC) and, at the invitation of the WCC, the World Evangelical Alliance (WEA), met during a period of 5 years to reflect and produce this document to serve as a set of recommendations for conduct on Christian witness around the world. This document does not intend to be a theological statement on mission but to address practical issues associated with Christian witness in a multi-religious world.
https://www.pcusa.org/resource/christian-witness-multi-religious-world-recommenda/

Nuff Sed,
I still believe you can think outside White lunacy. I know it is a painful experience and I salute your attempts

First things first.
These are no ASSUMPTIONS my dear sista. Pope Ellen White was flat out wrong on the EFFECTS of masturbation. If you don't believe me, take this list to Loma Linda the only North American abortion hub and ask your own medical practitioners.

Secondly, this is no GNAT. I have on a different thread shared with you how highly regarded her writings were, she insisted they had THE TRUTH,that light shone from the throne of God, that God 'showed' her, that they are no OPINIONS and to insinuate such is rebelling against God. Your own sect's paraphernalia has been quoted, how you esteem her as BOTH inspired and infallible. When against ALL that one finds such glaring absurdities, you got to question. What inspired her? Was she inspired? Is it not blasphemy ascribing this atrocious foolishness to the only Wise and Holy God and His angels?

Many apologists have attempted to lamely excuse her by claiming she was illiterate and ignorant. But hey, so was the apostles. Once God seizes your faculties, you do exploits. Consider Peter on Pentecost. If the ONLY prophet to have ever happened on earth since 96 AD is capable of this bullsh*t, the ONLY infallible interpreter of NT and OT, what chance do I have with God?

Remember the same god/angel who gave her these 'health' messages gave her other teachings. You can't allow White to err on history, medicine or predictions while accommodating her doctrine. And she never drew a distinction between these. She contradicts REALITY,not science

Nuff Sed aka Daily Bread aka louvre,
Take off your White shades and run to Christ. I hope you can see the dangers of TRUSTING White to interpret scriptures for you. I will respond to ecumenism on its thread

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 02:24:23 PM »
The only persons who can prove Ellen G. White wrong on masturbation are those who have engaged in it for a specified period and not had the consequences mentioned. No doctor from Loma Linda or Presbytery Hospice can change that. Continue straining gnats while the camel digests in your gut.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecumenism
Led by Methodist layman John R. Mott (former YMCA staff and in 1910 the General Secretary of WSCF), the World Mission conference marked the largest Protestant gathering to that time, with the express purposes of working across denominational lines for the sake of world missions. After the First World War further developments were the "Faith and Order" movement led by Charles Henry Brent, and the "Life and Work" movement led by Nathan Soderblom. In the 1930s, the tradition of an annual World Communion Sunday to celebrate ecumenical ties was established in the Presbyterian Church and was subsequently adopted by several other denominations.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 02:25:35 PM »
The only persons who can prove Ellen G. White wrong on masturbation are those who have engaged in it for a specified period and not had the consequences mentioned. No doctor from Loma Linda or Presbytery Hospice can change that. Continue straining gnats while the camel digests in your gut.
Nuff Sed,
Masturbation is as old as humanity and medical science has researched all that is to be researched on it and I can assure you, Ellen White lost it totally. If you believe her, you may as well believe there are tall hunks swimming in Jupiter's hydrogen. Why do you have a pressing urge to defend the indefensible?

Let's aks Veritas to shed some light on masturbation and its effects.

Once again I will respond to your ecumenism rants on the appropriate thread.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 02:54:03 PM »
Nuff Sed,
Masturbation is as old as humanity and medical science has researched all that is to be researched on it and I can assure you, Ellen White lost it totally. If you believe her, you may as well believe there are tall hunks swimming in Jupiter's hydrogen. Why do you have a pressing urge to defend the indefensible?

You are imputing improper motives on Veritas and you know it.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 03:13:45 PM »
Nuff Sed,

You are imputing improper motives on Veritas and you know it.
Veritas has twice your IQ.
And ain't you imputing improper motives on Pope White? Was she a serial wanker by any chance? The amount of venom she poured on it is quite telling. Was she projecting? I hear most homophobes struggle with homosexuality  :lolz:

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 03:15:40 PM »
And ain't you imputing improper motives on Pope White? Was she a serial wanker by any chance?
I'll leave it to her to judge your statement. Ellen G. White did not write from experience but from inspiration. Isn't that why you are bringing this up in the first place?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 03:17:39 PM »
And ain't you imputing improper motives on Pope White? Was she a serial wanker by any chance?
I'll leave it to her to judge your statement. Ellen G. White did not write from experience but from inspiration. Isn't that why you are bringing this up in the first place?
So what 'inspired' her to see tall hunks in Jupiter?

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 03:19:05 PM »

To Strain a Gnat, by the Vokal Pope. Happy reading.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2015, 03:23:50 PM »

To Strain a Gnat, by the Vokal Pope. Happy reading.
Whatever inspired her was as intelligent as the 19th century men