Author Topic: Health Scam: Governors Corner Uhuru and Macharia  (Read 6380 times)

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Health Scam: Governors Corner Uhuru and Macharia
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 01:21:38 PM »
The counties are to pay for the leasing. If the machines had been donations from the national govt, there would had been no discussions. This is not the case as the counties are to pay each 95M Ksh. per year. Total in a year 4.5B Ksh. Total for the 7 years leasing period 32B ksh.
This amounts to national govt dictating the health budget of the counties.

EACC and Auditor General should do their job and give it a clean bill of health or not.The national gov can always buy counties or kenyans anything. Counties should not be forced to sign if they do not want to. Ultimately the money belong to the public and therefore parliament, senate, EACC, Auditor General and everyone else...should do their job..to protect public interest.

If Macharia has eaten..let it be known.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2015, 01:56:01 PM »
I'm not sure about the maths in that staggering deal (more reason to be circumspect and demand audit) but Jaindi Kisero seem to think the national gov got a good deal from the best medical manufacturers. 95M per annum...is leasing arrangement. Definitely Macharia and Uhuruto did a poor job consulting the governors.
http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/-hospital-equipment-leasing-deal/-/440808/2738002/-/966muxz/-/index.html

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2015, 02:00:54 PM »
Pundit and Kadudu

Yes, the National Government can extend grants to the Counties. I believe the High Court settled this matter in the CDF case. However the grant cannot cause the county to incur unnecessary expenses. This arrangement is not exactly a grant. It also has the potential of interfering with revenue sharing by allowing the National government to reduce the amount due to counties in order to pay for the equipment.

Governors are right to demand assurances. Yes I agree that the AG (Auditor) should look in to it. Sadly we lack a key office that I keep on mentioning: Inspector General. We can make ours truly independent and expand his role to such things as compliance with the Diversity requirements.

The reason is simple: The AG and EACC are undertakers. The IG would be a doctor.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2015, 02:06:53 PM »
Ok. first, thanks for the article. It is brief and to the point.

I agree with him that the PR and consultation was not done. Clearly Macharia must be new in Project or Program Management. He skipped an important stage and it is predictably derailing his project.

If you examine what Jaindi says and what the CoG (Ruto) says, you will find some strange linkage. Ruto is asking for the information which Jaindi seems to already have.
I'm not sure about the maths in that staggering deal (more reason to be circumspect and demand audit) but Jaindi Kisero seem to think the national gov got a good deal from the best medical manufacturers. 95M per annum...is leasing arrangement. Definitely Macharia and Uhuruto did a poor job consulting the governors.
http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/-hospital-equipment-leasing-deal/-/440808/2738002/-/966muxz/-/index.html
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2015, 03:07:26 PM »
There is need for more information about this. I have to agree with Veritas that we shouldn't politicize some things. I'm still somewhat trusting Macharia.

I agree with him that the PR and consultation was not done. Clearly Macharia must be new in Project or Program Management. He skipped an important stage and it is predictably derailing his project.

If you examine what Jaindi says and what the CoG (Ruto) says, you will find some strange linkage. Ruto is asking for the information which Jaindi seems to already have.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2015, 03:29:16 PM »
What is being referred to as "politicization" is the sober request for information as seen by the letter by the governors. The Uhuru GOK response blaming CORD started the politics.

The governors cannot be blamed for asking to get enough information before signing.

Jaindi says they will not be paying and that it is the National government that will pay. This is strange considering Health is devolved and there can only be a finite amount of the National Revenue spent on Health. Is Gok then increasing the amount spent on health? Because if it stays as before (including the regular annual increment) then the Counties would lose money.

Why didn't Macharia consult the counties before going ahead to sign the deal? That tender was floated twice. The first one was cancelled after it emerged that the bidding terms were tailor-made for certain companies. So Macharia had enough time to sensitize counties and obtain stakeholder views. He did not
There is need for more information about this. I have to agree with Veritas that we shouldn't politicize some things. I'm still somewhat trusting Macharia.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2015, 09:26:45 PM »
Yes. Mutual us the man!!!
He delivered.

That deal smell fishy..i think Macharia is upto no good with that kshs 38B. Why can't national gov concentrate on their job. Fund national hospitals. Or heck build them. KNH is a mess. Leave counties to do their own thing using their own ideas..Machakos delivered 70 Ambulance with meagre resources..give them 120M every year..and they'll know what to do.