Author Topic: Julius yego in terrific form as he throws an incredible 91 meters.  (Read 2348 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
That is all time 9 best throw and the best throw in last 10yrs. At the rate of his improvement..Yego can nick the world record (99m) soon.

http://www.iaaf.org/news/report/yego-javelin-birmingham

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02t80p2

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: Julius yego in terrific form as he throws an incredible 91 meters.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 02:21:54 PM »
Congrats. He is going places. I just hope he disciplines himself; Avoid womanizing, drinking in excess and know that he got where he is by sacrifice and the day he stops is the day the glory goes! Javelin Throwers ( I never understood why they are not called "Javeliners") last very long and improve with age.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 02:46:41 PM »
His progression is staggering. It an eye opener for many young lads out there.
Congrats. He is going places. I just hope he disciplines himself; Avoid womanizing, drinking in excess and know that he got where he is by sacrifice and the day he stops is the day the glory goes! Javelin Throwers ( I never understood why they are not called "Javeliners") last very long and improve with age.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 03:15:42 PM »
The persons who have invested in such "rare" sports have benefited. We use a lot of money on football in which we perform poorly and look down on athletics but kneel down before the athletics millionaires.

I hope the county governments can invest in non traditional sports such as table and lawn tennis, high jump, discuss and yes Javelin. I would like to see swimming promoted countrywide. Most Kenyans Termie and Moonki's age cannot swim.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 06:51:48 PM »
The persons who have invested in such "rare" sports have benefited. We use a lot of money on football in which we perform poorly and look down on athletics but kneel down before the athletics millionaires.

I hope the county governments can invest in non traditional sports such as table and lawn tennis, high jump, discuss and yes Javelin. I would like to see swimming promoted countrywide. Most Kenyans Termie and Moonki's age cannot swim.
Hehehe...I know a couple.  I think mainly folks from Rift Valley.  Something about large bodies of water does not sit well with them.  There is this guy who freaks out just walking by Chicago River.

Javelin is a strange sport.  Congrats to the man anyhow.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 07:16:30 PM »
Most Kenyans Termie and Moonki's age cannot swim.

Playing in water is an activity for children; grown men ought to focus on serious things.    Javelin on the other hand is worthy of support, given its practical "defensive" worth: imagine being able to spear an enemy at a distance of  100 metres.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.