Author Topic: South African Visas: Why Beg? Retaliate and move on  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
South African Visas: Why Beg? Retaliate and move on
« on: June 04, 2015, 07:41:11 PM »
When a country imposes visas on another, the retaliation must be swift and fast. The main principle is to mirror the terms and conditions of the stringent partner. So when SA imposed visas on Kenyans, the MOF should have moved to mirror the same and impose visas on South Africans.

Kenya can go further and demand that visitors to South Africa transiting in Kenya must obtain transit visas or be turned back. The same can be extended to the South African Airlines personnel, Diplomats etc.

You do that and you see how fast they will ask for negotiations.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: South African Visas: Why Beg? Retaliate and move on
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 02:32:47 PM »
Omollo,

I don't see the leverage Kenya has.  With tourism down, they could use all the visitors from down South.  You have consider that they have the same attractions in their own country.

If they make it hard, the South African can move on elsewhere not far from Kenya.  TZ comes to mind.  Retaliating seems mindless and Jubileesque.  Form over substance.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 10:50:14 PM »
Kenya needs South Africa more than South Africa needs Kenya. We must not try to punch above our weight otherwise we will be left with a bloodied nose.

Kenya should continue negotiating

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 02:01:50 AM »
When a country imposes visas on another, the retaliation must be swift and fast. The main principle is to mirror the terms and conditions of the stringent partner. So when SA imposed visas on Kenyans, the MOF should have moved to mirror the same and impose visas on South Africans.

Kenya can go further and demand that visitors to South Africa transiting in Kenya must obtain transit visas or be turned back. The same can be extended to the South African Airlines personnel, Diplomats etc.

You do that and you see how fast they will ask for negotiations.

Omollo, I agree.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2015/05/12/arrest-of-migrants-condemned-after-south-africa-xenophobia-attacks
"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 02:09:27 PM »
Did you know that countries that impose visa's on visitors receive more tourists than the public toilets you enter and leave at will?
Kenya needs South Africa more than South Africa needs Kenya. We must not try to punch above our weight otherwise we will be left with a bloodied nose.

Kenya should continue negotiating
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread