Author Topic: can Africa benefit from like of Ngugi and Micere or are they like Omollo et al  (Read 1195 times)

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Is there a place for the likes of Ngugi or they should just stay abroad,send the dollars, build literary empires  .......

give us the righteous, idealistic ideas, lectures, editorials once in a while ....... 
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
The African can benefit from healthy dose of idealism to guide his behavior.  And also if he picked up a random book and read. 

Websites like www.omollosview.com.  We need more of those.  Not less.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
I actually spend more time in my home village than some of the Nairobi animals here.

When there is an emergency in Ushago like when my father died, the Nairobi rubble were informed six hours earlier. By the time they had gone around collecting money ya rambi rambi and the like, I had obtained my leave, booked and thanks to frequent flier points jumped the queue to the first plane out. I made one connection before dropping in Nairobi and flying to Ushago KQ.

The Nairobi crew arrived and found I had taken care of everything and they could hide their rambi rambi money and think themselves very clever!

I connected everyone in my village to stima. Personal funds combined with private donors I have known over the years. When KPC decided to frustrate it all with blackouts and extortion, I started a biogas and solar project. The biogas is complete but solar inaendelea. I was a late comer to it. I had to take a trip to China and consult a lot. We finally figured out a hybrid system combining Solar, Windmill, An ordinary generator and of course KPC. These work in tandem.

We got free water, lighting and cooking.

Repercussions: The local politicians eye me suspiciously and I can no longer move freely as they think I want to go to parliament to steal or starve as they do. We have faced sabotage. People have been paid to ruin the close knit community. There has been sponsored theft of solar panels and the sabotaging of batteries by short circuiting connections.

Now add the long list of young people I educate; Schools I have renovated and expanded Gonya and I wonder what you Nairobi guys with the selfish attitude and hatred of the poor who you call "lazy" have contributed! Rambi rambi money is chewed.... how could ... wacha tu!
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread