Author Topic: On low blood pressure: anyone have it ?  (Read 1979 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
On low blood pressure: anyone have it ?
« on: May 14, 2015, 06:42:22 AM »
I checked my pulse twice just then and nearly choked on my tongue.

My blood pressure is 97/51. I'm using an Omron which is considered the medical standard for BP products. I checked again and it was 91/51. I've always had low blood pressure and I attribute that to my mellow self, but I'm starting to think maybe I should take BP tabs. I feel perfectly fine though. Maybe I'm not getting enough blood to my brain hence the occasional slurred speech and slow reaction to situations. Like yesterday I spent about half an hour picking out a scarf I'll never wear. Cutest thing ever. Could my low blood pressure be causing memory loss ? Sometimes I can't even remember what was in front of me just a second a go.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
Re: On low blood pressure: anyone have it ?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 02:49:05 PM »
I checked my pulse twice just then and nearly choked on my tongue.

My blood pressure is 97/51. I'm using an Omron which is considered the medical standard for BP products. I checked again and it was 91/51. I've always had low blood pressure and I attribute that to my mellow self, but I'm starting to think maybe I should take BP tabs. I feel perfectly fine though. Maybe I'm not getting enough blood to my brain hence the occasional slurred speech and slow reaction to situations. Like yesterday I spent about half an hour picking out a scarf I'll never wear. Cutest thing ever. Could my low blood pressure be causing memory loss ? Sometimes I can't even remember what was in front of me just a second a go.
Why would you take BP meds when you have low BP? Meds are for people with high BP. Some people normally have low BP which is considered in the 97-99 SBP. You are way lower at 91 and need to bring it up. Try drinking lots of fluids coz you maybe dehydrated, especially if you also drink coffee which is a gets rid of excess body water. Low BP or dehydration can cause, memory loss, dizziness and you can even pass out. Also try checking BP in both arms to be sure.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 03:01:43 PM »
Veritas
Thats a very good number. Its borderline. As long as you don't feel dizzy when you get up from a sitting position. Percussion to the brain may be limited causing brain fog. As Mya said, drink at least a glass of liquid daily.
BTW the only correct time to check BP is first thing in the morning.
Have your hemoglobin levels checked.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 09:53:53 PM »
Mya, true.. I guess I should get a thorough analysis. Maybe I have a dysfunctional thyroid+hormones. I absolutely need to drink more.

Parkerpen, yup I need to exercise and drink more liquids. Could be my sedentary lifestyle...

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 10:31:29 PM »
Close your eyes and imagine a tender moment with me holding your hand.   That should get the blood pressure up real quick.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 02:30:39 AM »
 :rolleyes: