Author Topic: The 'Remnant church'  (Read 10185 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
The 'Remnant church'
« on: April 15, 2015, 10:37:24 AM »

In Noah's day the ark was the place of safety, of salvation. Noah built one ark. Those who heeded the call to come out of the danger zone, to come out of superstition, unbelief, rebellion, went in and were saved. Just as Noah's ark was the only place of safety, of salvation, for the people of the antediluvian world, "the remnant church," the Seventh-day Adventist Church, is the only visible place or organization that God has designated as the place of safety, of salvation, for the people of our day.
https://www.ministrymagazine.org/archive/1970/06/the-remnant-church
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: The 'Remnant church'
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 11:22:55 AM »
We have never taught that Adventists alone are saved;
Really?  :ecomcity: :ecomcity:

What's the difference between 'visible' and 'invisible' church?

Also today, God has faithful people in all churches, including the Catholic Church. 12 Salvation is not guaranteed through church membership in any church; we are saved as individuals, not as a church.
So, why should I be an SDA?
Gbam!
SDAs are special, 'remnant','only visible place/organization designated by God as a place of safety and salvation' BECAUSE of the 'inspiration' of Ellen White!

So remnancy is simply adherence to EGW writings.

https://www.ministrymagazine.org/archive/2013/02/the-remnant-church

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 11:46:51 AM »
June 1942
What is the difference between Catholicism and SDA? Let's aks Froom . Note 'remnant church'=SDA, Spirit of Prophecy is EGW writings

. In contrast, the remnant church soundly and Scripturally finds its anchorage and security in the counsels of the prophetic gift in her midst known as the Spirit of prophecy.

Now this is funny; SDA attacking 'Papal infallibility' while defending EGW inspiration and inerrancy

https://www.ministrymagazine.org/archive/1942/06/editorial-keynotes

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 11:51:14 AM »
This is indeed a fundamental post. It takes somebody outside SDA to give such a perspective (for example, that from the outside, it looks as if EGW is to SDA what Pope is to the Catholic). I'll deal with the observation from one of the main questions you have asked about the visible and invisible churches.

God's visible church is a well-elaborated Protestant theology, which differentiates between the church we see (organized denominations like SDA, Catholic - though some question their Christianity, Methodist, Presbyterian, Anglican etc). I like the way Wikipedia puts it in context.

John Calvin described the church invisible as "that which is actually in God's presence, into which no persons are received but those who are children of God by grace of adoption and true members of Christ by sanctification of the Holy Spirit... [it] includes not only the saints presently living on earth, but all the elect from the beginning of the world." He continues in contrasting this church with the church scattered throughout the world. "In this church there is a very large mixture of hypocrites, who have nothing of Christ but the name and outward appearance..." (Institutes 4.1.7)

Does the Bible support this theology of a visible and an invisible church? Yes. In Revelation 18 we see God calling His people out of Babylon (the whore, and by extension her whorish daughters).

Rev 18
Revelation 18:3-5King James Version (KJV)
3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

This verse is read parallel with Rev 13 in which we see the whore deceiving the nations. The visible church is subjected to persecution (knowing that Sunday law is Rome's boasted mark of authority, blue laws fulfill this prophecy quite well and a future fulfilment is yet to come).

Rev 13
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Just like Elijah didn't know there were 7,000 other believers God had hidden from Jezebel (I Kings 19:18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.) Neither Jezebel nor the prophet knew these believers existed. In other words, they were faithful but invisible. God's visible church was Elijah.

Now let's bring it down to the pet subject - why Adventists see themselves as the "remnant church". We shall deal with this question from Paul's perspective in the next post.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 12:08:17 PM »
Continuing from the previous post on the remnant church, we shall examine the Adventist claim that they are the remnant of God. It's an audacious claim indeed, as a non-Adventist would say. Let us look at the concept of the "remnant" from the beginning. Where does it come from?

The KJV lists about 90 references to the word "remnant" in Biblegateway. I'll pick just a few to illustrate:

Jeremiah 23:2-4King James Version (KJV)
2 Therefore thus saith the Lord God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord.
3 And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.
4 And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the Lord.

Ezekiel also foretold of a remnant being restored.
Prophet Ezekiel 14:22 Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth, both sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth unto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, even concerning all that I have brought upon it.

Prophet Amos defines the remnant from the perspective of its responsibility in an evil world, throwing back the context to Joseph.
Amos 5:14-16King James Version (KJV)
14 Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the Lord, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.
15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the Lord God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.

Let me not dwell too much in the OT and jump straightaway to Revelation.
Revelation 12:16-17King James Version (KJV)
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

If you recall, John the Revelator also mentioned a woman in Rev 13 and Rev 18. From her description, she is evil (that's why God calls His people out of her). But this woman in Rev 12 is different. She is fought by the dragon (according to Rev 12, this is Satan himself), so it must be out of her virtue that she attracts the devil's wrath, for the devil is clever enough not to fight his own forces. Simply put, the woman of Rev 12 is the church of God; the whore of Rev 13 and 18 is Satan's church (he too has a church, for he loves to imitate God's ways, just like he has a spurious sabbath, Sunday, to imitate the Lord's Sabbath; he also has a kind of union, homosexuality, to imitate marriage as instituted by God).

But why does John refer to this virtuous woman as a remnant? From the context of the OT references, especially in I Kings, Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel, we can see that God's people, Israel, were once together as a nation, but due to invasion by other nations, they got scattered all over the world. There is also a spiritual sense arising from Elijah's experience with Jezebel. While people only saw Elijah as the faithful one contending for God against Baal's prophets, God has 7,000 people who had refused to bow down to false worship and idolatry as exemplified by Baal. Notice that Elijah himself didn't know they existed. And Jezebel neither, for she hunted down God's people including Elijah. Elijah was the "visible" church, while the 7,000 were "invisible". Of course, all were and are visible to God.

We will now look into what Paul says of the remnant in the next post.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 12:44:59 PM »
I thank God for revealing to us the connection between Elijah's experience and God's remnant in our time, and Paul is the prophet by whose words we will understand the meaning of the "remnant" today. We will also attempt to see whether Adventists are right to make the audacious claim that they are the "remnant."

Because Paul is so clear, I shall attempt to avoid explaining him.
Romans 11 King James Version (KJV)

1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,
3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Let me take you back to Revelation 12. The dragon (Satan) was pursuing this virtuous woman and unleashed a flood after her. And John calls her the remnant. Why? It would appear that God's visible church initially had many more people than the ones remaining in the name of this woman. Just like Israel was once a populous, prosperous nation, in the context of their captivity, the prophets refer to the remaining ones as the "remnant of Israel" or "the remnant of Joseph" according to Amos. And God says He will restore them.
Two things:
1. The remnant is a minority, part of a larger body, in this case, Israel. They are visible (can be seen and identified).
2. The remnant is faithful to God, and He seeks to restore them in fulfillment of His promise to the whole body, now only a pale shadow of its former self.

Unlike Israel, this remnant is not necessarily visible, and that is what Calvin stresses in the Wikipedia quote I used earlier. For example, the reformers were members of Rome, but only God knew they were His own. When Rome was persecuting "hereticks" it hunted them down just like in Rev 12 and unleashed a flood of persecutions against them. By the fagot, by the jaws of lions, they were hunted down and killed. History only partially records their numbers, for they were largely invisible to the world, but very visible to God.

This is why Paul's illustration is perfectly apt. We thank God for this prophecy, for Paul himself begins with a reference to Elijah's experience with Baal's prophets. God's people numbering 7,000 was a minority, quiet and invisible even to prophet Elijah. They were a minority because while most of Israel had bowed down to Baal (perhaps also on instigation by Jezebel and her prophets), they refused to bow their knees to Baal. Notice that in Paul's words, God had "reserved them to Myself." This brings us to Paul's reference to grace in Romans 11. In other words, these 7,000 men had not so much worked to be where they were. God in His own wisdom and love made them to refuse to bow down to Baal. That is grace in real life, and Paul brings the lesson right down to our time, the present day.

Many lessons for us.
1. In Christianity today, there is a visible church and an invisible church. The fact that God calls His people out of Babylon shows that while they remain faithful believers, Satan just like in Jezebel's time, has deceived them and held onto them with a vicious evil grip too strong for them. It takes the power and grace of God to bring them out of Babylon.

2. The visible church is a mixed crowd just like the crowd that left Egypt for Canaan, just like the crowd witnessing Elijah's confrontation with Baal's prophets in I Kings 18. While the church is the body of Christ and remains His bride, there are those in it who are there only by name. To these, He will say, "I never knew you." Like the wheat and the tares, Christ says let them grow together, for we finite men cannot see or judge right between wheat and tares, and in an attempt to weed out the tares we will pull out many wheat seedlings with them. It is not our work but God's.

3. The visible church was once faithful. The early church followed the truth in God's word. While the apostles lived, error was unlikely to creep into the church because they had the indwelling Holy Spirit to guide them, and they remembered Jesus' own words and saw His example. With time, the apostles died, and wolves came into the church to attack the sheep. They spewed doctrines of men, in the name of tradition, "apostolic practice", convenience and expedience and such things to woo the bride away from her Lord. Pagan practices like Sunday worship, adoration of saints, idolatry of every kind came in. The world had walked into the church and she had become a pale shadow of her former self.

We will continue with this explanation of Paul's perspective of the remnant in the next post, to see whether there is any credibility in the Adventist claim of being the remnant.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 01:09:57 PM »
This is the last of the sermonette on Romans 11 and the remnant.

In Romans 11, Paul takes us back to the confrontation on Mt Carmel between Elijah and Baal's prophets. Let me remind believers today. In our lives, we all have to come to Mt Carmel. Baal's prophets have been at work, and God has been at work too (Jesus says I work and My Father also works). Whether in family life, at work or in church, we all have a Mt Carmel moment. The question is, will you side with Baal's prophets for thirty pieces of silver, 15 minutes of fame, or stand with God's invisible church, in shame, pursued and hunted down by the Jezebels of this world? Where will you stand?

1. Christianity was once a small but united and loving, faithful lot. While the apostles lived, error of a spiritual kind could not be countenanced. But once the apostles left the scene, wolves came in to ravage the sheep. Clothed in woolly garb, they claimed the name of Christ but not His truth. They called themselves believers and wanted to inherit heaven, but didn't want anything to do with God's holy law. They accepted all He said where it was convenient, but when He says "Thou shalt not steal" they shied away in corruption. When He said "Six days shalt thou labor, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God" they gave a million excuses. Hadn't the Lord Himself pronounced the Ten Commandments? Hadn't He written them down with His own finger? Hadn't He given them to Moses to put IN the ark of the covenant? Hadn't He followed it up years later, coming down as a Man, to do them "as His custom was"?

Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Hadn't the apostles followed this example?
Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

2. Christianity broke into many parts, each group following its own dictates. But thank God, unbeknown to many, God by His grace has kept to Himself a remnant. Amen! Not for our righteousness, O God, but for your grace, have you kept your church faithful. Glory be to God and not man.

One of the institutions man has set up to rebel against God is Sunday worship. Like in I Kings 18, Satan has set up his spurious sabbath in direct defiance of God's law in order that he too be worshiped. He knows you won't follow him when he comes red in tooth and claw, so he comes in the name of God. White, smooth-talking, charity loving, goodly doing, humble lookingly, he has crept into the church. Thank God, like the wolf he truly is, when he speaks, every believer knows the voice. Christ too has a voice and He says "My sheep know my voice". Sunday is the one institution that Rome claims to have set up in defiance of God's law and the mark of her authority.

"Sunday is our MARK of authority...the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." 
- The Catholic Record of London, Ontario, Canada, September 1, 1923

Q. Have you any other way of proving that the church has power to institute festivals of precept?
A. Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her, she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday, the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday, the seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority.
The Papacy claims that it changed the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday and that Sunday or Sunday-keeping is its mark of authority and power. God's mark or sign of power, is Sabbath and Sabbath-keeping and the beast's sign or mark of power, is Sunday and Sunday-keeping.
- A Doctrinal Catechism by Stephen Keenan.

"You will tell me that Saturday was the Jewish Sabbath, but that the Christian Sabbath has been changed to Sunday. Changed! But by whom? Who has authority to change an express commandment of Almighty God? When God has spoken and said, 'Thou shalt keep holy the seventh day' who shall dare to say, nay, thou mayest work and do all manner of worldly business on the seventh day, but thou shalt keep holy the first day in its stead? This is a most important question which I know not how you can answer. You are a Protestant, and you profess to go by the Bible and the Bible only; and yet, in so important a matter as the observance of one day in seven as a holy day, you go against the plain letter of the Bible, and put another day in the place of that which He has commanded. The command to keep holy the seventh day is one of the ten commandments; you believe the other nine are still binding; who gave you authority to tamper with the fourth? If you are consistent with your own principle, if you really follow the Bible and the Bible only, you ought to be able to produce some portion of the New Testament in which this fourth commandment is expressly altered." 
- Library of Christian Doctrine, Burns and Oates, pages 3-4, London.

Rev 12
15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Notice the link between keeping the commandments and the claim to being a remnant. If you can find a church that keeps the commandments, that church can make the audacious claim to be the remnant, not for its righteousness (for in it is indeed a mixed crowd), but because God's word says there remains a remnant of the virtuous woman's seed. As long as the Adventist church keeps the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ, the Bible calls them "the remnant of her seed." The reference to a woman's seed is prophetic, for Christ Jesus was born of the virgin Mary, and all who follow Him in truth are His remnant.

To God be the glory! Amen.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 02:05:16 PM »
Nuff Sed,
You must really like the smell of your BS.
first, you quote Wikipedia's SDA entry which means that's an extension of your sewerline 8)

Next, from your own garbage, you regurgitate your mantra of 'commandments of God means 10-Commandments' again YOUR own definition.

And finally you identified yourself from Revelation as keepers of 10 commandment and possessors of 'testimony of Jesus' which you conveniently ignored to remind us is EGW writings.

So a remnant is a ten commandment keeper and an adherent of EGW.

This point is made clear in the Ministry article I shared above. In short I have to keep 10 commandments and believe Nuff Sed descended from an ape in order to join the remnant  :lolz: :lolz:

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 02:44:03 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_church

I'm not an expert in these things but if you could show how that Wikipedia entry is owned by SDA I would take them very seriously and, hopefully, in the process, you too.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 02:53:50 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_church

I'm not an expert in these things but if you could show how that Wikipedia entry is owned by SDA I would take them very seriously and, hopefully, in the process, you too.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 03:08:21 PM »
See if your posts resonate with anything on this entry
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remnant_(Seventh-day_Adventist_belief)

[/quote]

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 03:08:52 PM »
Jeremiah 23:2-4King James Version (KJV)
2 Therefore thus saith the Lord God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord.
3 And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.
4 And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the Lord.

Matthew 25 also tells of two groups of people waiting for the Lord's return. Both groups (foolish and wise virgins) claim to be believers. There is also the parable of the foolish servant who hid the talent, and the wise ones who multiplied theirs. Also the parable of the Lord's return (goats and sheep). The visible church is a mixed lot.

The clincher is in Matthew 24 and is a parable on endtime persecution by fellow believers.

Matthew 24
45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 03:19:47 PM »
There are several versions of the remnant theology in that Wikipedia entry. I agree with the ones that quote the same texts as I did (specifically Rev 12 on the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus). I hope it's not owned by SDA as some AD Hominem pastors are wont to believe.

See if your posts resonate with anything on this entry
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remnant_(Seventh-day_Adventist_belief)

[/quote]

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 03:26:35 PM »
Remnant theology is too advanced,too deep for simpleton EGW to concoct. She was busy fantasizing your ancestors raping chimps to sire you and tall men on Jupiter.

Note I never claimed she cooked it or even questioned it. My point was REMNANCY is defined as subscription to EGW writings in their entirety.

Could you kindly walk me through how you hop to  'testimony of Jesus' being Ellen White Writings?

Revelation 19:10 (EGW-V)

10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is Ellen Gould White writings.

There are several versions of the remnant theology in that Wikipedia entry. I agree with the ones that quote the same texts as I did (specifically Rev 12 on the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus). I hope it's not owned by SDA as some AD Hominem pastors are wont to believe.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 03:41:54 PM »
I don't engage in ad hominem so our unequal footing disqualifies me from discussing biblical matters on your terms. Amos 3:3

You can call EGW names, drag the name of Adventists through the mud but your childish trifling with God's word is unacceptable to me. We will not debate spiritual matters to any meaningful extent as long as you thrive in hurling invective and seeing EGW at every corner.

Remnant theology is too advanced,too deep for simpleton EGW to concoct. She was busy fantasizing your ancestors raping chimps to sire you and tall men on Jupiter.

Note I never claimed she cooked it or even questioned it. My point was REMNANCY is defined as subscription to EGW writings in their entirety.

Could you kindly walk me through how you hop to  'testimony of Jesus' being Ellen White Writings?

Revelation 19:10 (EGW-V)

10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is Ellen Gould White writings.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 03:51:51 PM »
So,
What have you been discussing all this while, unbiblical matters? :lolz: :lolz:

Show me one thing I have said that is false about EGW

I don't engage in ad hominem so our unequal footing disqualifies me from discussing biblical matters on your terms. Amos 3:3

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 04:01:27 PM »
You have brought up her name, saying she was fantasizing about raping chimps and all, yet at the same time you say she did not bring up the remnant theology as it was too deep for her. So why drag her name into the debate unless you have some ulterior motive? I was interested in the aspect of the visible and the invisible church and stated as much. I have explained it using the Bible and not even from Adventist doctrine or EGW writings (though I could have done both). I shall leave you to fight the dead on your own.

So,

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 04:09:08 PM »
Remnant theology is too deep for somebody who thinks Nuff Sed is a descendant of mountain gorillas. I have given you more than sufficient proof that this is exactly what she thought about you. I have also given you proof of her 3 Jupiter moons. Since God cannot lie, who told her these lies? What spirit lied about origins of the Negro and the number of Jupiter moons?

Every time you see the words 'testimony of Jesus' and "
'Spirit of prophecy' you see Ellen White writings. A casual glance at your sect teachings confirm this. Look at this resolution
http://www.adventist.org/information/official-statements/documents/article/go/0/resolution-on-the-spirit-of-prophecy/

Why are you embarrassed of your faith?

Before spamming threads please pretend to understand what is going on.
Nobody needs your version of invisible, translucent and visible church. It is clear that the distinction between remnant and 'others' is EGW writings. If you really had to, you could have agreed or differed with this statement. Who asked you for remnant theology? Who asked you to remind us that SDAs see Ten Commandments whenever the word commandment is mentioned? This is far from you usual echo chambers. Please bring sense or zip it 8)

You have brought up her name, saying she was fantasizing about raping chimps and all, yet at the same time you say she did not bring up the remnant theology as it was too deep for her. So why drag her name into the debate unless you have some ulterior motive? I was interested in the aspect of the visible and the invisible church and stated as much. I have explained it using the Bible and not even from Adventist doctrine or EGW writings (though I could have done both). I shall leave you to fight the dead on your own.

So,

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 04:31:30 PM »
What's your point? Mara you want my views, then you say who asked for my views on remnant theology. Mara you want my view, then when you get them you dismiss them as Adventist, from EGW, from sewers or from a simpleton. You even claimed that Adventists had inserted a Wikipedia entry on remnant theology. Why do you think so few people are engaging you on spiritual matters? Is it not because they cannot reconcile such contradictions in a protestant pastor? Do you know what you really want?

And don't tell me about being embarrassed about my faith when you can't mention yours even in passing.

Remnant theology is too deep for somebody who thinks Nuff Sed is a descendant of mountain gorillas. I have given you more than sufficient proof that this is exactly what she thought about you. I have also given you proof of her 3 Jupiter moons. Since God cannot lie, who told her these lies? What spirit lied about origins of the Negro and the number of Jupiter moons?

'Spirit of prophecy' you see Ellen White writings. A casual glance at your sect teachings confirm this. Look at this resolution
http://www.adventist.org/information/official-statements/documents/article/go/0/resolution-on-the-spirit-of-prophecy/

Nobody needs your version of invisible, translucent and visible church. It is clear that the distinction between remnant and 'others' is EGW writings. If you really had to, you could have agreed or differed with this statement. Who asked you for remnant theology? Who asked you to remind us that SDAs see Ten Commandments whenever the word commandment is mentioned? This is far from you usual echo chambers. Please bring sense or zip it 8)

So,

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 04:36:06 PM »
When I need your opinion, I make it VERY clear. When you volunteer to spam with unsolicited garbage, it's a bit boring

Please walk me through how 'spirit of prophecy' used in Revelation in 96AD means Ellen White writings 1800 years later.

Thanks

What's your point? Mara you want my views, then you say who asked for my views on remnant theology. Mara you want my view, then when you get them you dismiss them as Adventist, from EGW, from sewers or from a simpleton. You even claimed that Adventists had inserted a Wikipedia entry on remnant theology. Why do you think so few people are engaging you on spiritual matters? Is it not because they cannot reconcile such contradictions in a protestant pastor? Do you know what you really want?

And don't tell me about being embarrassed about my faith when you can't mention yours even in passing.

So,