Author Topic: University of Oklahoma Expels two Fraternity students chanting the nigger-word  (Read 11250 times)

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
https://instagram.com/p/z_dLMYIa4H/

Sigma Alpha Epilson brothers of University of Oklahoma (@uofoklahoma) caught on tape singing the follow chant lyrics:
?
"There will never be a nigger at #SAE
There will never be a nigger at #SAE
You can hang'em from a tree,
but they'll never sign with me.
There will never be a nigger at #SAE

Meanwhile their Non-Description Policy reads: The Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age or physical or mental disability, religion, marital status, military status, order of protection status and unfavorable military discharge. It's been said the chapter is under investigation (@uofoklahoma).

http://www.wsj.com/articles/university-of-oklahoma-president-expels-two-he-says-identified-as-leading-racist-chant-1426008502
"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
The fact that I find this utterly unsurprising is really depressing.  :(

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
I think that is protected speech.  First amendment.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar

The First Amendment guarantees your right to say whatever stupid sh$t you want to say. It does not and will never keep you from having to deal with consequences of saying awful things.

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
Originally Posted by CNN

The school President said he's done with SAE at Oklahoma.

"The house will be closed, and as far as I'm concerned, they won't be back,"

Here is the article.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/10/us/oklahoma-racist-chant/index.html

BTW, this is the biggest story on social media in United States

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar

The First amendment guarantees your right to say whatever stupid shat you want to say. It does not and will never keep you from having to deal with consequences of saying awful things.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
Originally Posted by CNN

Here is the article.

The place was shut down as soon as the story broke. Whats more amazing is that the only cook in that building was a black man and according to him, he considered them family....I am assuming based on how they treated him. Now he is out of a job and leaving on donations from well wishers. Whats interesting is that this issue seem to be a theme among most of these fraternities. One was even hanging that confederate flag in its dorm room in clear view of the public and no one in the whole campus ever brought it up. To me shutting them down, is like putting lipstick on a pig....the root of the problem has to be addressed nationwide in these fraternities or disband all. Such blatant acts of bigotry have until recently mostly been done in private and I really expected it from much older white folks, but college kids, with all the exposure and the increased diversity, in 2015 on broad daylight.......I was speechless.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
Originally Posted by CNN

Here is the article.

The place was shut down as soon as the story broke. Whats more amazing is that the only cook in that building was a black man and according to him, he considered them family....I am assuming based on how they treated him. Now he is out of a job and leaving on donations from well wishers. Whats interesting is that this issue seem to be a theme among most of these fraternities. One was even hanging that confederate flag in its dorm room in clear view of the public and no one in the whole campus ever brought it up. To me shutting them down, is like putting lipstick on a pig....the root of the problem has to be addressed nationwide in these fraternities or disband all. Such blatant acts of bigotry have until recently mostly been done in private and I really expected it from much older white folks, but college kids, with all the exposure and the increased diversity, in 2015 on broad daylight.......I was speechless.

Sad but true, these racists who hate asians, blacks and latinos will end up in positions of power where they will have the ability to affect thousands of lives, including people they would have hanged on a tree.

I will post more after our breakfast. We landed in Chicago last night and planning to go to Willis tower aka Skydeck today (tallest building in United States formerly known as Sears tower).

It's 63 fahrenheit (17.2 celsius) today in Chicago  :D

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar