Author Topic: My Testimony  (Read 10692 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
My Testimony
« on: March 10, 2015, 09:31:27 AM »
Nuff Sed aka Daily Bread aka DB
Here
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: My Testimony
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 02:51:29 PM »
I'm wondering what Daily Bread is supposed to see here. Everywhere you trawl the net will give you formers. Former atheists, former catholics, former baptists, former methodists, former nipateans.... Are you Troi Andreola?

Here
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 04:52:19 PM »
I'm wondering what Daily Bread is supposed to see here. Everywhere you trawl the net will give you formers. Former atheists, former catholics, former baptists, former methodists, former nipateans.... Are you Troi Andreola?

Here
I think vooke is trying to kill two birds, Catholics, Adventists and any folks who claim to be the true church, with one stone.  My question to vooke would be, if he has ever heard of a Christian sect claiming to be phony version.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 10:31:07 PM »
Thank you for reading

Here
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 08:51:23 AM »
Church standards had never made sense to me--such as the hours of the Sabbath and not participating in certain activities on Sabbath; girls not allowed to wear pants while I was growing up; you could not eat meat but "vege-meat" filled with gluten, salt and fat was acceptable; Disney movies were OK in the school gymnasium but not in the theaters; reading any books that were not published by SDA publishing companies was discouraged; it was ingrained in me to not associate with those who did not belong to the local church or school. While at boarding academy I remember that the length of my skirt--no more than two inches off the floor when kneeling--was of more importance to the faculty than the condition of my heart; again it was all about works and what looked right, not about a relationship with Jesus. Discussions of what could or could not be done and Sabbath keeping regulations took any joy out of the day. Many things at home, school, and church were about how it looked to others, what we did when, and who saw it.

Everything was all about what looked right rather than the true condition of your heart. Adventists excel in enforcing the behavior, the works, and the looks, while glossing over the controversial core beliefs and doctrines. They teach members enough proof texts, often taken out of context, to explain the Sabbath, proper things to eat, and soul sleep. While the church covers up the discrepancies and other relevant details such as what the Bible unquestionably teaches Christians and what mainstream Christianity believes. While the prophet EGW's false teachings and the truth about the history and heritage of the SDA church are overlooked. I learned to be careful not to disappoint my angel or go anywhere he wouldn't (movie theater, bowling alley etc.) which also fed into the looks and works mentality. Reading about Satan, the constant references to his demonic activities (mentioned 9,956 in Ellen G. White writings compared to only 47 times in the Bible) the constant battle between good and evil mentioned repetitively in EGW writings fed many fears and uncertainties. As a child, I (Judy) was taught that angels were recording every word, thought, and deed that this information one day would be used to determine if I was worthy for salvation during the investigative judgment. Somehow I began to be petrified of Satan appearing like my late grandmother and trying to convince me that my SDA beliefs were wrong, and I constantly rehearsed how I would respond should that happen. I learned that Jesus died to forgive my sins; BUT I needed to continue working exceedingly hard, doing right, and daily confessing sins to keep that sin blotted out of the books of heaven. Again, it was not all wrong, but as with anything, along with sound the false was added. These are just a few of my memories.

http://www.formeradventist.com/stories/shewmake.html

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 11:54:32 AM »
What's the point? Name your church and we'll help you find more testimonies. Thanks still, I've found a gem here: https://archive.org/stream/historyofprotest01wyli/historyofprotest01wyli_djvu.txt
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 12:45:48 PM »
Hello Nuff Sed
What's the point? Name your church and we'll help you find more testimonies. Thanks still, I've found a gem here: https://archive.org/stream/historyofprotest01wyli/historyofprotest01wyli_djvu.txt