Author Topic: The Lord's Day  (Read 114530 times)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: The Lord's Day
« Reply #180 on: March 18, 2015, 04:50:37 PM »
I'll remind you. You do not help your argument when you thrown in a zillion ad hominems.

I ask you again, any believer keeping the Sabbath can stand and say they do so on the basis of:
1. Genesis 2 - God rested on the Sabbath (Saturday), giving the Sabbath its meaning of rest.
2. The fourth commandment stating "remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy" - Exodus 20:8-11
3. What Jesus Christ did "as was His custom" - Luke 4:16
4. What Paul and other apostles did (biblical, scriptural apostolic practice or custom) - Acts 13:43-45

Rome says they keep Sunday because they claim have authority to transfer solemnity from Saturday to Sunday. In this regard they follow tradition (apostolic practice) and some unscriptural practices of "holy Fathers". They condemn (excommunicate, anathemize, vaporize) anybody keeping the Sabbath and expressly command that from 364AD anybody found keeping the Sabbath will be in trouble. Keep Sunday instead, or else.....

You have admitted after a meandering suicidal argument with many fishing expeditions that you observe Sunday in following tradition, just like Rome.

Now you claim the Holy Spirit has made you do it. Where in the Bible have you seen the Holy Spirit contradicting the commandment of God that He wrote with His own finger? Might you be under the influence of another spirit that also drives you to throw in ad hominem at every turn? Repent brother before that spirit leads you into the abyss.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #181 on: March 18, 2015, 05:18:09 PM »
I'll remind you. You do not help your argument when you thrown in a zillion ad hominem.
When you want to rebrand, try and be original. Use some brains as well. You gave yourself away as Nuff Sed,who do we blame?

I ask you again, any believer keeping the Sabbath can stand and say they do so on the basis of:
1. Genesis 2 - God rested on the Sabbath (Saturday), giving the Sabbath its meaning of rest.

2. The fourth commandment stating "remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy" - Exodus 20:8-11

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (ESV) 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

The SAME God who rested on Sabbath and sanctified it, and commanded us to keep it holy says, 'nobody should judge you over keeping the sabbath,new moons nor feasts'. But you may have a point if this is Paul's verbal diarrhea ;
Colossians 2:16-17 (KJV)
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ

What a tragedy,Sabbatarians are still chasing shadows (no pun) over 1900 years since these words was penned. There is a spirit called Deaf and Dumb

3. What Jesus Christ did "as was His custom" - Luke 4:16
Galatians 4:4-5 (ESV)
4 But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.

Jesus was born UNDER the Law, he was bound by the same Law till he nailed it to the cross. In fact he kept the Passover under 24 hours to his crucifixion 8). Not only did he keep the Sabbath, he also kept the feasts. Consistency in following your logic should lead you to circumcising your sons at day 8,keeping Jewish feasts and so forth

4. What Paul and other apostles did (biblical, scriptural apostolic practice or custom) - Acts 13:43-45
It is hypocritical to pretend to follow the apostles on Sabbath and then ignore them on other Jewish stuff they did. They went to the temple, kept feasts, offered sacrifices,took vows and circumcised

Rome says they keep Sunday because they claim have authority to transfer solemnity from Saturday to Sunday. In this regard they follow tradition (apostolic practice) and some unscriptural practices of "holy Fathers".

I have always believed am engaging a grown up, a woman, a mother so I was not expecting to repeat me. Nevertheless, for the love of Jesus Christ, Rome also says Mary is a perpetual virgin

They condemn (excommunicate, anathemize, vaporize) anybody keeping the Sabbath and expressly command that from 364AD anybody found keeping the Sabbath will be in trouble. Keep Sunday instead, or else.....
JUDAIZE is the word you need to learn today

You have admitted after a meandering suicidal argument with many fishing expeditions that you observe Sunday in following tradition, just like Rome.
Sunday fellowship is a tradition, I have never said it was anything else. It is expedient for vooke to fellowship on this day seeing most believers fellowship on Sunday. Otherwise it is a normal day like any other

Now you claim the Holy Spirit has made you do it.
That's a false accusation. Cease,desist and repent. The devil is the father of all lies. He your daddy?

Where in the Bible have you seen the Holy Spirit contradicting the commandment of God that He wrote with His own finger?
If God who gave circumcision and the Feasts for an everlasting covenant saying that they availeth NOTHING is a contradiction, you have a point.
Please drop that retarded 10-commandment vs the-rest BS

Might you be under the influence of another spirit that also drives you to throw in ad hominem at every turn? Repent brother before that spirit leads you into the abyss.

I find it decidedly ironical that you believe in spiritual gifts especially prophecy yet the ONLY person since John,for over 1900 years,who has ever had the gift is one EGW. The believers was sailing rudderless until she happened onto the scene. Funny enough, Mormons believe Joseph Smith was IT. Christian Scientists know not of nobody but Mary Eddy Baker. Can you see the similarities your sect share with Mormons and Christian Scientists?

You are following seducing spirits. read this verse again
1 Timothy 4:1 (KJV)
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth

The Spirit is speaking. Are you listening?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2015, 11:08:13 PM »
vooke,

I am inclined to believe the change happened in the early years of the church.  Before the Protestant Reformation.  It should be rather plain which group instigated the change.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2015, 02:23:24 PM »
Holy Spirit by the pen of Paul shows abrogation by telling me that esteeming ALL days alike or some more than others is NOTHING and I should make up my mind on this. Imagine if Nuff Sed fornicating/lesbianism was all up to her convictions :o
Romans 14:5 (ESV)
 5 One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind

I'm convinced you are writing under the influence of another spirit (speaking ad hominem in your ears as you write). Scriptures show us that the Holy Spirit can in under no circumstances contradict the word of God. Here you are telling us that some spirit has instructed you to sin (disobedience to express commandments is sin).
Expediency is no excuse for disobedience.
Jesus was born UNDER the Law, he was bound by the same Law till he nailed it to the cross.

I'll address the excuse of "Jesus was born under the law." It's what English calls a lame excuse. First, you need to clarify what you mean by born under the law. If you mean that he was subject to the law (and, by implication, claim that is the reason he kept the Sabbath), then you risk running into a theological slippery slope. It means, logically, that Jesus did not murder because he was under the law, and therefore, after the cross, it was perfectly alright to murder, steal, fornicate, abuse parents etc. You see why the verse is inapplicable?
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2015, 03:37:42 PM »
Nuff Sed,
Licked your wounds properly? Welcome back.
When Jesus was tempted by Satan, he resorted to the Word. So, you may take cue and resort to the same to refute what am saying or the spirit behind it. Calling me demon possessed is not helping either of us; if you who is 'Spirit-filled' cannot withstand my wisdom, then clearly you lack the power of God in you. A better idea is to cast out this spirit :)

The Holy Spirit can never and has never CONTRADICTED God. Holy Spirit is God and God can't contradict Himself. There is no contradiction nowhere save in the annals of deranged EGW and her blind sheeple.

The Spirit of the Living God says, 'let no man judge you over feasts,new,moon or sabbath'.

Jesus was born UNDER THE LAW. It means exactly that; as a Jew he was bound by the Law of Moses,the Torah. Take all your time in the SDA sewers and try and refute that.

Let me help you; murder and robbery with violence are illegal in Kenia. This means committing the same outside Kenia, the Kenian Laws are inapplicable. You are in a different jurisdiction. You are bound by the laws of the land say UG. Now, the two are also illegal in UG. So a Kenian committing either in UG while they may escape Kenian Laws, the UG Laws will deal with the, mercilessly.

Substitute Kenia and UG with the two covenants. Killing or adultery is sin in both NT and OT. Circumcision is a legal requirement of the OT but not of NT. Ditto Sabbath keeping 8)

Holy Spirit by the pen of Paul shows abrogation by telling me that esteeming ALL days alike or some more than others is NOTHING and I should make up my mind on this. Imagine if Nuff Sed fornicating/lesbianism was all up to her convictions :o
 5 One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind

I'm convinced you are writing under the influence of another spirit (speaking ad hominem in your ears as you write). Scriptures show us that the Holy Spirit can in under no circumstances contradict the word of God. Here you are telling us that some spirit has instructed you to sin (disobedience to express commandments is sin).
Jesus was born UNDER the Law, he was bound by the same Law till he nailed it to the cross.

I'll address the excuse of "Jesus was born under the law." It's what English calls a lame excuse. First, you need to clarify what you mean by born under the law. If you mean that he was subject to the law (and, by implication, claim that is the reason he kept the Sabbath), then you risk running into a theological slippery slope. It means, logically, that Jesus did not murder because he was under the law, and therefore, after the cross, it was perfectly alright to murder, steal, fornicate, abuse parents etc. You see why the verse is inapplicable?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2015, 03:53:29 PM »
Selective misapplication of verses to support Sunday worship

1. Colossians 2:16-17 (KJV)
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ

The emphasis is on the "shadow of things to come". The sabbath days referred to here are the ceremonial sabbaths that could fall on any day of the week (e.g. Passover on the 14th day of the month of Nisan, which could be on any day of the week). I have already explained it in a previous post on this thread that the Sabbath of the fourth commandment is different from ceremonial sabbaths (small 's') which is what Paul meant here. Compare various translations to see the difference.

2. Galatians 4:4-5 (ESV)
4 But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.

If you apply this to the Sabbath commandment, you must also apply it to other commandments like adultery, theft, idolatry and covetousness for consistency. In other words, you are saying Jesus did not steal before His crucifixion and after He was nailed to the cross, it was now ok to steal. That interpretation creates a theological conundrum you can't solve.

3.Romans 14:5 (ESV)

This verse tells nothing about the fourth commandment. Very strange coming from a person who consistently esteems Sunday above all other days.

4. Paul kept feasts and vows.
Acts 18:21 (KJV)
But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus

Acts 21:26 (ESV)
 26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day he purified himself along with them and went into the temple, giving notice when the days of purification would be fulfilled and the offering presented for each one of them.

This verse shoots the Sunday keeping protestant in his own foot. Paul circumcised Timothy, kept Jewish feasts and vows (twice, I'm corrected) to please the Jews and to remove any impediment of spreading the gospel among the Jews. It was not a commandment and does not amount to an abrogation of the fourth commandment. If it were so, we'd also say that evangelists must travel by ship, be shipwrecked and must be stoned half to death (all that happened to Paul). Not so with the fourth commandment. In Acts 13 the Bible records he kept the Sabbath with Gentiles (demolishing your earlier argument that NOBODY but Jews kept the Sabbath). There is no record of him doing so to please the Jews. In fact, Gentiles keeping the Sabbath in the synagogue (although they also met at other places, further demolishing the argument of expediency) was completely unacceptable to the Jews. Paul deals with the issue of circumcision adequately elsewhere and we have touched on this.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2015, 03:56:29 PM »

Nuff Sed,
Licked your wounds properly? Welcome back.
When Jesus was tempted by Satan, he resorted to the Word. So, you may take cue and resort to the same to refute what am saying or the spirit behind it. Calling me demon possessed is not helping either of us; if you who is 'Spirit-filled' cannot withstand my wisdom, then clearly you lack the power of God in you.

The Holy Spirit can never and has never CONTRADICTED God. Holy Spirit is God and God can't contradict Himself. There is no contradiction nowhere save in the annals of deranged EGW and her blind sheeple.

The Spirit of the Living God says, 'let no man judge you over feasts,new,moon or sabbath'.

Jesus was born UNDER THE LAW. It means exactly that; as a Jew he was bound by the Law of Moses,the Torah.

Take your time in the SDA sewers and try and refute that

You are possessed by the spirit of ad hominem. I have not seen anywhere that the Spirit of God inspires believers to abuse others (a breeze through this thread clearly shows spirit possession).

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2015, 03:59:54 PM »
Ok.
Now, cast it out

You are possessed by the spirit of ad hominem. I have not seen anywhere that the Spirit of God inspires believers to abuse others (a breeze through this thread clearly shows spirit possession).

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2015, 04:02:55 PM »
Selective misapplication verses to support Sunday worship

1. Colossians 2:16-17 (KJV)

The emphasis is on the "shadow of things to come". The sabbath days referred to here are the ceremonial sabbaths that could fall on any day of the week (e.g. Passover on the 14th day of the month of Nisan, which could be on any day of the week). I have already explained it in a previous post on this thread that the Sabbath of the fourth commandment is different from ceremonial sabbaths (small 's') which is what Paul meant here. Compare various translations to see the difference.

Wacha upus.
1. The 'shadow of things to come' is the descriptor of the things you have just been told that nobody should judge you on. Sabbath is included here
2. S or s is arbitrary.
3. Besides, if sabbaths refer to the feasts, what are the feasts? It extremely retarded to imagine that Paul is saying , ' don't nobody judge you about the Feast of Unleavened Bread OR it he sabbath of the feast of unleavened bread'. A feast would entail ALL days inside that feast including its sabbath.

The order is very clear; don't be judged on
1. Annual rituals- holy days/feasts
2.Monthly rituals- new moons
3. Weekly rituals- sabbaths

Compare this order as mentioned elsewhere

Isaiah 1:14 (ESV)
14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts

Hosea 2:11 (ESV)
11 And I will put an end to all her mirth,
her feasts, her new moons, her Sabbaths,

1 Chronicles 23:31 (ESV)
31 and whenever burnt offerings were offered to the Lord on Sabbaths, new moons, and feast days, according to the number required of them, regularly before the Lord

2 Chronicles 2:4 (ESV)
4 Behold, I am about to build a house for the name of the Lord my God and dedicate it to him for the burning of incense of sweet spices before him, and for the regular arrangement of the showbread, and for burnt offerings morning and evening, on the Sabbaths and the new moons and the appointed feasts of the Lord our God, as ordained forever for Israel.

2 Chronicles 8:13 (ESV)
13 as the duty of each day required, offering according to the commandment of Moses for

The last verse is actually quite generous in telling us what the feasts was. Nuff Sed indoctrinated brains is telling her that because we have plural Sabbaths, it is referring to SOME days of the three feasts

2. Galatians 4:4-5 (ESV)

If you apply this to the Sabbath commandment, you must also apply it to other commandments like adultery, theft, idolatry and covetousness for consistency. In other words, you are saying Jesus did not steal before His crucifixion and after He was nailed to the cross, it was now ok to steal. That interpretation creates a theological conundrum you can't solve. [/quote]

I have explained this above.

This verse tells nothing about the fourth commandment. Very strange coming from a person who consistently esteems Sunday above all other days. [/quote]

This verse grants allowance for esteeming ANY day to the Lord or esteeming all alike. This is licence for SDA observing Saturday, Ex-Muslims or Chriatians in Islamic states observing Furahiday AND vooke esteeming Sunday. That this matter is left to individual conviction means God is indifferent. Again, supposing it was down to Nuff Sed convictions to commit whoredom. Imagine

But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus

26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day he purified himself along with them and went into the temple, giving notice when the days of purification would be fulfilled and the offering presented for each one of them.

This verse shoots the Sunday keeping protestant in his own foot. Paul circumcised Timothy, kept Jewish feasts and vows (twice, I'm corrected) to please the Jews and to remove any impediment of spreading the gospel among the Jews. It was not a commandment and does not amount to an abrogation of the fourth commandment. If it were so, we'd also say that evangelists must travel by ship, be shipwrecked and must be stoned half to death (all that happened to Paul). Not so with the fourth commandment. In Acts 13 the Bible records he kept the Sabbath with Gentiles (demolishing your earlier argument that NOBODY but Jews kept the Sabbath). There is no record of him doing so to please the Jews. In fact, Gentiles keeping the Sabbath in the synagogue (although they also met at other places, further demolishing the argument of expediency) was completely unacceptable to the Jews. Paul deals with the issue of circumcision adequately elsewhere and we have touched on this.

You have assumed that Paul was trying to impress Jews by observing expired Laws. I can also assume that Sabbath keeping by the early church was purely a PR exercise! Expediency too;If Jews gather every Sabbath, a smart apostle would gather with them on Sabbath, reason with them on the day they are used to studying scriptures. Jesus went into the temple to reason with teachers because teachers was found in the temple. 8)

The gentiles never kept the commandment, they appealed to be preached to on Sabbath because that's when Jews was preaching. It's common sense. If a village vertinarian visits every Thursday, you would request that he visit you on Thursday

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2015, 04:15:06 PM »
JUDAIZE is the word you need to learn today

Today's protestant accuses Adventists of "judaizing." What does judaizing mean and where did it come from?

Judaize (in the context of the Sabbath).

The council of Laodicea states in cannon 29:

Christians must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather honouring the Lord's Day (Sunday); and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ.

In other words, keeping the Sabbath on Saturday amounts to "judaizing" but keeping Sunday (erroneously called the Lord's Day) is perfectly alright and even encouraged. If anybody is found to keep the Sabbath (Saturday) in accordance with the Fourth Commandment, they are guilty in Rome's eyes and are worthy of excommunication, anathema and total condemnation. They must honor Sunday instead, and in fact, do the things Jews did with the Sabbath (Saturday). To enforce this, people "must work on Saturday" and rest on Sunday instead. And a protestant would rather spend terabytes condemning Adventists with all kinds of ad hominem.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2015, 04:15:34 PM »

Sabbaterians are chasing shadows. I pity them together with those who attempt to cleanse they sins with animal blood
Today's protestant accuses Adventists of "judaizing." What does judaizing mean and where did it come from?

Judaize (in the context of the Sabbath).

The council of Laodicea states in cannon 29:

Christians must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather honouring the Lord's Day (Sunday); and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ.

In other words, keeping the Sabbath on Saturday amounts to "judaizing" but keeping Sunday (erroneously called the Lord's Day) is perfectly alright and even encouraged. If anybody is found to keep the Sabbath (Saturday) in accordance with the Fourth Commandment, they are guilty in Rome's eyes and are worthy of excommunication, anathema and total condemnation. They must honor Sunday instead, and in fact, do the things Jews did with the Sabbath (Saturday). To enforce this, people "must work on Saturday" and rest on Sunday instead. And a protestant would rather spend terabytes condemning Adventists with all kinds of ad hominem.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2015, 04:31:35 PM »
Wacha upus. The S or s is arbitrary. Besides, if sabbaths refer to the feasts, what are the feasts? It extremely retarded to imagine that Paul is saying , ' don't nobody judge you about the Feast of Unleavened Bread OR its sabbath'. A feast would entail ALL days inside that feast including the sabbath

The Sabbath was not a ceremonial feast day, some of which came only once a year. It was Saturday, the weekly rest day commanded by God in the fourth commandment.

This verse grants allowance for esteeming ANY day to the Lord or esteeming all alike. This is licence for SDA observing Saturday, Ex-Muslims or Chriatians in Islamic states observing Furahiday AND vooke esteeming Sunday. That this matter is left to individual conviction means God is indifferent. Again, supposing it was down to Nuff Sed convictions to commit whoredom. Imagine

You're reading out of context again. Romans 14 from verse 1 to verse 23 talks about eating and drinking (as Jews did during ceremonial feasts). This is consistent with Paul's counsel on circumcision. Why do you want to force in the Sabbath of the Fourth Commandment?

You have assumed that Paul was trying to impress Jews by observing expired Laws. I can also assume that Sabbath keeping by the early church was purely a PR exercise!

The gentiles never kept the commandment, they appealed to be preached to on Sabbath because that's when Jews was preaching. It's common sense. If a village vertinarian visits every Thursday, you would request that he visit you on Thursday

Acts 13 demolishes your argument publicly.
42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.
45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.

I'm still waiting to read a verse from you in which the Sabbath commandment was abrogated. If you stick with scripture, you will find little opportunity for ad hominem.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2015, 04:34:32 PM »
Clearly you have run out of arguments. Nothing new here that hasn't been effectively debunked. I hope you realize it is more than winning arguments. You have ran out of rebuttals. Whether sabbath was ceremonial or not, the same word in Colossians appears 10 times in the New Testament. In each but once, SDA contend it refers to weekly sabbath.

Let's go back to Romans.

Why would it be left to one's imagination to esteem a day? Is it left to your conviction to fornicate? What if your hubby wakes up totally convinced that he can sleep with your househelp?

Romans is clear...it is ESTEEMING A DAY ABOVE OTHERS not eating on some days. Esteeming means elevating, sanctifying. Paul addresses unity of believers and he tackles several things;
1. Diet
2. Days

He handles them separately so tell your retarded apologists to quit sidestepping the issue by mixing them up. I know you run behind the skirts of an animal called 'context' from the light of the gospel. Here is the point. Reading Romans backwards or even the entire bible does not change this simple fact; to God, esteeming a day above others or esteeming all alike is down to me.

Wacha upus. The S or s is arbitrary. Besides, if sabbaths refer to the feasts, what are the feasts? It extremely retarded to imagine that Paul is saying , ' don't nobody judge you about the Feast of Unleavened Bread OR its sabbath'. A feast would entail ALL days inside that feast including the sabbath

The Sabbath was not a ceremonial feast day, some of which came only once a year. It was Saturday, the weekly rest day commanded by God in the fourth commandment.

You're reading out of context again. Romans 14 from verse 1 to verse 23 talks about eating and drinking (as Jew would during ceremonial feasts). Why do you want to force in the Sabbath of the Fourth Commandment?

You have assumed that Paul was trying to impress Jews by observing expired Laws. I can also assume that Sabbath keeping by the early church was purely a PR exercise!

Acts 13 demolishes your argument publicly.
42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2015, 04:56:25 PM »
I'm not gifted with online exorcism of ad hominem. If you are willing, you can pray and be healed.

James 5
12 But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.
13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Ok.
Now, cast it out

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #194 on: March 19, 2015, 05:00:14 PM »
you can discern online demons but are helpless about them?

I digress.

What have you scavenged from SDA sewers that I have yet to respond to?

I'm not gifted with online exorcism of ad hominem. If you are willing, you can pray and be healed.

James 5
12 But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.
13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Ok.
Now, cast it out

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2015, 03:35:31 PM »
Wacha upus.
1. The 'shadow of things to come' is the descriptor of the things you have just been told that nobody should judge you on. Sabbath is included here
2. S or s is arbitrary.
3. Besides, if sabbaths refer to the feasts, what are the feasts? It extremely retarded to imagine that Paul is saying , ' don't nobody judge you about the Feast of Unleavened Bread OR it he sabbath of the feast of unleavened bread'. A feast would entail ALL days inside that feast including its sabbath.

The order is very clear; don't be judged on
1. Annual rituals- holy days/feasts
2.Monthly rituals- new moons
3. Weekly rituals- sabbaths

Compare this order as mentioned elsewhere

Isaiah 1:14 (ESV)
14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts

Hosea 2:11 (ESV)
11 And I will put an end to all her mirth,
her feasts, her new moons, her Sabbaths,

1 Chronicles 23:31 (ESV)
31 and whenever burnt offerings were offered to the Lord on Sabbaths, new moons, and feast days, according to the number required of them, regularly before the Lord

2 Chronicles 2:4 (ESV)
4 Behold, I am about to build a house for the name of the Lord my God and dedicate it to him for the burning of incense of sweet spices before him, and for the regular arrangement of the showbread, and for burnt offerings morning and evening, on the Sabbaths and the new moons and the appointed feasts of the Lord our God, as ordained forever for Israel.

2 Chronicles 8:13 (ESV)
13 as the duty of each day required, offering according to the commandment of Moses for

You posted the verses above supposedly to make the point that Col 2:16 is referring to the Sabbath of the fourth commandment. You claimed that capital 'S' and small 's' are arbitrary and went ahead to esteem

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #196 on: March 20, 2015, 05:03:43 PM »
You posted the verses above supposedly to make the point that Col 2:16 is referring to the Sabbath of the fourth commandment.
There is a pattern; Annual-Monthly-Weekly. And there is a Deaf and Dumb spirit.

You claimed that capital 'S' and small 's' are arbitrary and went ahead to esteem ESV alone (you have previously used other versions but this times you did not ESTEEM them). Shall we say you were misinterpreting Rom 14:5 viz. one man esteems ESV when convenient or expedient (your own words), while others esteem all Bible versions alike? In any case, all those versescompared with Col 2:16 show Paul was referring to ceremonial sabbaths and not the Sabbath.

1. It is arbitrary and that is a very minor point. Nobody aksd u to call it sabbath or Sabbath. What is the difference between a weekly Saturday sabbath and other sabbaths?
2. I have told you for my devotion I use KJV and when doing deeper studies, several versions come in. I picked ESV randomly and I could have used any. If there is a version rendering of Col 2:16 that supports your garbage, please share it
3. A doctrine that is ONLY supported by a single version of the bible is obviously weak. Here are MANY English renderings of the same;
https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Colossians%202:16
Which one favors SDA madness?

Colossians 2:16 (KJ21) | In Context | Whole Chapter

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat or drink, or in respect to a holy day or the new moon or the Sabbath days,
Colossians 2:16 (ASV) | In Context | Whole Chapter

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a feast day or a new moon or a sabbath day:

Colossians 2:16 (AMP) | In Context | Whole Chapter

16 Therefore let no one sit in judgment on you in matters of food and drink, or with regard to a feast day or a New Moon or a Sabbath.
Colossians 2:16 (BRG) | In Context | Whole Chapter

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Colossians 2:16 (CEB) | In Context | Whole Chapter

You have studiously refused to acknowledge that the Bible has sabbaths (ceremonial) and the Sabbath (Saturday, the fourth commandment).
No I haven't. The land was supposed to rest every seventh year and that is called sabbath too. You can't give any sensible REASON or even a stupid one why sabbath(s) in Colossians CAN'T possibly refer to the weekly sabbath, while I have shown you why it CAN'T be referring to anything else

In your suicidal mission you have meandered from one argument to another while ignoring the principal question: Where is the verse that abrogates the fourth commandment and institutes Sunday worship? Romans 14:5 does not fit the bill.
How could Paul, who first as a Jew and secondly a Pharisee esteemed a particular day, Saturday as sabbath writing to Romans instruct them that it was down to their minds to esteem or not to esteem?
You can't command me to ESTEEM a particular day on one hand and then leave it to me to decide whether to esteem or not to esteem any particular day seeing am ALREADY BOUND to esteem.

Fornication/adultery/blasphemy  is not something Holy Spirit leaves you to make up your mind on. It is a command whose breach attracts dire consequences.

Let me help your thawed brain. What is Paul saying in Romans 14:5?

I almost let it pass but I've picked up the verses you have selectively picked to buttress the Col 2:16 argument. You picked ESV to fit your argument.
Pick any version and let's see if there is any that supports SDA sewers...there is none

But I'll let you do the homework to see what other versions and other verses say about sabbaths and 'the Sabbath.' Note the definite article "THE" Sabbath. To demolish your selective misapplication of verses, I'll use the very same ESV which attempts to mix the articles 'a' and 'the' but still shoots itself in the foot.

You are not helping your cause by making feeble sideshows. You need to give me logical rules for identifying weekly Saturday sabbath from other sabbaths. Is it the article? Or is it plural?

You are not intelligent enough to throw cryptic remarks. Explain what confusion ESV has on Leviticus and what the 'proper' rendering should be
I'll not go beyond Leviticus. ESV has designs to play up Col 2:16 at the expense of the fourth commandment. Comparison with KJV or RSV blows ESV high out of the water. 

The only people with designs to deny the obvious inspiration of scriptures are hopeless SDAs who'd rTher stick to commandments of men than God...they are still chasing shadows long fulfilled in Christ. I rejoice in the Lord for exposing them 1900 years ago!

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #197 on: March 20, 2015, 06:35:16 PM »
Nuff Sed,
The word of God is like a hammer, it shatters harebrained theories into smithereens
Jeremiah 23:29 (ESV)
29 Is not my word like fire, declares the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?

Study this verse closely. I noted you deliberately omitted it in your last rant for obvious reasons; it spells doom for your puny theories.

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Exodus%2031:13

Sabbaths ye shall keep; for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that ye may know that I am the Lord who doth sanctify you.
Exodus 31:13 (ASV) | In Context | Whole Chapter

13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily ye shall keep my sabbaths: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am Jehovah who sanctifieth you.

Exodus 31:13 (AMP) | In Context | Whole Chapter

13 Say to the Israelites, Truly you shall keep My Sabbaths, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the Lord, sanctify you [set you apart for Myself].
Exodus 31:13 (BRG) | In Context | Whole Chapter

13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbathsSabbathShabbats; for this is a sign between me and you through all your generations; so that you will know that I am Adonai, who sets you apart for me.

Just about EVERY version renders the word sabbath in plural. Is this a 'ceremonial' sabbath of a weekly sabbath?

What about This? Is it a weekly or 'ceremonial' sabbath?
https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Leviticus%2019:3
Leviticus 19:3 (KJ21) | In Context | Whole Chapter

3 Ye shall fear every man his mother and his father, and keep My Sabbaths: I am the Lord your God.
Leviticus 19:3 (ASV) | In Context | Whole Chapter

3 Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father; and ye shall keep my sabbaths: I am Jehovah your God.

Leviticus 19:3 (AMP) | In Context | Whole Chapter

3 Each of you shall give due respect to his mother and his father, and keep My Sabbathssabbaths:

The point is the plural of SABBATH don't mean 'ceremonial' sabbaths nor does the singular mean weekly sabbath unless I have sold my brains to EGW

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #198 on: March 20, 2015, 07:38:34 PM »
Nuff Sed,
Let us now go I to NT and do some serious word-study
Acts 17:2 in ESV. I know you hallucinate about an anti-SDA conspiracy in ESV but you will soon wish it was the only version.

Acts 17:2 (ESV)
 2 And Paul went in, as was his custom, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

Now, let us look at other versions

Acts 17:2 (KJ21) | In Context | Whole Chapter

2 And Paul, as was his custom, went in unto them, and for three Sabbath days reasoned with them from the Scriptures,
Acts 17:2 (ASV) | In Context | Whole Chapter

2 and Paul, as his custom was, went in unto them, and for three sabbath days reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

Acts 17:2 (AMP) | In Context | Whole Chapter

2 And Paul entered, as he usually did, and for three Sabbaths he reasoned and argued with them from the Scriptures,
Acts 17:2 (BRG) | In Context | Whole Chapter

2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath daysthree Sabbathsthree Shabbats he gave them drashes from the Tanakh,

Acts 17:2 (CEV) | In Context | Whole Chapter

2 So as usual, Paul went there to worship, and on three Sabbaths he spoke to the people. He used the Scriptures

Acts 17:2 (DARBY) | In Context | Whole Chapter

2 And according to Paul's custom he went in among them, and on three sabbaths reasoned with them from the scriptures,

NOTE:
1.The Greek word for sabbaths (sabbaton) in this verse is the same as that used in Col 2:15
2. There is no 'days' in the originals/Greek; it is an interpolation of the translators
3. That the word sabbath is in plural is not in doubt. There is nothing like '3 Sabbath'
4. It is OBVIOUS Paul preached on three probably consecutive weekly sabbaths/Sato and not on annual feasts
5. It is quite clear that SDAs have no basis of interpreting this word to mean 'ceremonial'/non-weekly sabbaths in Col 2:15 while consistently understanding it to mean weekly sabbath wherever else (9-10 times)it is used in the NT
6. The ONLY reason SDAs cling to this insane inconsistency is to avoid the natural conclusion of Col 2:15 namely, the weekly sabbath just like other Jewish feasts are;
(A) non-binding on Christians and
(B) 'shadows' whose reality is found in Christ

Please look at an Interlinear version(Mounce) for evidence of the usage of the word sabbaton
http://www.nipate.org/index.php?action=post;topic=1657.180;last_msg=12160

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #199 on: March 20, 2015, 09:34:57 PM »
Daily Bread,

Here is a man who waged wars with shadows and lost.

And here is a more theological/academic treatment of SDA conundrum on the same verse. As usual, the authors wipe the floor with Bachiocchi.