Author Topic: The Lord's Day  (Read 114536 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: The Lord's Day
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2015, 03:15:21 PM »
I've given in my response to Voke some Bible verses showing there was a distinction. The Bible does not use the word ceremonial or moral, but that is not the argument (the Bible does not have the word "Bible" either).
Queen of strawmen. Who talked about moral or ceremonial appearing in scriptures?

In my posts, you will see I repeated that both all those laws were given by God Himself, just that He instructed Moses to write the ceremonial laws in a book (rather than by His own finger on tablets of stone) and to put His law IN the ark, and Moses' law on the side of the ark. Complementarity is implied here like the Rome statutes and Kenyan law. So, both coming from God makes them "moral" laws if we take the meaning of good and right. All of God's laws ar right, holy and good.
The only thing that tells you is the ten was inside and the rest was not. You also waste precious space regaling us on how they came about, both was handwritten, the ten by God, the rest by Moses. None of these explains why one set is 'moral' and the other 'ceremonial'

Food for thought; WHY is the fourth commandment the ONLY one said to be throughout your generations?
Universality is implied too. Many of the laws were about health, hygiene, justice and simple common sense (like the laws on the jubilee year, bestiality or homosexuality). Israel was a nation chosen by God to demonstrate His love for mankind. People like Rahab (non-Jew) and Ruth are in Christ's lineage because they were grafted in by marriage and still inherited God's promises to Israel. That demonstrates universality of the ceremonial law.

However, the ceremonial laws (to do with ceremonies and feasts mostly) pointed to the coming Messiah. Sanctuary laws to be specific (Passover, sacrifice of animals, day of atonement etc) pointed directly at Christ's birth, death and resurrection. Once Christ fulfilled them, they became obsolete (OBE). That is the reason why God practically demonstrated it when the veil separating the Holy Place from the Most Holy place was rent in two (Luke 23:45). Paul talks about it in several places (Galatians 5 being one).
It's contradictory to quote Paul on circumcision but to play dead when it comes to his statements distinguishing the law of Moses and the Ten commandments.

For me, there is distinction between universal laws (for all mankind) and limited laws (for certain covenants or certain times or certain persons only). I know which laws are universal by using both reason and looking at the New Testament and the instruction it gives me. I don't see how worshipping on ANY particular day...even if Sunday or Saturday...could possibly belong to the timeless law of God, so I will say that this represents a "covenant-specific" aspect of the New covenant or just a Christian custom, but the universal law is to make time for public worship of God as a community of believers which requires that we are uniform (or we wont come together) and this day was made Sunday by the apostles because it was the resurrection.

The Sabbath is timeless and universal, for when it reminds us of God's creatorship, it tells us He did not just create Jews but all people, all things visible and invisible.

Exodus 31
16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
 17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

How do universal laws come so many generations after creation?
When we modify God's laws, they are no longer His laws but our own. In reality, it makes us gods or something greater than God.

For the umpteenth time, sabbath remains sabbath and as Jewish as circumcision. strawmen are your staple
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2015, 03:17:17 PM »
This is all well and good as long as you understand that by the "CHURCH", Catholics are talking of the Apostles too and not a 4th century creature as you'd like to believe. Also, that encyclopedia is supplemented by two others specifically on the Sabbath and sunday, so quotations taken out of context will not do. It's like the JP II quotations earlier that ignore the bit where he teaches that the Jewish Sabbath is distinct and non-binding and then focuss on the parts he refers to Sunday in similar terms as the Sabbath. But since you instist, I will start to paste other Catholic works here too, just for balance.

I'll ask this directly. Apart from tradition, on what basis does John Paul II teach "that the Jewish Sabbath is distinct and non-binding and then focuss on the parts he refers to Sunday in similar terms as the Sabbath"? Aren't you here finally acknowledging that Rome wants to blur the disctinction between Sabbath and Sunday?
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2015, 03:33:06 PM »
Nuff Sed aka Daily Bread?
What is the difference (if at all) between the Law of God and the Law of Moses?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Ka-Bella

• Regular
« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2015, 03:42:11 PM »
This is all well and good as long as you understand that by the "CHURCH", Catholics are talking of the Apostles too and not a 4th century creature as you'd like to believe. Also, that encyclopedia is supplemented by two others specifically on the Sabbath and sunday, so quotations taken out of context will not do. It's like the JP II quotations earlier that ignore the bit where he teaches that the Jewish Sabbath is distinct and non-binding and then focuss on the parts he refers to Sunday in similar terms as the Sabbath. But since you instist, I will start to paste other Catholic works here too, just for balance.

I'll ask this directly. Apart from tradition, on what basis does John Paul II teach "that the Jewish Sabbath is distinct and non-binding and then focuss on the parts he refers to Sunday in similar terms as the Sabbath"? Aren't you here finally acknowledging that Rome wants to blur the disctinction between Sabbath and Sunday?
Wants to blur what? The teaching is plain and simple except for someone who insists no matter what that Sunday is the Jewish Sabbath. I already explained this earlier: BOTH are manifestations of a general duty to set apart time for worship of God. In that they are certainly linked. Christians took this custom of a WEEKLY observance from Jews, after all. But the Christian day is not kept as a divine ordinance to recall God's rest from creation by resting ourselves, but chosen due to the New creation signified by Christ's triumph over death. Similar they are, same they are NOT. This has been explained to you here right from the start, go back and read please.

As to JP II's basis: it's simple, BOTH scripture and tradition. You ignored tradition after I challenged your claims based on History, so I have been sticking to scripture which is adequate:

1) Sabbath was only ever commanded to the Jews in the Bible
2) Sabbath was never commanded of Christians anywhere in the Bible
3) Sabbath was explicitly declared irrelevant by the Apostles for Christians
4) The apostles established a Christian weekly observance on Sunday, recorded in the Bible

You have not been able to challenge a single one of these.....

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2015, 03:53:16 PM »
Nuff Sed aka Daily Bread,
The church structures you see around was borrowed from Jewish synagogues (and probably pagan religions). Synagogues was borrowed from the pagan religion over the 70 year exile. Before Exile, all they had was Solomon's Temple

Regular weekly meetings was borrowed from the Jews. They was meeting in synagogues every sabbath. You may as well accuse everyone of Judaism/paganism for regularly meeting at designated places of worship

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2015, 04:16:13 PM »
Kadame,Daily Bread aka Nuff Sed

The Fourth commandment is in every way ceremonial. Think...keeping any day is ceremony, ama? God is not and nor are you creating nothing but commemorating creation week just like you are not being born on your birthday. And Israel was not being delivered on Passover

I find it decidedly ironical that when Jesus was aksd which was the greatest commandment he never gave any of the Ten

Matthew 22:36-40 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

So, which commands are these, did Jesus summarize the Ten? I was taught so once until I discovered that these commandments actually exist!

Deuteronomy 6:5 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
5 and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Leviticus 19:18 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.

So the GREATEST commandments are among the ceremonial laws lying out in the cold with Nuff Sed's anti-microwave sabbath resides in the warmth of the ark :o

Offline Ka-Bella

• Regular
« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2015, 04:19:43 PM »
Three quotes.
"Sunday is founded, not of scripture, but on tradition, and is distinctly a Catholic institution.  As there is no scripture for the transfer of the day of rest from the last to the first day of the week, Protestants ought to keep their Sabbath on Saturday and thus leave Catholics in full possession of Sunday." Catholic Record, September 17, 1893.
Wrong. The author of this article clearly never held a NT in his hands or he would not embarrass himself so.

"Nowhere in the Bible is it stated that worship should be changed from Saturday to Sunday....Now the Church...instituted, by God's authority, Sunday as the day of worship.  This same Church, by the same divine authority, taught the doctrine of Purgatory long before the Bible was made.  We have, therefore, the same authority for Purgatory as we have for Sunday." Martin J. Scott, Things Catholics Are Asked About, 1927 edition, p. 136.
The author is playing polemics. If by the "church" the apostles are here referred to, then fine. Like I told you before, you will often find catholics often saying startling (to non-Catholics) things like "the church wrote the New Testament"...They are usually referring to the Apostles. So in a way they are right but in another, they are wrong. Depends on how you see it as we don't believe that the Apostolic office continued after the Apostle John's death...So "the church" can be a very confusing term if not explained properly to the listener. Just understand that this is a catholic manner of speaking because our ecclesiology (theology on the meaning of the church) is different from that of Protestants. Regardless, this has nothing to do with Sunday having been established by Apostles. A catholic will therefore say, "the Church established Sunday" and be factually referring to the same event as when a protestant says "Sunday was established in the New testament". You just have to be honest and aware of the difference between the two to know what they mean by those words.

"Some theologians have held that God likewise directly determined the Sunday as the day of worship in the New Law, that He Himself has explicitly substituted the Sunday for the Sabbath.  But this theory is now entirely abandoned.  It is now commonly held that God simply gave His Church the power to set aside whatever day or days she would deem suitable as Holy Days.  The Church chose Sunday, the first day of the week, and in the course of time added other days as holy days." John Laux, A Course in Religion for Catholic High Schools and Academies, 1936 edition, vol. 1, p. 51.
Again, be aware that he is talking of the Apostles when he talks of God giving "his church" the power....He is speaking of the same "power" that inspired Peter to say circumcision is irrelevant and Paul to declare Sabbath irrelevant. In any case, he is still wrong, as even in that case, it is still God acting through the Apostles, not them acting alone.

When we modify God's laws, they are no longer His laws but our own. In reality, it makes us gods or something greater than God.
So whose were the numerous laws set apart ("modified") by "God's Church" in Acts 15?

Offline Ka-Bella

• Regular
« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2015, 04:36:16 PM »

The Fourth commandment is in every way ceremonial. Think...keeping any day is ceremony, ama? God is not and nor are you creating nothing but commemorating creation week just like you are not being born on your birthday. And Israel was not being delivered on Passover

I find it decidedly ironical that when Jesus was aksd which was the greatest commandment he never gave any of the Ten

Matthew 22:36-40 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

So, which commands are these, did Jesus summarize the Ten? I was taught so once until I discovered that these commandments actually exist!

Deuteronomy 6:5 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
5 and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Leviticus 19:18 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.

So the GREATEST commandments are among the ceremonial laws lying out in the cold with Nuff Sed's anti-microwave sabbath resides in the warmth of the ark :o
Bingo. The moral-ceremonial split exists throughout, including in the ten commandments.

Like I said to Daily Bread, the tablets were part of that covenant. The reason we keep them is that they go beyond the covenant. If not, there would be no reason to keep them. But resting on Saturday is clearly distinct, arising for the first time when God speaks to Moses.

@Daily Bread, that encyclopedia you were quoting says

Christ, while observing the Sabbath, set himself in word and act against this absurd rigorism which made man a slave of the day. He reproved the scribes and Pharisees for putting an intolerable burden on men's shoulders (Matthew 23:4), and proclaimed the principle that "the sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath" (Mark 2:27). He cured on the Sabbath, and defended His disciples for plucking ears of corn on that day. In His arguments with the Pharisees on this account He showed that the Sabbath is not broken in cases of necessity or by acts of charity (Matthew 12:3 sqq.; Mark 2:25 sqq.; Luke 6:3 sqq.; 14:5). St. Paul enumerates the Sabbath among the Jewish observances which are not obligatory on Christians (Colossians 2:16; Galatians 4:9-10; Romans 14:5). The gentile converts held their religious meetings on Sunday (Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 16:2) and with the disappearance of the Jewish Christian churches this day was exclusively observed as the Lord's Day. (See SUNDAY.) 
See! This was written in 1911, yet other commentators were saying much later that "no scripture" exists....clearly they were reading from different scripts, don't you think? Considering that the encyclopedia was not written as a "gotcha!" to rivals, I would say, academically, it has tones more value than the stuff you were quoting since the ulterior motives and temptations to polemics is missing.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2015, 04:43:47 PM »
Wants to blur what? The teaching is plain and simple except for someone who insists no matter what that Sunday is the Jewish Sabbath. I already explained this earlier: BOTH are manifestations of a general duty to set apart time for worship of God. In that they are certainly linked. Christians took this custom of a WEEKLY observance from Jews, after all. But the Christian day is not kept as a divine ordinance to recall God's rest from creation by resting ourselves, but chosen due to the New creation signified by Christ's triumph over death. Similar they are, same they are NOT. This has been explained to you here right from the start, go back and read please.

As to JP II's basis: it's simple, BOTH scripture and tradition. You ignored tradition after I challenged your claims based on History, so I have been sticking to scripture which is adequate:

1) Sabbath was only ever commanded to the Jews in the Bible
2) Sabbath was never commanded of Christians anywhere in the Bible
3) Sabbath was explicitly declared irrelevant by the Apostles for Christians
4) The apostles established a Christian weekly observance on Sunday, recorded in the Bible

You have not been able to challenge a single one of these.....

1. How many Jews were there in Gen 2:1-3? There's nothing like general duty when it comes to obedience to God's express commandments. Otherwise a person who rapes altar boys can claim he has generally not committed adultery.
2. Sunday was not commanded. So why keep it? I can understand Rome keeping Sunday to assert its "authority" to reverse God's word. But protestants?
3. Show which verse and which apostles. Rome categorically shows from the Bible that Paul never kept Sunday as a Sabbath but instead kept Saturday (Acts 17, Acts 18).
I'll quote and re-quote for you your own Catholic sources.
St John speaks of the Lord's day (Rev 1:10) but he does not tell us what day of the week that was, much less does he tell us what day was to take the place of the Sabbath ordained in the commandments. St.Luke speaks of the disciples meeting together to break bread on the first day of the week. Acts 20:7. And St. paul (1 Cor.16:2) orders that on the first day of the week the Corinthians should lay in store what they designated to bestow in charity on the faithful in Judea: but neither the one or the other tells us that this first day of the week was to be henceforth a day of worship, and the Christian Sabbath; so that truly the best authority we have for this ancient custom is the testimony of the church. And therefore those who pretend to be such religious observers of Sunday, whilst they take no notice of other festivals ordained by the same church authority, show that they act more by humor, than by religion; since Sundays and holidays all stand upon the same foundation, namely the ordinance of the church."  Catholic Christian Instructed, 17th edition, p. 272-273.

"Sunday is a Catholic institution and its claim to observance can be defended only on Catholic principles....From beginning to end of Scripture there is not a single passage that warrants the transfer of weekly public worship from the last day of the week to the first." Catholic Press, Sydney, Australia, August, 1900.
4. Again, please show which Bible, chapter and verse. Rome's many sources quoted above categorically declare there is no such verse and indeed it is so.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2015, 04:46:01 PM »

Genesis 2:1-3 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
2 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Which part of this tells you to keep sabbath?
Sabbath was introduced to Israel in Exodus.

Exodus 31:16-17King James Version (KJV)
16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

How many Jews were there in Gen 2:1-3? There's nothing like general duty when it comes to obedience to God's express commandments. Otherwise a person who rapes altar boys can claim he has generally not committed adultery.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2015, 04:56:11 PM »

Genesis 2:1-3 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
2 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Which part of this tells you to keep sabbath?
Sabbath was introduced to Israel in Exodus.

How many Jews were there in Gen 2:1-3? There's nothing like general duty when it comes to obedience to God's express commandments. Otherwise a person who rapes altar boys can claim he has generally not committed adultery.

You want to inherit all of Israel's promises, their God and their Messiah but when it comes to the fourth commandment you are not a Jew?

Isaiah 56
56 Thus saith the Lord, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.
 2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
 3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the Lord, speak, saying, The Lord hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
 4 For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
 5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
 6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
 7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people. 8 The Lord God, which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Isaiah 58
12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
 13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
 14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Colossians 3:11
 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Galatians 3:28
 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2015, 04:57:15 PM »
A Jew would aks you the same seeing you have nothing to do with Passover. Quite a retarded rhetorical question

Why would God command sabbath for ALL men in Genesis and then later in Exodus 30 state that sabbath is a sign of a perpetual covenant between him and israel?

Think...think...THINK
Substitute sabbath with marriage
God had ordained marriage,one man-one woman for ALL men in Genesis. He later makes it a sign of his covenant with Israel. They are already doing it so how is it a sign?
You want to inherit all of Israel's promises but when it comes to the fourth commandment you are not a Jew?

Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2015, 05:05:33 PM »
A Jew would aks you the same seeing you have nothing to do with Passover. Quite a retarded rhetorical question

Why would God command sabbath for ALL men in Genesis and then later in Exodus 30 state that sabbath is a sign of a perpetual covenant between him and israel?

Think...think...THINK
Substitute sabbath with marriage
God had ordained marriage,one man-one woman for ALL men in Genesis. He later makes it a sign of his covenant with Israel. They are already doing it so how is it a sign?
You want to inherit all of Israel's promises but when it comes to the fourth commandment you are not a Jew?

The Sabbath is a sign between God and His people because God says so.

17 It is a sign
between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2015, 05:06:53 PM »
Why is it a sign seeing it is a universal command any way sign or no sign? Was EVERYONE part of that covenant? What then was the value of sabbath to those who was not part of the covenant?
The Sabbath is a sign between God and His people because God says so.

17 It is a sign
between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2015, 05:12:31 PM »
There are some people who Peter tells us they twist scriptures to their perdition
Let's look at Isaiah 56, especially the un-highlighted parts

Isaiah 56:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

The same 'sons of strangers' who take hold of the covenant offer BURNT OFFERINGS & SACRIFICES 8) 8) 8) 8)
When was the last time Nuff Sed and her family offered BURNT OFFERINGS & SACRIFICES?

Isaiah 58 King James Version (KJV)
58 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.......

Are you of the house of Jacob?

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2015, 05:20:07 PM »
Voke the Catholic church says it set Sunday as a day of worship to assert its authority to make laws and to justify its reliance on tradition (or apostolic practice, so-called). For what reason do you as a protestant keep Sunday?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #136 on: February 06, 2015, 05:27:13 PM »
Nuff Sed,
I have just learnt from you and I been keeping ALL days well before today. I must admit you are quite a blessing to me, very resourceful...you are a gem
Voke the Catholic church says it set Sunday as a day of worship to assert its authority to make laws and to justify its reliance on tradition (or apostolic practice, so-called). For what reason do you as a protestant keep Sunday?

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #137 on: February 06, 2015, 05:32:43 PM »

The Fourth commandment is in every way ceremonial. Think...keeping any day is ceremony, ama? God is not and nor are you creating nothing but commemorating creation week just like you are not being born on your birthday.

This is a clever obfuscation but again not so clever. On one side Protetants quote Col 2:16 and Rom 14:5 saying the law was nailed to the cross. They also claim "no particular day, let everyone be convinced in his heart". At the same time, they keep Sunday rigorously like a ceremony. Will protestantism stick to one argument and stop making Rome laugh all the way to the altar?

"From this we may understand how great is the authority of the church in interpreting or explaining to us the commandments of God - an authority which is acknowledged by the universal practice of the whole Christian world, even of those sects which profess to take the holy Scriptures as their sole rule of faith, since they observe as the day of rest not the seventh day of the week demanded by the Bible, but the first day.  Which we know is to be kept holy, only from the tradition and teaching of the Catholic church." Henry Gibson, Catechism Made Easy, # 2, 9th edition, vol. 1, p. 341-342.

"It is well to remind the Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, and all other Christians, that the Bible does not support them anywhere in their observance of Sunday.  Sunday is an institution of the Roman Catholic Church, and those who observe the day observe a commandment of the Catholic Church." Priest Brady, in an address reported in The News, Elizabeth, New Jersey, March 18, 1903.

"It is always somewhat laughable, to see the Protestant churches, in pulpit and legislation, demand the observance of Sunday, of which there is nothing in their Bible." Peter R. Kraemer, Catholic Church Extension Magazine, USA (1975),Chicago, Illinois, "Under the blessing of the Pope Pius XI"

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2015, 05:34:34 PM »
Nuff Sed,
Google won't save you from the ignominy of Adventism and White lunacy :D

Observing Sunday is no Law but a tradition and not observing it is no mark of the beast as White hallucinated. That's the difference.
Meeting on Sunday is common sense. The most regular gathering of believers is on Sunday 

Hebrews 10:2521st Century King James Version (KJ21)
25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as ye see the Day

So as not to forsake assembly, I meet when they meet and not because it is 'moral', commandment or Statute.

Unlike you living under a deranged false prophet, I don't look to nobody to see which electronics I may switch on or not on Sunday. I had a campus SDA loonie who took cold showers on Saturday because it was sabbath. He was a vegan too all in the name of an illiterate plagiarist who loved prawns and oysters

The Fourth commandment is in every way ceremonial. Think...keeping any day is ceremony, ama? God is not and nor are you creating nothing but commemorating creation week just like you are not being born on your birthday.

This is a clever obfuscation but again not so clever. On one side Protetants quote Col 2:16 and Rom 14:5 saying the law was nailed to the cross. They also claim "no particular day, let everyone be convinced in his heart". At the same time, they keep Sunday rigorously like a ceremony. Will protestantism stick to one argument and stop making Rome laugh all the way to the altar?

"From this we may understand how great is the authority of the church in interpreting or explaining to us the commandments of God - an authority which is acknowledged by the universal practice of the whole Christian world, even of those sects which profess to take the holy Scriptures as their sole rule of faith, since they observe as the day of rest not the seventh day of the week demanded by the Bible, but the first day.  Which we know is to be kept holy, only from the tradition and teaching of the Catholic church." Henry Gibson, Catechism Made Easy, # 2, 9th edition, vol. 1, p. 341-342.

"It is well to remind the Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, and all other Christians, that the Bible does not support them anywhere in their observance of Sunday.  Sunday is an institution of the Roman Catholic Church, and those who observe the day observe a commandment of the Catholic Church." Priest Brady, in an address reported in The News, Elizabeth, New Jersey, March 18, 1903.

"It is always somewhat laughable, to see the Protestant churches, in pulpit and legislation, demand the observance of Sunday, of which there is nothing in their Bible." Peter R. Kraemer, Catholic Church Extension Magazine, USA (1975),Chicago, Illinois, "Under the blessing of the Pope Pius XI"

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2015, 05:49:08 PM »
Vuoks
Nuff Sed,
Google won't save you from the ignominy of Adventism and White lunacy :D

Observing Sunday is no Law but a tradition and not observing it is no mark of the beast as White hallucinated. That's the difference.
Meeting on Sunday is common sense. The most regular gathering of believers is on Sunday 

Hebrews 10:2521st Century King James Version (KJ21)
25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as ye see the Day

So as not to forsake assembly, I meet when they meet and not because it is 'moral'
Unlike you living under a deranged false prophet, I don't look to nobody to see which electronics I may switch on or not on Sunday. I had a campus SDA loonie who took cold showers on Saturday because it was sabbath. He was a vegan too all in the name of an illiterate plagiarist who loved prawns and oysters

Vuoks is there ever a verse you quote in full or in context? Almost all the scriptures you have quoted in this thread are out of context, truncated or deliberately falsified. You can do that with secular texts but the word of God? In the quote above, you are deliberately trying to obfuscate it to support Sunday worship instead of the day of judgment that the chapter is talking about. It is the same argument you made with the Lord's Day as spoken of by John in Revelation (copied and pasted directly from one of the Catholic pretentions for Sunday).

Hebrews 10
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
 28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?