Author Topic: The Lord's Day  (Read 113874 times)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: The Lord's Day
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2015, 02:49:25 PM »
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #241 on: April 10, 2015, 04:33:10 PM »
If I was Nuff Sed, I'd be so embarrassed of combing through news hunting for anything that remotely suggests nothing about National Sunday Law because that is BS. But evidentially indoctrination in cults is no joke
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #242 on: April 13, 2015, 12:47:55 PM »
Perhaps it's embarrassing looking up how current history proves scripture true. It's better to be embarrassed by that than dusting up 16th century arguments by counter-reformation Romanists and projecting them as today's protestant defense for Sunday worship.

If I was Nuff Sed, I'd be so embarrassed of combing through news hunting for anything that remotely suggests nothing about National Sunday Law because that is BS. But evidentially indoctrination in cults is no joke
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #243 on: April 13, 2015, 03:10:40 PM »
Sunday worship needs no defense seeing God is indifferent to days. Sunday worship is as old as Christianity.

When Christians are not to be judged over sabbath (weekly), new moons (monthly) of holy day (annual), they are at liberty to settle on the day of worship on their own and they don't owe nobody no reason for whatever they settle on. So when they settle on Sunday being the Lord's Day seeing Christ resurrected on Sunday, it is a total waste of time quarreling them.

You should take it up to Holy Spirit who says ' let no man judge you over holy day,new moon or sabbaths'. That verse was written precisely because of shadow chasers like you who would attempt to impose the very Law Christ died to redeem us from on us

Perhaps it's embarrassing looking up how current history proves scripture true. It's better to be embarrassed by that than dusting up 16th century arguments by counter-reformation Romanists and projecting them as today's protestant defense for Sunday worship.

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #244 on: April 13, 2015, 03:56:12 PM »

Sunday worship needs no defense seeing God is indifferent to days. Sunday worship is as old as Christianity.

The fact that the oldest church made many deliberate attempts to defend Sunday worship is a pointer to something unscriptural, and means your statement has been overtaken by events. Rome has defended Sunday worship in several councils as old as Trent and Laodecia. See Art 29 of the Council of Laodecia for example. Again, Sunday worship is not as old as Christianity. The Christianity we see in scripture does not show evidence of Sunday worship. On the contrary, there is ample evidence of Sabbath worship in the gospels (Christ being present in person, the beginning of Christianity) and in Acts 13, 17, 17 and 20. The so-called "apostolic tradition" that you have cited over an over is an invention of Rome.

When Christians are not to be judged over sabbath (weekly), new moons (monthly) of holy day (annual), they are at liberty to settle on the day of worship on their own and they don't owe nobody no reason for whatever they settle on. So when they settle on Sunday being the Lord's Day seeing Christ resurrected on Sunday, it is a total waste of time quarreling them.

Misinterpretation of Col 2:16. We have dealt with that several times. But just to indulge you, Catholics number more than all other Christian denominations combined (assuming they are Christian in the first place). How does such a number fear judging" by a group of Sabbatarians numbering less than 20m (Adventists for example)? Who is bullying who? How did the so-called protestants "settle on a day" when at the same time they claim "frankly speaking it does not matter to me which day"?

You should take it up to Holy Spirit who says ' let no man judge you over holy day,new moon or sabbaths'. That verse was written precisely because of shadow chasers like you who would attempt to impose the very Law Christ died to redeem us from on us

A thief runs when nobody is chasing him. For some reason, protestant Sunday worshipers have decided they are being judged by a minority, miniscule group whose only claim to fame is that they keep the Ten Commandments. It's so bad that the elephant claims the elephant imposed on him the law to flap its mighty ears.

[/quote]

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #245 on: April 13, 2015, 04:42:39 PM »
Nuff Sed,
Defending Sunday worship is a BONUS if at all. Comprende? 'Let no man JUDGE you over days' that is Holy Spirit speaking not councils of men. Romans is very clear to all but the braindead that esteeming all days alike or some above others ARE ALL OK

We have regular meetings recorded on Sabbath and Sunday plus an exhortation not to neglect these meetings in Hebrews. Period.

Retarded arguments that sabbaton means weekly sabbath in ALL but one instance in the NT stand refuted for over 100 years 8)

The fact that the oldest church made many deliberate attempts to defend Sunday worship is a pointer to something unscriptural, and means your statement has been overtaken by events. Rome has defended Sunday worship in several councils as old as Trent and Laodecia. See Art 29 of the Council of Laodecia for example. Again, Sunday worship is not as old as Christianity. The Christianity we see in scripture does not show evidence of Sunday worship. On the contrary, there is ample evidence of Sabbath worship in the gospels (Christ being present in person, the beginning of Christianity) and in Acts 13, 17, 17 and 20. The so-called "apostolic tradition" that you have cited over an over is an invention of Rome.

Misinterpretation of Col 2:16. We have dealt with that several times. But just to indulge you, Catholics number more than all other Christian denominations combined (assuming they are Christian in the first place). How does such a number fear judging" by a group of Sabbatarians numbering less than 20m (Adventists for example)? Who is bullying who? How did the so-called protestants "settle on a day" when at the same time they claim "frankly speaking it does not matter to me which day"?

A thief runs when nobody is chasing him. For some reason, protestant Sunday worshipers have decided they are being judged by a minority, miniscule group whose only claim to fame is that they keep the Ten Commandments. It's so bad that the elephant claims the elephant imposed on him the law to flap its mighty ears.

[/quote]

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #246 on: April 13, 2015, 05:02:30 PM »
Nuff Sed,
Defending Sunday worship is a BONUS if at all. Comprende? 'Let no man JUDGE you over days' that is Holy Spirit speaking not councils of men. Romans is very clear to all but the braindead that esteeming all days alike or some above others ARE ALL OK

We have regular meetings recorded on Sabbath and Sunday plus an exhortation not to neglect these meetings in Hebrews. Period.

Retarded arguments that sabbaton means weekly sabbath in ALL but one instance in the NT stand refuted for over 100 years 8)

It still perplexes me pastor how you can develop a theology based on "let no man judge you" anything goes interpretation. Can Ms Corrupt extend that verse to say let no man judge you on how much you steal - after all she most probably tithed part of it for the spreading of the gospel! Sunday worship sets protestantism on such a slippery slope that tonnes and tonnes of Ad Hominem must be employed in its BONUS defense.

Falsehood, meandering and deliberate mythinformation has now been added to ad hominem.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #247 on: April 13, 2015, 06:02:28 PM »
Colossians is not a blank cheque, it is VERY particular about what no man should judge me.

Here,
Col 2:16 (KJV)
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

1. Food- I know you vowed before an SDA church when you was being inducted to keep off meat
2. Drink- I know you have been promised the nether parts of hell for as much as using ethanol on your mouthwash or coffee
3. HOLY DAY,NEW MOON or sabbath days- you had fits over ESV. Kumbe KJV is even clearer! What is the plural of sabbath? Sabbaths days/sabbaths/sabbath days?

And here sits SDAs cooking up apocalyptic delusions about being hounded over stuff nobody should judge you over in the first place. You are guilty of JUDGING vooke over the very things Holy Spirit charges you against judging; shadows long fulfilled in Christ 8)
Nuff Sed,

It still perplexes me pastor how you can develop a theology based on "let no man judge you" anything goes interpretation. Can Ms Corrupt extend that verse to say let no man judge you on how much you steal - after all she most probably tithed part of it for the spreading of the gospel! Sunday worship sets protestantism on such a slippery slope that tonnes and tonnes of Ad Hominem must be employed in its BONUS defense.

Falsehood, meandering and deliberate mythinformation has now been added to ad hominem.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #248 on: April 13, 2015, 06:11:05 PM »
Folks,

How about you keep every day holy?  Let's make that every nano-second of the earth's rotation.  Will God be satisfied with that?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #249 on: April 13, 2015, 06:16:32 PM »
Pastor Voke you are not helping the Sundaykeeping cause. You have used Col 2:16 and misinterpreted it to talk about the Ten Commandments. KJV does not help you at all. But again, supposing you were right that it is about the Sabbath, you have variously used this verse and Romans to argue that where Paul talks about circumcision, he also abolishes the Sabbath commandment. You can use Col 2:16 to see the Sabbath where it does not exist, but when one uses the same Col 2:16 to support corruption you scream ad hominem. Do you see the hypocrisy now?

Colossians is not a blank cheque, it is VERY particular about what no man should judge me.

Here,
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

1. Food- I know you vowed before an SDA church when you was being inducted to keep off meat
2. Drink- I know you have been promised the nether parts of hell for as much as using ethanol on your mouthwash or coffee
3. HOLY DAY,NEW MOON or sabbath days- you had fits over ESV. Kumbe KJV is even clearer! What is the plural of sabbath? Sabbaths days/sabbaths/sabbath days?

And here sits SDAs cooking up apocalyptic delusions about being hounded over stuff nobody should judge you over in the first place. You are guilty of JUDGING vooke over the very things Holy Spirit charges you against judging.
Nuff Sed,

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #250 on: April 13, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »
Folks,

How about you keep every day holy?  Let's make that every nano-second of the earth's rotation.  Will God be satisfied with that?

Not at all. It's the argument that Protestants make when they see the sanctity of God's law. If we were left to make our own laws about the Sabbath, we could as well make our own laws about theft and say corruption is not the same as theft - we only stole to give water to the needy (which turns out to be ourselves mostly). We could also shag a neigbor's wife but justify it that she was really in need and begged for it. One could swear like Pastor Ad Hominem here and justify it with claims of Ellen G. White obsession - she asked for it, our resident pastor might say. Our own laws are just that, our own. God's Ten Commandments are to be obeyed, not rationalized, changed or modified to suit convenience, apostolic tradition and such other excuses.

Think about it - the origin of sin is in Eve disobeying a simple instruction not to eat of a certain tree. She justified it (the snake deceived me), and Adam did too (the woman you gave me). But that did not stop the consequences of sin and they were banished from Eden. Protestantism today makes the same old justification. We're following "apostolic practice" which apostles are unidentified, no scripture to back up the claims, but alas, tonnes of ad hominem freely available from Rome's apologist-in-chief.

I learned a principle that used to separate Protestants from Rome (I suppose by now you know Rome is wholly bent on rebelling against God and boasting about it). Rome enjoins all that the Bible does not oppose (Romanists find no problem smoking for example, saying it is not forbidden, but once on the slippery slope they go into forbidden territory too easily, too often); Protestantism never enjoins anything the Bible does not endorse, hence sola scriptura. Here we have the reverse - Protestants screaming louder than bereaved Rome about Rome's adored idol of Pagan, Sunday worship!

God wants us to work six days a week, so we can't worship like the Commandment requires every nanosecond and still work. In the same commandment, He sets aside a day for Himself. Making a day for ourselves makes it an idol and makes us gods of our own selves, yet He purchased us at great cost.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #251 on: April 13, 2015, 06:23:05 PM »
Nuff Sed,
All your arguments against Weekly sabbath are hollow as I have effectively shown you. Let me jog your memory
1. sabbaths in Colossians is in plural so it can't be weekly
I have shared another example of the same word in plural in Acts where the meaning is obviously weekly sabbath

2. sabbaths in Colossians starts with a small 's'.
I have shown that this is the translators' job, and going Greek gets to the bottom of it

3. The 'context' of Colossians show that the ceremonial sabbath is in question not the weekly.
I have shown you that the arbitrary distinction between 'ceremonial' and 'moral' parts of the law are a figment of your imagination, add your apriori bias blinds you . For instance, why can't the weekly sabbath be ceremonial? What is the moral imperative to keep a certain day in somebody who has never read Torah? On the contrary, the rest of the commandments are full of moral elements pervading EVERY Homo sapien.

On the contrary, you have not offered substantial or ANY refutation to the following arguments about Sabbaton in Colossians referring to the weekly sabbath;

1. The same word appears over 50 times,69 I hazard and in EVERY instance Adventists agree it means the weekly sabbath except this. Inconsistency

2. Paul has already mentioned the 'ceremonial' sabbaths in the phrase HOLY DAY and it is insulting to his person and the Holy Spirit to insinuate that he is repeating the same. Yaani, I can't imagine Paul/Holy Spirit inspiring, 'let no man judge you over drinking, eating or even DRINKING'.

3. The scriptural pattern of Annual-monthly-weekly feasts sometimes appearing in reverse , weekly-monthly-annual is very evident here yet SDAs would have us believe that Paul is saying Annual-Monthly-Annual

The inconsistent hypocrite here clearly is the purveyor of shallow and hollow no-sabbath-in-Colossians arguments

Romans nails ANY Sabbatarian hopes.

Romans 14:5-6 King James Version (KJV)

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Here, Holy Spirit leaves it to our own persuasion whether to esteem some days above others or to esteem all equally. He is not talking about circumcision here. Please read Romans 14.
It would be tragic for Paul to leave such instructions which would contradict a command to esteem one day above others. I mean I can't be allowed to follow my own persuasions on days when am already under instruction to esteem one day above others. Likewise, Nuff Sed can't be free to commit whoredom while at the same time being warned against fornication.

But thank God, Paul by revelation knew esteeming any day above others belonged to the past/Jews and not Gentiles

Kindly note that screaming that there is no sabbath in Colossians don't make it so. Please use your brains and demonstrate this. Deduce as opposed to regurgitating illogical arguments

Pastor Voke you are not helping the Sundaykeeping cause. You have used Col 2:16 and misinterpreted it to talk about the Ten Commandments. KJV does not help you at all. But again, supposing you were right that it is about the Sabbath, you have variously used this verse and Romans to argue that where Paul talks about circumcision, he also abolishes the Sabbath commandment. You can use Col 2:16 to see the Sabbath where it does not exist, but when one uses the same Col 2:16 to support corruption you scream ad hominem. Do you see the hypocrisy now?

Here,

And here sits SDAs cooking up apocalyptic delusions about being hounded over stuff nobody should judge you over in the first place. You are guilty of JUDGING vooke over the very things Holy Spirit charges you against judging.
Nuff Sed,

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #252 on: April 13, 2015, 06:27:36 PM »
Folks,

Not at all. It's the argument that Protestants make when they see the sanctity of God's law. If we were left to make our own laws about the Sabbath, we could as well make our own laws about theft and say corruption is not the same as theft - we only stole to give water to the needy (which turns out to be ourselves mostly). We could also shag a neigbor's wife abut justify it that she was really in need and begged for it. One could swear like Pastor Ad Hominem here and justify it with claims of Ellen G. White obsession - she asked for it, our resident pastor might say. Our own laws are just that, our own. God's Ten Commandments are to be obeyed, not rationalized, changed or modified to suit convenience, apostolic tradition and such other excuses.

I learned a principle that separates Protestants from Rome (I suppose by now you know Rome is wholly bent on rebelling against God and boasting about it). Rome enjoins all that the Bible does not oppose; Protestantism never enjoins anything the Bible does not endorse, hence sola scriptura. Here we have the reverse - Protestants screaming louder than bereaved Rome about Rome's adored idol of Pagan, Sunday worship!

God wants us to work six days a week, and He sets aside a day for Himself. Making a day for ourselves makes it an idol and makes us gods of our own selves, yet He purchased us at great cost.
Interesting.  Does that mean that you view work as incompatible with Holiness?  Should a doctor not save a life because he is keeping the Lord's day holy?

Is there any specific calendar God prefers?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #253 on: April 13, 2015, 06:35:57 PM »
Work and holiness are highly compatible, that's why the fourth Commandment begins with "Six days thou shalt work and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God". There are jobs out of necessity to save lives that are completely compatible with the Sabbath commandment and Jesus said as much by asking Pharisees if they would not pull out an injured ox out of a hole on the Sabbath. He went ahead and healed many on the Sabbath, demonstrating that the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath.

Sundaykeeping Protestants when confronted with the reality of God's law begin meandering and dithering that even Jesus healed on the Sabbath, so the Sabbath law does not really count. When you ask them about stealing they don't have answers.

I do not know if God prefers a calendar. All I know is that He gave the Ten Commandments one of which is to keep the Sabbath.

The question about work and holiness being compatible is what rendered the mendicant Friars really contemptible. Relying on their holiness, they refrained from work and cloistered themselves, only coming out to beg for alms with menaces. They wholly denied the true apostolic practice set up by Paul the tentmaker and greatest evangelist who also kept the Sabbath.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #254 on: April 13, 2015, 07:28:27 PM »
The Achiles heel of legalism is picking parts of Torah while tossing out the rest. He also gave a commandment to Israel to circumcise

I do not know if God prefers a calendar. All I know is that He gave the Ten Commandments one of which is to keep the Sabbath.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #255 on: April 14, 2015, 02:08:52 PM »
Not at all. We have seen how the Jerusalem Council gave reasons for not subjecting Gentiles to Jewish laws (Paul explains why circumcision and the feasts and sabbaths in Col 2:16 are among the "ordinances" done away with at the cross. We call them ceremonial laws, different from the Ten Commandments). Not sacrificing or keeping the passover have scriptural backing. However, Christianity that keeps Sunday and does away with Sabbath (while at the same time appropriating the Sabbath laws to Sunday) without scriptural backing becomes highly questionable.

You made the assertion that circumcision was commanded of the Jews. Can you back that up?

Unlike Sunday worship, Sabbath keeping has scriptural backing all the way from creation to the prophets, to Christ Himself, to the disciples, to the apostles in the early church and to eternity (Isaiah 58, Isaiah 66). If you found one verse endorsing Sunday, we could begin from there.

The Achiles heel of legalism is picking parts of Torah while tossing out the rest. He also gave a commandment to Israel to circumcise

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #256 on: April 14, 2015, 02:16:03 PM »
Not at all. We have seen how the Jerusalem Council gave reasons for not subjecting Gentiles to Jewish laws
These are not 'Jewish laws' but the LAW OF GOD,THE LAW OF MOSES. Jews did not invent them, these are commandments of God

(Paul explains why circumcision and the feasts and sabbaths in Col 2:16 are among the "ordinances" done away with at the cross.
How unthinking does it get when SDAs cherry pick what was nailed and what was not! The entire Law was nailed to the cross

We call them ceremonial laws, different from the Ten Commandments).
Yes you call them thus but on what basis do you toss out one as 'ceremonial' and another as 'moral' law? Crass arbitrariness

Not sacrificing or keeping the passover have scriptural backing.
And so is NOT esteeming sabbath. Read Romans 14:5 again

However, Christianity that keeps Sunday and does away with Sabbath (while at the same time appropriating the Sabbath laws to Sunday) without scriptural backing becomes highly questionable.
God has given a Gentile freedom to circumcise or not to whereas once He commanded it. Likewise He has given me freedom to esteem one day above others for ANY reason or not to esteem at all

You made the assertion that circumcision was commanded of the Jews. Can you back that up?
hoping you won't throw a tantrum over ESV again

Genesis 17:10-13 English Standard Version (ESV)

10 This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised. 11 You shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you. 12 He who is eight days old among you shall be circumcised. Every male throughout your generations, whether born in your house or bought with your money from any foreigner who is not of your offspring, 13 both he who is born in your house and he who is bought with your money, shall surely be circumcised. So shall my covenant be in your flesh an everlasting covenant.

Unlike Sunday worship, Sabbath keeping has scriptural backing all the way from creation to the prophets, to Christ Himself, to the disciples, to the apostles in the early church and to eternity (Isaiah 58, Isaiah 66). If you found one verse endorsing Sunday, we could begin from there.
I don't need a single verse endorsing Sunday because I have been left to my own convictions to esteem a day above others or not to.

Romans 14:5 (KJV)
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind

It's high time you approached God minus your Adventist shades where whatever you do must have been commanded somewhere. Does God endorse Android or iOS? 8)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #257 on: April 16, 2015, 02:27:06 PM »
Nuff Sed,
Could you be kind enough to teach me where Sabbath will be kept in heaven from the book of Isaiah?

Thank you, you are far too kind

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2015, 10:07:25 AM »
https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/https://www.opendoorsusa.org/newsroom/tag-news-post/kenya-many-saw-sights-too-horrible-to-describe/

Postbank Adventist workers fired for keeping the Sabbath had to go to court.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201410090159.html

Alliance High School students had a similar experience. Remember these are children still in their teenage years being persecuted for their faith.
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/lifestyle/article/2000084618/judge-orders-public-schools-to-exempt-sda-students-in-row-over-sabbath

And there are many others.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #259 on: April 20, 2015, 12:12:09 PM »
Over 30 Ethiopian Christians just lost they heads to ISIS in Libya
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/isis-release-sickening-new-video-5549977

The various church attacks in Kenia

That's persecution not whining over obsolete shadows. Told you Mormons have been persecuted for the longest; there are Laws forbidding polygamy something they deem as their right. Gay 'Christians' would also fill more pages with how homosexuality their 'God-given' rights are ever so violently infringed to the point of death.

This OpendoorUS, I'd be very much interested in digging they statement of faith. I'd be least surprised if it's not another SDA lobby group unintelligently distancing itself from its mother cult

https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/https://www.opendoorsusa.org/newsroom/tag-news-post/kenya-many-saw-sights-too-horrible-to-describe/

Postbank Adventist workers fired for keeping the Sabbath had to go to court.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201410090159.html

Alliance High School students had a similar experience. Remember these are children still in their teenage years being persecuted for their faith.
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/lifestyle/article/2000084618/judge-orders-public-schools-to-exempt-sda-students-in-row-over-sabbath

And there are many others.